Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
Yeah, don't go after anything more than about two levels higher than you. ^^()

Glyph hacking is a decent source of AP -- hold the Hack button down and a yellow bar will fill; when it fills, it'll present you with a memorization challenge to draw a set of symbols. This will provide you with AP and increase the item drops.

You can also long-press on the Fire button when using XMPs; watch the animation and release it in the center for the greatest damage bonus (20%) -- if you don't release it'll repeat the animation until you do, so there's no need to try to rush it on the first try.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-02-2015, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
L5+ is where xmps start doing real damage.
Your main focus as a low level is Deploy, Mod, Hack, Link, Field.
Best way to field is small triangles.

@Coda
I don't flies but i do drink smurf tears
Old Posted 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #19  
I downloaded this game, it's a interesting story/concept, but I have no motivation to walk down my street to play the game. Still a cool looking app nonetheless.

Old Posted 04-02-2015, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Sadly illusion it does require movement. If anything you could play when you travel to stores and such
Old Posted 04-04-2015, 08:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
Hey Espy, we're gonna farm northeast Pasadena tonight at 8. You want in? (Yes, I know it's short notice, I just found out about it myself; someone was like "I'm bored, anyone else wanna farm with me?")

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-04-2015, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyjin View Post
Sadly illusion it does require movement. If anything you could play when you travel to stores and such
Sadly my new town doesn't have sidewalks so walking is a high risk, especially because we have high speed limits on all the side streets for no apparent reason except for stupid.

Old Posted 04-04-2015, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Doesn't have sidewalks at all? Or doesn't have curbs/turf/barriers between the pedestrian area and the street? Because the latter is paradoxically SAFER.

Old Posted 04-04-2015, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
No sidewalks, at all. The only sidewalks are located at the beach in my Town. It's very weird considering all the Cities I used to live at are all around this Town and have sidewalks, then you come 1 mile down over here and nothing.

I live 3 streets down from the Elementary, Middle, and High School (all right next to each other) and even if they live 1 street away from the school they still get picked up/dropped off because there are no sidewalks.

People walk on the road though and walk their dogs despite the streets having a 30mph speed limit. With the exception to the school area that as 25mph. People ride their bikes on the side of the road, but I never caught one person riding a bike, and I was told most people just pack their bikes into the car and drive to the beach and ride the bike paths there because the streets are too dangerous.

The good news is (I suppose) is that we don't get a ton of homeless people in the area because it's unsafe for them to be walking/biking in the streets. :/

Old Posted 04-05-2015, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #25  
I mean, you can drive-by hack a lot. Doesn't work well if you have to link and deploy, but I do quite a bit of drive-by hacking when I'm not the one, well, driving.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-05-2015, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Drive by hacks, deploys, links, anything really you need to be at or under 35mph.
Old Posted 04-05-2015, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #27  
I've done drive-by hacks at highway speeds. You just need to have the portal tab open and your thumb on the hack button. Obviously doesn't work for deploys and links.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-08-2015, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've done drive-by deploys at highway speeds before, but you give up your opportunity to hack.

Any action taken at >35mph has a chance of failing, though. A failed hack will return a message like "Hack returned no items." I think a failed deploy will just buzz and not do anything, giving you the item back.

Old Posted 04-08-2015, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #29  
I get to have fun this weekend. Atlanta shall be my play ground. *evil laugh*
Old Posted 04-08-2015, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Made a sort of...friend...on campus? Green dude. Seems decently nice. He bowls over whatever I attempt to deploy/link, though.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-08-2015, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #31  
Espy that is a good thing. Let him blow it up and once its white again redeploy. 1st deploy 650AP do that a few times and it adds up. I got to L7 by doing that.
Old Posted 04-08-2015, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yeah, it's a good strategy, really cheap too since it only takes you a L1 resonator and he can probably drop it with one or two of whatever the weakest XMP in his inventory is.

Of course, if you ever want to get back at him, and you happen across a JARVIS virus, you can blow up one of his farming portals (stuff with multi-hack and heat sinks), fill it up with L1 resonators, put worthless crap mods on it, and then turn it green with the JARVIS virus... now instead of a useful farming portal, he's got a dinky crap portal that'll make him waste resonators if he wants to get ANYTHING useful out of it... and he can't blow it up to put better mods on it because it belongs to his own team. Bwahaha.

Old Posted 04-08-2015, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote