Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #1713  
Nice Coda! We got some new stops near my house yesterday and a new gym which was cool ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I bet all my pokemon suck stats wise, but I don't really care. No one gathers for raids really (and if there is a special thing like articuno? They travel somewhere else to do it) and so, only one and two star raids for me (so I don't need good pokemon lol)
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1715  
How do you tell if something is peak? Is that when it says something is great? I am confused by one of my pokemon that has two "great!" stats but also stats that are kinda basic. Does that mean the third is super low for a crummy average?

No gecko-thing after checking again. I guess I abandoned it as I'm running low on pokeballs again. I do have several pokemon just a few candies away from evolving but it takes me so long to get those few catches when I'm at home that often I find a better one and switch to that one instead. 'tis the story with my weepinbell, and my whismer.
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
The overall assessment judges the combined total of the Pokemon's stats. The top tier message there means that the total is 37 or higher, with a possible maximum of 45.

The description of the Pokemon's stats is actually a description of just how good the Pokemon's highest stat (singular). The top tier message there means it's a 15, and the next tier down means 13-14. That said, if the appraiser lists two top stats, obviously that number applies to both of them. (An absolutely perfect Pokemon would list all three stats.)

You can sort of pick up the other stats by implication. If the Pokemon is listed as being a "wonder" (to use the Team Mystic label) but it only has one top stat which is only listed as "impressed" (instead of "incredible") then you know its total must be at least 37, but it couldn't possibly be higher than 40. The only possible stat spreads or this combination, then, are 13/12/12, 14/12/11, and 14/13/10. Any other combination would mean that the report would say something different.

Conversely, if it's listed as "caught my attention" but the top stat is "incredible" that means its stat total is 30-36, and one of those stats is a 15, which means that either one stat is complete garbage, or both other stats are middling. (It's theoretically possible for a "caught my attention" Pokemon to have two incredible stats. That would mean 15/15/0.)

Online calculators can combine these reports with the values known to you -- the Pokemon's CP, HP, and level (a maxed out Pokemon's level is equal to twice your trainer level) -- as well as the master list of the Pokemon species' base stats (which is derived from the stat tables in the main-series games) to figure out what possible combinations of values could give the results you see. It's PROBABLY not important to know it at that precision because the game mechanics never make a direct stat-to-stat matchup a deciding factor: the fact that you never have direct human-vs-human battles means that you're not trying to optimize around surviving attacks with a sliver of health like the metagame in the main-series games does.

Just knowing that your sweeper-type has high Attack or that your tank-type has high Defense is good enough.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1717  
...there's a lot more technical stuff here than I thought. I just use the trainer "appraise" features (Instinct) and "can battle with the best of them" I assume is the highest praise, but often I'll have one that's "really strong" or even "okay" but will reference one or more specific stats as being of note.

My original bulbasaur I've still got is "battle with the best of them" with all three stats as "great." He's still only cp 10 though and I keep wondering if it's feasible to level him up higher or if he's set at my trainer level 1 self.
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I forgot to play it on Wednesday when I was out ugh. D: I'll check it tonight LOL

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1719  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
...there's a lot more technical stuff here than I thought. I just use the trainer "appraise" features (Instinct) and "can battle with the best of them" I assume is the highest praise, but often I'll have one that's "really strong" or even "okay" but will reference one or more specific stats as being of note.

My original bulbasaur I've still got is "battle with the best of them" with all three stats as "great." He's still only cp 10 though and I keep wondering if it's feasible to level him up higher or if he's set at my trainer level 1 self.
Whoa, a perfect Bulbasaur. It would totally be worth it if you can come up with the candies for it. It'd be a LOT of work, but it would kick serious bulb. It's not capped at your level when you caught it; the cap raises when you level up.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-13-2018, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Whoa, a perfect Bulbasaur. It would totally be worth it if you can come up with the candies for it. It'd be a LOT of work, but it would kick serious bulb. It's not capped at your level when you caught it; the cap raises when you level up.
Ah, handy! And not quite perfect. I checked again and he's "really strong." And huge. My "best of them" with "great" stats being "the best [he's] ever seen" would be my jumpluff. He's still not very high on the cp end though. I caught him fairly early.

And I am missing a lot the past couple days. Yes, I do have the treeko I thought I had but decided I didn't. My Rhydon got punted from a gym in short order a couple days ago, but Raichu #1 is still holding his spot.
Old Posted 07-14-2018, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1721  
"Really strong" + three "impressive" stats = 13/13/13. It's the only set of numbers that fits that report. 14/14/14 would report "battle with the best" for the first part and 12/12/12 would report "definitely got some good stats" for the third part.

Sadly for Jumpluff, it's not actually very good. :( It used to have a niche back in the early days of gyms, where it was one of the better choices to go up against the common threats that would occupy gyms (Rhydon and Vaporeon) -- not because it was powerful, but because it was weak enough on the attack stats that it would have low CP relative to its overall combat effectiveness so it would gain you more rewards from the battle. That game mechanic got replaced with a much better mechanic, but as a result Jumpluff is... just kinda meh now. It's not AWFUL, but it's a slot that would almost be certainly better filled by a different grass type.

Size has absolutely no statistical relevance. It's just a flavor tidbit.

Old Posted 07-14-2018, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I CAUGHT AERODACYTAL in my house took me every ball I only had a few :/ I suck at catching ones up in the air and he wouldn't come down but boom caught him :D now I need friends to send me gifts I need balls lol

7713 8592 5935 add my friend code
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Last edited by XoGizmooX; 07-14-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old Posted 07-14-2018, 10:51 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1723  
I caught a Torchic yesterday. That's.... about it ;n;

Old Posted 07-15-2018, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
"Really strong" + three "impressive" stats = 13/13/13. It's the only set of numbers that fits that report. 14/14/14 would report "battle with the best" for the first part and 12/12/12 would report "definitely got some good stats" for the third part.

Sadly for Jumpluff, it's not actually very good. :( It used to have a niche back in the early days of gyms, where it was one of the better choices to go up against the common threats that would occupy gyms (Rhydon and Vaporeon) -- not because it was powerful, but because it was weak enough on the attack stats that it would have low CP relative to its overall combat effectiveness so it would gain you more rewards from the battle. That game mechanic got replaced with a much better mechanic, but as a result Jumpluff is... just kinda meh now. It's not AWFUL, but it's a slot that would almost be certainly better filled by a different grass type.

Size has absolutely no statistical relevance. It's just a flavor tidbit.
Yeah, 'Luff isn't exactly stellar. I am amused by the size of my bulbasaur because my original one was named "Maximus."

Walked around with little Max today while I was watering but nothing much happened. At least it takes only 1km to get a candy so he's faster to boost than Mighty.
Old Posted 07-15-2018, 05:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1725  
I'm trying to evolve a magikarp....only 300+ candies to go lol
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've just been using the pinap berries on each magicarp I see. Less than 50 to go, but I'm not evolving yet because it's apparently a research thing.

Still need to catch that ditto...
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1727  
Oh yeah, save the magikarp evolving for it.

Well, if you're ever at a pokestop and it says one of something is there and two appear, it is a better chance that one is a ditto. Mainly rattata, pidgey, zigzagoon, etc.
Old Posted 07-16-2018, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Magikarp has to cost so dam much to evolve. D<

Old Posted 07-16-2018, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote