Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #129  
Long coats (like the Duster) that work with skirts without the skirts poking through them!
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
You wanna know something we need? GIRL BOXER SHORTS with ALL THE "SPECIAL" colours! I just went looking for them, and found out that surprise surprise, the only "special" shorts with all the colours for "SPECIAL" fit only the boy bodies.

This needs fixing. Like really.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #131  
....Wow, that's really weird. For reference, Special Boxer Briefs vs Special Basic Boxers [F].

Then again, this was way back when Fen did the silly thing with making male- and female-exclusive poses.

EDIT: ....why on earth is the item named weird
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I neeeeeeeed that purple that's in the "special". *tearful whine*

Wait, what? Weird where?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #133  
The female version should be "Special Boxer Briefs [F]" instead of "Special Basic Boxers". If you search for "Boxers" in Threads and limit the results to female-only, the boxers that show up have an odd naming scheme.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-10-2017, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ahh. Gotcha.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #135  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
....Wow, that's really weird. For reference, Special Boxer Briefs vs Special Basic Boxers [F].

Then again, this was way back when Fen did the silly thing with making male- and female-exclusive poses.

EDIT: ....why on earth is the item named weird
It wasn't a silly thing. M/F poses weren't implemented yet -- I wrote that code myself after I came on staff. There are a handful of items that I wasn't able to automatically merge after that, either because they didn't have male versions, or because (like this item) they were named incorrectly when they were created.

I can't fix it right now, but if you post about it in the error report forum, Toho can get around to it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-11-2017, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Nah, the silly thing I was referring to is like, for example, Lord of Karmic Intervention being dumb and having different chestplate poses for M vs F.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #137  
Oh yeah, that one is dumb.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-11-2017, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Tried reporting it. Proly have convinced Toho I'm nuts.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-11-2017, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #139  
Here's another dumb one: Dark Pandora Skirt [F],Light Pandora Skirt [F],Black Pandora Pants [Dark], Black Pandora Pants [Light], White Pandora Pants [Dark], and White Pandora Pants [Light]. None of these are unisex items.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
those i'm not sure we can fix. the boxer briefs have both male and female versions that were in separate items, but the skirt actually has no male version and the pants no female. with the briefs, it's a matter of recreating a greyscale where the pixels themselves are already there. for the pandora items, we would have to recreate the greyscales and have it so both the color sections and the black/white sections work appropriately, then also try to match the pixeling style to unisex them.

if glitch ever wants to take on that challenge, she's welcome to, but in the same amount of time we could just make new items in a similar style.

i generally believe that new items are vastly more valuable than attempting to "fix" choices that were made in the past.

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #141  
The skirt in particular could probably just be retagged as unisex because it's sized for female hips and the male base is smaller; it would fit close enough to not worry about it.

The pants are only off by a few pixels. They could be corrected manually. I could do it myself; it's a little tedious but it doesn't require any artistic talent. I don't have TIME to do it, but it's hypothetically plausible.

The tops are a lost cause. They'd have to be redrawn.

All in all, it would probably be better to just make a new free newbie set.

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
we do have some items set aside to be additional freebie sets to go alongside the full release of the junk toho is working on

so, as dismissive as it probably sounds sorry, i'm not worried about touching the pandora set ever again

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #143  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
the full release of the junk toho is working on
Sorry, just nearly spat out my tea.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
lol

i'm yelling at him to get it done before the year is out, because my need for reordering is strong

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote