Default   #22913  
My mom and I are both on federal disability. :/
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoonSlayer View Post
My mom and I are both on federal disability. :/
There are some people who actually need it like you.. but then again my neighbors.. most of them if any owned a house.. they don't deserve it they're all on welfare or similar, do drugs and are alcoholics.. e_e woo for the bad part of town!(not really we're the meh part of town.. not even the bad xD)

Also our 1 bedroom apartment. not bad sized.. is $550/mo, and water is included (but we have to pay for gas and electricity and everything else)
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22915  
Wow that seems expensive for a 1 bedroom. Ours is a 2 bedroom with an office and 1 bathroom, but we have to pay for everything else. I dunno if they pay for water or not. But our rent is around the same as yours.

But yeah, both of them are able to work. They both have schizophrenia and they use that as an excuse to get out of a lot of things like working and driving. Or at least my step dad uses it as an excuse. My mother on the other hand has a bad back so working would be a little harder for her.
Your friendly neighborhood panhandler.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Wow that seems expensive for a 1 bedroom. Ours is a 2 bedroom with an office and 1 bathroom, but we have to pay for everything else. I dunno if they pay for water or not. But our rent is around the same as yours.

But yeah, both of them are able to work. They both have schizophrenia and they use that as an excuse to get out of a lot of things like working and driving. Or at least my step dad uses it as an excuse. My mother on the other hand has a bad back so working would be a little harder for her.
We'd have a bigger place but I can't find a job.. not even the worst nursing home in town has called me back, and the McDonald's isn't hiring me, either.. x_x (the application list was over 1/2 an inch thick..)

we have.. a cubbyhole for a bathroom, toilet, and sink and a tiny standing shower, it can't even fit 2 people in it without being pressed directly together (I've tried.. x_x curiosity killed the cat) The kitchen is also one of those teeny strip kitchens.. but hell, 2 bedrooms just around this size, or a little bigger are anywhere from $750-900/mo depending in this town.. and for other towns in this area, online.. for the crappy ones the low end = $800, and the higher end for a 2 bedroom..? around $1300 or so a month e_e
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #22917  
Our house is 3 beds, 1 bath, a living room and a kitchen. Literally only 6 rooms. And we pay about 350 a month on the mortgage... well I pay 150 of it my granddad covers the rest because mom is horrible at managing her finances and hasn't sent him a rent check in months. At least not that I am aware of. Mom has a few tickets with the county, and as such can't get a mortgage because it impacts her credit, so if we moved the loan would be in my name. Which means I'd have to start getting really ass-holey to my mom about her getting her finances in line so she can pay her share of the rent.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
My mom has her first thing she NEEDS to pay or fark stuff up...
Car payments and insurance, we were skimming by before.. and now we have an extra $300 in stuff DD;
It's hard... also the food stamp process in my town is stupid I am 19, almost 20, a legal adult but because I live with her, they made me include her EVERY ASSET in my food stamp application...
Even she says it's BS and we sorta sulked out of there because she needed to get to work (I turned the application in.. but no appointment yet.. xD)
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22919  
Finding a job is also very hard for me at the moment. I've applied almost everywhere in town and I can't work anywhere else, because I don't drive and neither does my mom or step dad. We have no car, so they use this public van service to get to doctor's appointments and stuff. Sometimes they try to bum rides off of people and that pisses me off. This apartment is about 950 sq. ft. so it is pretty good sized in my opinion. The kitchen is pretty much in the living room. They are conjoined, so it is an open area. Our bathroom has a small sink area, but has a bathtub with a shower in it, and the toilet is probably two or three feet away from the tub. The bedrooms are a good size and the office can be a small bedroom. Right now my mom is using it as an exercise room and she throws anything else in there that she doesn't have any room for anywhere else. It's a disaster area pretty much.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
I don't drive/have a car myself, so I can't egt out of town unless I use the public transportation and it's so crappy I'm scared of it.. a bus every hour, tops.. DD;
I've applied pretty much everywhere in town but as a HS dropout in a dying town.. it's pretty damn hard :C
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22921  
If I could get a job and work more than 15 hours a week, holy crap I'd be in heaven. Can't stand it here. But by the end of next summer, I want to have enough money saved up for a decent down payment on a house, even if it's just a small trailer, but I'd prefer it to be a manufactured home or better. If my boyfriend has a good paying job by then, I'd invite him to live with me and we could go half and half on everything, besides cell phones and insurance. I'd be done with Nail Tech school because it only takes 3 months to complete and I'd be making around $1,000 a month after that to start out. When I buy a house, my mother is not following me due to the fact that her husband would still be with her. She has to buy her own house, or just keep renting for the rest of her life.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
I'll be working my ass off this year. I'll be a senior and throughout my schooling career, I've been so spacey and I doodle a lot of the time, so it will be hard for me to understand some things. I've failed two English credits out of the other three years and an Algebra 1 credit, so I'll be making those up after school. But overall, I think 5 credits missed in 3 years of high school is pretty damn good for me. The other 2 credits I missed were elective credits.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #22923  
Mom owes like...3k to the county because of tickets from the Zoning office about how we care for and use our yard. Turns out the zoning officer who has been harassing us has been doing the same to other people in the county and has a class action lawsuit being filed against her. Mom will be joining that if she can, because she has been threatening with having her income "garnished" which means they take money from her before it gets to her. However disability income cannot be garnished. So we are not having to pay the tickets however the still count against her credit score.

We own our car free and clear but maintaining it has been expensive over the years, however we still love the little thing cuz it's quite the trooper. We actually got it free from my dad's wife after our last car's engine died and we couldn't afford to buy a new car. My dad's wife (who was his fiance at the time) had three cars at the time and we were given the one that hand a sound engine but some cosmetic damage from her daughter hitting something. The other one which looked good but didn't run well was held onto and later my sister got it. The third was sold.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
I have everything planned out, and if I can get a job before the year ends, I'll be saving almost everything I earn for a down payment on a house in a nearby town with more jobs and a better overall economy. Nail Tech school will be over with by around this time next year, so I'll have my license all ready to go and I'll apply for every hiring Salon in the area, and there are quite a few. Once I get the job, I'll be looking for a cheap house in decent condition and I'll be all set n__n My boyfriend would help with payments of course but it would be owned by both of us. I just hope he can find a better job before the time comes so he can help with the down payment.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #22925  
We have all of 100 dollars in savings and we haven't been able to put away more then that lately. Mom's phone racked up 45 dollars in usage overages last month so I was short and had trouble even feeding myself by the time the end of the month rolled around. Pissed me off and she hasn't payed all of it back yet. She was 400 dollars overdrawn at the end of last month. And yet she still refuses to have a payee like I have since I can't deal with my own finances either.

We both tend to fail at money management but at least I did the responsible thing and got help with it. :/
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
My mom is an impulse buyer, but overall we stay floating, but barely.. we COULD get rid of the net but then I'd have literally nothing to do all day, to make up for having no job I do the chores around the house that I can, and we save on the phone bill, it it's a $10 internet land line through her BF's cell phone plan...
Mrrr T_T
What REALLY pisses me off is my mom's BF's daughter.. she's a royal BITCH and I hate her guts..
She graduated at 16, and was being pushed to go to college by her grandmother, but her gramma died, she had a FULLY PAID college scholarship, and she TURNED IT DOWN so take some 'time off'.
Now she's getting, scott free from like.. a thing set up for her by a more rich relative who died, a $12k a YEAR school fund.. her and her mom don't have jobs so instead she's going for a $1.4k/mo apartment with the money instead of school, and a tattoo, a tramp stamp even, with 4 or so stars, written in Disney letters it says "when you wish upon a star, dreams do come true" right above her butt.. ._.;;;

I don't even get to go to any family events my mom's BF's family does because she throws a hissy fit because she hates me for no reason when I at least to try be civil to her.
So.. I get stuck home alone on Easter, Mother's Day, 4th of July, and sometimes even around Christmas...
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #22927  
I just applied for a video editing job at my school and I really hope I get it. >.< if I can at least get an interview, I can show off better because I look horrible on paper but do well in interviews.
I've been having trouble finding a job because I don't have any formal experience. no one wants to hire me because other people have better resumes.

I have just barely enough money to cover my housing and food for the rest of the year, then I run out. the problem is that I have $300 in textbooks that I have to pay before November... >.<

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
SOLDIER 1st Class
Mew, I'm back.
My cosplay account for those that wish to see it. http://saharadesr.deviantart.com/
Sephiroth's riding choice over a chocobo.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote