Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #1681  
I'm impressed, Den, backstrapping isn't super easy. I would let you borrow my extra loom if I could. :/

Santa's Sprout sounds... ahem...
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
What kind of seasonal smells does Kaderin like for lotions. ;D

And it's Santa's SPRUCE, like the variety of evergreen tree but STILL YOU GOT MY MEANING XD
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Damies; 11-14-2017 at 12:17 AM. Reason: edit cuz dumb
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1683  
I mean, mainly for winter, I love the smell of peppermint, but I know that is problematic for you. But I like pine or balsam smells as long as they're not too strong. And cranberry is also really good. Oh, and vanilla or almond...kind of baking food smells.

Spring tends to be all floral type stuff, which is ick mainly so generally nope on that.

Summer for me is all yummy fruit and citrus scents.

And for fall, I love kind of coffee, tea, or kind of autumnal spices (ginger, cloves, cardamom, light cinnamon, etc) and pumpkin.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yesssss. Now I know the secrets... huhuhuhuhu....

(you'd like Santa's Spruce ;D )
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1685  
Lol...probably, yes. XD
The one think I've discovered that I don't like is a really strong spicy cinnamon smell. We have cinnamon scented pine cones at work and they make me sneeze. A lot.

I actually ordered some perfume samples from Etsy that are Christmas seasonal scents...and I'm really curious to see how they are. The shop I ordered them from seems SUPER professional and seriously has probably 6 or more Christmas themed sample sets. Each with approximately 5 scents each...and none are dupes... Plus countless more non-Christmas scents.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-14-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Mom burns cinnamon-scented candles... so it's not my favorite scent... I like more floral stuff, and woodsy stuff, unisex scents, that sorta thing...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1687  
I feel like, with a lot of scents, I never got the chance to experience them because my mom was seriously allergic to pretty much everything except vanilla, that I don't really like anything because I never got to really be around them much. Like, I really have a hard time finding a floral scent that I like or a lot of stuff like sandalwood and patchouli just kind of make me gag. Unfortunately, a lot of the Etsy scent/perfume makers seem to put sandalwood, patchouli, and dragons' blood in a lot of their scents, so even though the rest of it sounds good, that one scent makes me not want to buy it. And very few of them seem to actually offer sample options.

Sorry, kind of went off on a slight tangent there...
XD
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Mom and I are making towel toppers now. xDD
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1689  
Towel toppers?

Kaderin, I understand that, heavy floral scents like lavender and artificial rose give me really bad headaches. I always have to be careful when I get dragged to soap or candle shops.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oh man, lavender and rose are totally the worst for me, too. I don't usually get headaches, but too much time around strong florals can really bother my nose. I don't mind lighter and sweeter florals too much though.

Also, got a perfume roll-on that I ordered from Etsy in the mail yesterday. It was supposed to smell like Earl Grey tea (bergamot, tea leaves and sweet herbs I think is what the discription said). It smelled like my citrus febreeze swiffer wet cloths. And faded to a musty book smell (which I didn't hate, I love the smell of old books) but still had the cleaning product undertone. Bleh. I wish they had offered scent samples. Wouldn't have wasted money on it if I had known it didn't smell anything like tea.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1691  
Rose is among my favorite smells but it has to be JUST RIGHT. Lavender is usually too strong but I like it in itty bitty doses. My favorite floral ever is lilac. <3 Growing up my mom liked scented candles, potpourri, and incense, but never was over zealous with them so I never got burnt out of liking one smell or another. She was good at not using too much of one thing and not mixing smells that weren't complimentary.

TOWEL TOPPERS! Mom crocheted granny squares, I sewed them on, we experimented with attachment angles and we made them to prevent the cats from pulling the hand towels off the stove.

ALSO SOAP UNDER HERE! (spoiler cuz maybe big pictures)
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I like actual real lilac, but not lilac scent because it's never quite the same or is always too strong. But I do like spring because the people next to my apartment have lilacs, so with my windows open, I can smell them faintly.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1693  
Oh wow that soap looks great! That's one craft that always fascinated me but I have never gotten around to trying. Maybe when I get a bigger kitchen. Yours looks great, what scent did you say it was?

OOOOH I've seen the towel toppers, but I have ever heard them actually called anything lol. My granny had them all over her house.

I like natural lilac but not artificial... actually I hate most artificial scents now that I think about it. Usually they come with an overpowering industrial chemical smell.

Old Posted 11-14-2017, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
one of my favorite sites for perfume oils is Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. They don't use alcohol to make the perfume last, because a little dab of whatever scent you choose really goes a long way.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1695  
I have mainly been hunting down stuff on Etsy because a lot of them use coconut oil just as a carrier oil for the fragrance, but not all use alcohol.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
The soap is cranberry fig scent! And I usually make it on a 6ft folding table in my bedroom. Having a murphy bed is a life saver for space issues. xD

I reallly wanna throw stuff at you guys and be like "IS THIS LILAC SCENT ACCEPTABLE?!" because the fragrance oil I have is really nice imo. But it is a fragrance OIL not a perfume or finished product in it's self. Straight outta the bottle it is potent but in lotions and soaps, depending on the usage rate, it is soooo nice. I did accidentally make my mom and way too strongly scented batch of lotion over summer with the lilac scent oil though... it's definitely headache worthy for me, but my mom loves it. xDD

And I am in my room at my desk, and I just looked around and realized I need to put away my various ingredients that are all over my room. Doing so many projects this summer has my room looking like chaos with bits of different things all over. If I ever want to find things again they really need to go to their homes. But remembering that when I am cleaning up after a project is hard. xD
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote