Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Spare change?
Default   #22897  
I'm living with my mom in an apartment, and painting rooms in a rental could be problematic xD
Your friendly neighborhood panhandler.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I'm living with my mom in an apartment, and painting rooms in a rental could be problematic xD
Same.. bah stupid rentals *grumble* >.> I don't think my landlord'd mind.. the place is a dump.. and he's a scumlord... but she wont let me anyway ;)
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22899  
Does anyone else feel that renting is a waste of money? Because if you think about it, the average cost of an apartment is around $700 a month, depending on the area you live in. That would be about as much of a payment on a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house per month. So why pay for something that is only temporary, when you could be paying off something that is going toward actual ownership?
Last edited by Bum; 09-04-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Typo. My bad.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
if you asked and get permission they should let you..

we're not allowed to paint our rooms cause of section 8 and HUD.. or what ever that new program is =.=

we pay 100$ and something thanks to the 2 programs above >.>,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #22901  
Quote:
When you get around to painting your room, use a cd case or a piece of cardboard so you don't get any paint on the ceiling and the floor. Like, hold it while you are painting n__n And I got two gallons because I had to do two coats in my room, because the color was this yellowish tan and I didn't really like it.
I'd probably use a flattened cereal box. We tried using painters tape and paper when we did mom's room when we were switching but it sorta failed miserably. xD

Also this room already had paint on the ceiling from when whoever painted this room before we moved in did it. It's not much but it's noticeable. I also need to get the closet door outta the garage and put it up if I can. It was out where when we moved in and we don't know why so maybe the house settled and the door doesn't fit anymore or something. o Ao
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
I will never finish my quest. XD
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22903  
I know it takes getting approval and everything before getting a house, but my mother has rented her entire life and she is 40 years old. No offense to her or anything. I want a house by the time I'm 25, even if it's just a little 2 bedroom 1 bathroom place. At least it would be mine and if I ever wanted, I could sell it and use that as a down payment to get something a little bigger or something that has a basement.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Generally rentals come with maintenance included in the price though, like if your plumbing goes crazy or a window is broken during a wind storm. Or electrical crap. x.x
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Default   #22905  
Part of the reason is then you're in charge of the whole place you can't up and move for a job if you need, and there's mortgages and some people wont take certain credits (my mom has no credit at all o3o)
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Painters tape sucks. It is still hard to not get the ceiling no matter what you do though, unless you overpay and have professionals do it, but where's the fun in that? xD It was a fun experience painting my old room with my aunt. I moved a year later though because it wasn't working out for me very well.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Default   #22907  
Well yes, you do become in charge of your own place, and it does take good credit to get a house. My mom has 5 pages of bad credit to fix, and my step dad has zero credit. I don't want her to buy a house while she is married to him though, because if they ever got a divorce, she would have to split the profits with him 50/50, and then she'd be screwed pretty much. Her husband is a slob and eats everything. We had a full pan of lasagna last night for dinner and he ate over half of it, took a crap, then ate some more of it. That's just how he is. Eats, cigarette, craps, computer, cigarette. Eats, cigarette, craps, computer, cigarette, etc. It is pathetic.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I love painting, anytime growing up my dad painted something I'd be out there with a paintbrush making a mess of things. xD

But we need to hire a pro to paint the exterior of the house. We tried doing that ourselves but the pressure washer didn't get the flaking paint off and my sisters didn't take a putty knife to it to get said flakes off so we still have flaking paint despite the new layer of paint on the house.

There are so many little repairs this house needs and we simply can't afford to fix everything. Makes me all sad because as a fixer this house is worth less than what we currently owe on it and we've been making mortgage payments for about 10 years. Yay for buying during the housing bubble thinger. D'8

Edit: and I should note we brought it as a fixer then shit went pear shaped and our funding for fixing it up went bye-bye.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Default   #22909  
Well, that totally sucks.. Alsooo DK, accept the trade on kuffels? ;)
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
First Evil Ex-Gaian
Quote:
Does anyone else feel that renting is a waste of money? Because if you think about it, the average cost of an apartment is around $700 a month, depending on the area you live in. That would be about as much of a payment on a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house per month. So why pay for something that is only temporary, when you could be paying off something that is going toward actual ownership?
Rent: If anything happens to the house, the landlord is responsible to having it paid to be fixed.

Buy: You literally have to pay for everything.

Personally, I'd only rent unless starting a family, less responsibility and I could decide to get a newer place easier.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace
Default   #22911  
Banners and such added to my shoppy XP yayay~ <3 haha

so whats going on? (:

I am the Typhoon Knight of Chaos
I am the Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace

Announcement// Stay tuned for an up-coming art shop of mines during the summer. A preview will my provided in my signature.
Quest Log// Coming soon...
Current funding's// 623 Aurum
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Spare change?
Well, the little things tend to add up. It just sucks unless everyone in the house puts forth effort to get everything fixed, or most everything. I'm just disappointed because I didn't know how bad my mom's credit was before I found a house that was in decent shape, just needed a few repairs and paint, maybe carpet, and it would have been done. All for under $70,000. I don't even think people who collect just government money should be able to buy a house to be honest. Neither my mom nor my step dad work.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote