Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Blue Fish
Default Butterbeer Cake~   #1  
I just handmade a cake based off of the Potterverse, from a recipe found on Sugercrafter.net. O:
All the batter was from cratch as well as the frosting, too. c: It smells DIVINE, and I was wondering who else has tried baking things and figuring out, "hey, I'm super awesome at this why don't I do it more", because honestly that's what I'm thinking. B|

Discuss: BAKING. c:
oh and obligatory potterverse discussion.

(Unrelated note; I've had real butterbeer and that shit is delicious yo. It's so rich that more than one would likely induce massive amounts of vomit but damned if I didn't fall head over heels for it.)

LOL GO.
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

My boyfriend and I made it tradition to bake desert for his family every time I'm over. We make cookies, cake, cupcakes, brownies and now we want to make a pie. <3
Sometimes it's from scratch, other times it isn't. His mother found a recipe book that his grandmother wrote, we plan to use it!

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #3  
That sounds like a fantastic adventure, using a handwritten recipe book! O: My grandma has this old-timey recipe book that we use every year at Christmas to bake cookies. c: They're so great.~ I haven't looked through it all the way yet, though, but I bet there's some great stuff in there.
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

Yeah, we're going to do a few deserts and then we plan to try other things for lunch and dinner! > w<

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #5  
I bake ALL the damn time. xDD; I don't ... actually... eat any of it, but, I like experimenting with shit.

Like, I've done THREE different pancake recipes, I've made coffee cake, scones, etc... all from scratch. I'm a fricken super baker. :3
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Oh my God cook for me Batty, plz.

The cake was the most sugary thing I've every eaten JFC. It's like I did the nasty with a bag of sugar.
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #7  
I love baking though I don't usually have much time. I tend to make breads, cakes and cookies. Although that reminds me, I have to find something to go with my Scottish scone recipe soon. Last time I used them for desert and they turned out better than the main course. I think that was my own fault though since I hadn't practiced the main dish before.

The guest I have to cook for is an Englishman who has been living in Scotland for years.
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
OH YEAH. I've made my own pumpkin butter [BETTER THAN APPLE BUTTER] I made peanut butter cookies a month or so ago, and I bake breads, and and cakes, and and... I do my own frosting, too. xDD;

AND WHIPPED CREAM.

I'll totally cook and bake for you, Qyoo.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 08-01-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #9  
Do you and my brother haunt the same places of the Internet? xD

Yesterday he found a recipe for Butterbeer cake and cupcakes. I don't remember if it was from sugarcrafter.net, but the coincidence is uncanny.

Anyway, my mother bakes all the time. She likes cooking and baking too much to let me try to do it, though. :C

I want to make those Butterbeer cupcakes...

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 09:49 AM Reply With Quote