Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #17  
No, the PSP Tactics is a remake of the original PS1 version (1997, I believe). You can imagine the... sentiments when a new Tactics game was announced back in... what was it, 2005?

I can't remember if they called it an official sequel, but... those were naive times, I suppose? :P I don't know, I just don't understand why they choose to go in that direction, or why they haven't made a proper sequel in the last 15 years.... (not counting the Tactics Ogre remake, which... actually does kind of count).
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-22-2012, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
yes sadly alot changed in the final product of FF7 as it wasnt even finished but as a whole its not a bad game to really understand it you need to play all the side games though which really does suck. But i have to say i loved dirge of cerberus but thats cause i love vincent
Old Posted 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #19  
M'eh Dirge of Cerberus was kind of Okay, but I only really liked it for Shelke, I don't know why. And whatever accent Caith Sith had that was pretty hilariously not fitting.

In other news, I suck royaly bad at Theatrym Final Fantasy. My friend has it, the first time I tried I manage to stay alive for like a minute, and the second time I didn't even last 20 seconds -.-
I don't even
Old Posted 09-22-2012, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My experience with FF7 went as follows: friends are playing. Cut scene when everyone shouts "this is cool!" becuse they have all played it before. Some people I don't know are gathered at some kind of altar, then some guy I don't know but with really cool hair jumps down from somewhere and kills this girl on the altar. He leaves. And I thought "that's pretty cool!" adn then never thought much of the game again, except to once and a while think "I wonder what that game was with the cool cut scene" and that was all.

Oh wait! I remember something else. Was watching a different friend play a game which I now know to be final fantasy and now believe to be 7 because the little man running around was purple and blonde. She was running through this forest thing and I thought "this reminds me of my cousin playing Zelda" and then the screen shifts and there is this little tadpole thing in a robe. It doesn't appear to be doing much but my friend freaks and runs like hell.

I learned more about the game when I went on to wikipedia to collect background info on Advent Children which I printed and put in the DVD case.

I still have War of the Lions that I snagged fronm EB (on dear Sheol's recommendation of course ;)). I still need to harass my brother for his PSP. He can't recall where he put it. I *do* know where he put it. I should probably get around to mentioning this. I remember seeing the original on PS1.

My sister ranted and raved about the ending of FFX (the one with Tidus I think, and the city Zandaken, or however it was spelt). Otherwise I hear it wasn't bad.
Old Posted 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
there is this little tadpole thing in a robe. It doesn't appear to be doing much but my friend freaks and runs like hell.
Pretty sure this be a Tonberry. Did it have a knife? And that would be a natural reaction to a tonberry, even overpewered with full stats you don't want to see one because of trauma and stuff. THESE THING ARE GOD DAMN HELL.

Speaking of ennemy, the malboros are annoying because of course the ennemys that uses status effet work about 90% of the time, but you about 0.90% (if you're lucky.). I hate that. Actualy, the only damn RPG I've seen status effect actualy working is Golden Sun (damn the sleep psynergie can break the game xD).

Actualy... status effect kind of work (KIND OF) in 13. As in, debuffs. I WANT TO POISON SHIT DAMIT AND PARALYSE THEM. I don't want 100% but dammit, I'd rather not spend 998 of my 999MP on god damn non-working spell that cost like 3MP. I know the math don't work, don't care.
I don't even
Old Posted 09-23-2012, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Oh it was a tonberry. I know that now but I didn't at the time. I was running from one and it killed off three of my four person party in the process. That was 9 I think. My friend got all of his party taken out before he could flee (different friend). There was much joy when we finally got tough enough to kill them.
Old Posted 09-23-2012, 04:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #23  
Reno from FF7 and Vivi from FF9 <3

I liked games Tactics, 7, 8, 9 so far. I tried to play X but.. well.. the friend i was borrowing it from kept telling me what happens next so i quit.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Sucks when people do that. I don't usually mind so long as the stuff that comes up actually sounds like it would be interesting to see.
Old Posted 09-23-2012, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #25  
Playing War of the Lions now. Too early to make opinions yet, except that the AI is doing a spectacular job of being useless.

Whether or not Delita is evil or a decent guy is going to bug me until the end of the game. I know. They did have to start wtih that future cut scene, didn't they? -.-
Old Posted 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
It really will bug you right up until the end of the game, and beyond. :P
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-25-2012, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #27  
I have some theories about his character. I'll let you know if they turn out to be true.
Old Posted 09-26-2012, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
A Genetic Infection
It depends on what game your talking about but Balthier and Vincent Valentine are among my tops!
Old Posted 10-06-2012, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Vincent's shoes bug me. They are hardly practical.
Old Posted 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I can't pick a favourite. I have least favourites, though. ;~;

But overall? I absolutely adore final fantasy so so much I could cry.
Old Posted 10-14-2012, 04:39 AM Reply With Quote  
The Unlucky One.
Default   #31  
Omg my favorite character is Vincent Valentine and Sephiroth, And Arieth, but yeah epic ness!
Old Posted 10-15-2012, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Hmm, is it alright if we like non-important characters?

I like Cid from FF6,7,10, and 12..
Kimahri Ronso and Lulu from FF10..
Vivi and Steiner and Freya from FF9..
Zack Fair (actually an awesome character before Cloud swiped all his personality 8i) from FF7..
The Cocktrices from FF12..
Annnd Lady Ashe from FF12..

Favourite parts of each game (which I've played)-

FF7 - Horror vibe came with some parts of the game that made the storyline really pop for me. Being able to change who Cloud dated and get attached to was also nice. :P I never was much of an Aerith fan. Also.. Chocobo racing and breeding. <3 Difficult, but when you finally get a Black Chocobo.. Totally worth it.

FF9 - I enjoyed getting to know the various characters in the game and pursuing different quests. The card games and things were very much a bonus for me (and sometimes very aggravating). Back then, the graphics were also very well done and I found them impressive when it was newly released.

FF10 - The music and scenery and character designs were nice. Liked a few of the backstories of some characters.

FF12 - The more in-depth political theme was very intriguing for me. I don't play many games like that but the gameplay really dragged me in. Again, beautiful character designs and MASSIVE history of Ivalice (and the races) was a nice touch that allowed me to immerse myself into the game. I liked being able to move around when fighting was a welcome change (was disturbed when they took it back out in the next game :/).

One big drag on all of the games.. Level-up grinding.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote