Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #17  
Splitting votes now wont matter once they decide who their nominee is. If it becomes Cruz, there is good likely hood a lot of people in the republican party would still vote for him. If it is Trump most of the people say they will vote for Hilary.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Really? Most republicans I talk to are of the "leave the Republican Party" persuasion in that scenario...or just not vote. They like Trump.

(Sort of feel uncomfortable getting off topic)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #19  
I am just going based off what I have seen in the general media. In person I do not talk to people about politics. I know to many people that support, disagree and what not with various leaders. Its been sort of a historical tradition that NC votes red.

Lol then lets get back on topic, because the next president and various lawsuits are actually going to effect if this law stays in place. Cruz is all for it, Trump is against it. So as far as I surmise this law is another religious rule that people are going to keep thumping until its settled.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Pog I know, Fayetteville has only been insulated to the first backlash wave because of the military. Charlotte and Raleigh have gotten the worst of it so far.

They really have screwed up with it now and it is bringing way too much political backlash, when you are on the national news for over a week something is going on.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #21  
:O I thought you guys were in the mountains.

I have kind of never been happier to not watch tv, but its all over yahoo and the paper. There are even claims now that same sex couples are getting refused treatments since the new law is in place. Its to early for me to tell if its true or not.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Our culture moves forward three steps and then back two. Hopefully the backsteps won't prevent overall forward momentum.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #23  
>Inserts opinion here<

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-23-2016, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
How very true, SparX.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #25  
…. I graduated and moved, Alpha lives in Concord now though.

I just have to grit my teeth around people though because they are going on and on about "I don't want a man in the same restroom as my little girl." They can't seem to get past the fact that 99% of people aren't going to do anything than use the restroom, and the other 1% are going to hurt people with or without the law.
One of my friends actually used the women's restroom to just make a point that them being in the restroom of their birth gender makes more of a fuss than when they use the men's restroom.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
As another perspective, transgender men are now required to use women's restrooms by NC law.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #27  
Yeah, my friend is a trans male. All most started a riot at Walmart when he went into the restroom, let alone when he used the girls locker room in high school and he hadn't even started testosterone then.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
As another perspective, transgender men are now required to use women's restrooms by NC law.
Gads. So trans men who were born in a state that won't change birth certificates have to use the women's bathroom by state law, but will be breaking the law by using it.

That's messed up.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #29  
Alot of people I know who are ok with trans but don't have much or any interaction with them are like "just build them a separate bathroom!"
Like bro that's not fixing the fucking problem. My friend mark was born female, refuses to do the operation (His personal choice), but that doesn't make him any less the male he views himself as.
I have another friend from elementary school who I lost contact with for 6 years or so, got ahold of them and We used to spend almost every weekend at each others house, doing makeup and sneaking non-parental approved books into there room (there dad was super religious and wouldn't allow anything not religion based in the house, so we would sneak in manga and books about witches and werewolves XD) and recently they informed me they don't claim a gender. They say some days they feel like either or, but more often then not they are just them. So where do they go?
All these things effect people closer to you then most people think and it infuriates me that people are so degrading and rude!
I had a coworker bragging about how he went off on a news article defending trans bathroom rights because he won't feel safe knowing a liar is near him
WHAT THE LIVING HELL DUDE NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND YOUR A HYPOCRITE WHEN YOU LIE YOURSELF! THEY ARE IN NO WAY LYING ABOUT ANYTHING YOU PRICK
sorry. I never got to say anything to him as I got sent out on a delivery but I have so many words I would like to say .-.
side note- since we live in WA mark actually proposed to his girlfriend on Wednesday! Can't wait for the wedding!

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-23-2016, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Uh lying about what? I am so curious. Go hound your coworker down and ask them!

Hmm not to make light of things, but maybe I will meet my next lover in the bathroom. I've met some pretty nice trans males, so I don't mind if we have flirtations over the stalls. But we are going to have a hell of a problem if they don't put the seat cover down.

And that is the whole reason in a nutshell why we can't really do anything. We don't check ids at the bathroom entrance its utterly stupid to treat the stalls like its air port security. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it can use the bathroom like a duck.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #31  
But if the goose that looks like a duck gets carded they can be convicted with a felony in NC.

That sounded wrong, but I don't know how to put it to sound less offensive.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenKitty View Post
Gads. So trans men who were born in a state that won't change birth certificates have to use the women's bathroom by state law, but will be breaking the law by using it.

That's messed up.
The most messed up part of that is that THIS IS EXACTLY THE POINT.

They can't constitutionally make it illegal to be trans, so they want to make it impossible to function in society instead.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote