Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wild Tiger
Default X-Men   #1  
Is anyone here a fan of the X-Men series?

I loved the latest movie, X-Men: First Class.
I think it was the best one BY FAR, really!
Being a huge Hugh Jackman fan, I also liked the others, though. Especially X-Men origins: Wolverine. (If that was the correct title... I'm not too sure)

Anyway, I loved how they portrayed Charles in the movie. I never liked that guy in the original series but they made him really really likeable in this movie. (Same goes for Erik and Mystique!)

Old Posted 06-15-2011, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
XMEN FIRST CLASS WAS AWESOME!
I LURVED THAT MOVIE :D :D :D :D :D!!!
I love how they put wolverine in it too-that made me so happy >W<
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
Haven't seen the newest. I still like the first one the best so far. While I like Wolverine and always have (used to watch the cartoon and could see Patrick Stewart as Xavier coming from a mile away ;), I had a hard time taking Origins seriously. The beginning raid in the tower was filmed at my University so I couldn't help but be amused at the image it made in my head, and the movie was so full of money shot "epic" poses and poster shots that I found it a little funny.

One thing bugged me though, and that was Gambit not having much of an acent. I liked his obvious Cajun accent in the TV series and he didn't have any of that at all. :(. That disappointed me a little.

Rogue's character annoyed me a little too when she's around. I'm still used to the big-haired Bonnie Rait image.
Old Posted 06-16-2011, 01:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
I was really hoping Gambit would get more screen time :(
He is one of my favourite mutants so I was kinda disappointed.

Old Posted 06-16-2011, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Yeah, he was really fun in the series (the old "yellow spandex" one ;)). I wasn't much of a comic person growing up but I liked to watched X-Men with my sister. She was big into the Pheonix Saga and I'm a little bummed with how they did it, but then, it's not something that can be stuck in a two hour movie really well, especially without going into the far reaches of science fiction.

Did anyone else notice how in the new X-men cartoons they seems obsessed with turning wolverine into a cowboy? What, he's from Alberta? Really? Quick! He needs a cowboy hat and boots! Guh.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 06-16-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old Posted 06-16-2011, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Even though Hugh Jackman is Australian :P

I see they're going to make a Deadpool movie too :o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 06-16-2011, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
I have no idea who Deadpool is. I only caught the name from the credits because I recognized the actor.

Wolverine in the comics is Canadian. This was apparently a surprise to some people when it came about in the movie with him living in Alberta. I suppose given that the new cartoons -some of them anyway- were Canadian made they felt a need to play it up. Sigh.

If they were playing up Hugh Jackman's nationality, I would expect the hat to have croc teeth around the crown, because it's an unwritten commandment in North American cartoons that all Australian characters must look like Crocodile Dundee. The gods of producers have spoken!
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 06-17-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old Posted 06-17-2011, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
Who or what is Deadpool?
I must admit that I have never been a fan of comic books so I never read the X-Men comics. XD
I only know the movies. </3

Old Posted 06-17-2011, 06:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Of Avian Variety
Default   #9  
I loved First Class, in my opinion it rivals X-2 as the best X-men film yet. Even though it has some continuity problems, it's still very good. I have to agree with you on how they portrayed Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto in this film, very well done.
Old Posted 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
Yes, I adored Mystique. I never really liked her in the other movies THAT much, but thise movie made all characters seem so much more human.
Not just flat comic book characters.
I like characters with some depth. xP

Old Posted 06-17-2011, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #11  
I both loved and disliked First Class. Mostly cause I'm a looooooooooong time X-nerd, and I knew it would be so non-cannon I would have to just mentally separate myself from it.
Loved:
Cameos!
Fan-food-for-thought!
Six Degrees of Bacon!

Disliked:
Accent scrabble
Cannon-issues
Moira(not the character but how they portrayed her)

As for who is deadpool...oh the esotericness I could go into...but! Deadpool is another Weapon X participant(in both movies and comics) whom is an on-again off-again rival. Also nicknamed the Merc(Mercenary) with a Mouth.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 06-17-2011, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Deadpool is the guy with the fancy swishing bullet deflecting sword action in the raid in the beginning of Wolverine. "Okay, everyone's dead." That guy. I only recognized the actor but can't recall his name at the moment. Ryan Reynolds maybe?
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
Default   #13  
The guy who got turned into weapon 11?

Old Posted 06-18-2011, 06:08 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
yes, Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool/Wade Wilson. Hopefully he'll reprise it a bit better in the Deadpool Origins movie...I accept it'll be AU, but still....
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
I recall Wade being the guy that was turned into Weapon 11 but didn't know that was Ryan. I thought they were different people. Go me. Must have been all the make-up. :p
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
I really enjoyed the first two movies. The third one was terrible to me, Wolverine's was okay, and I haven't seen First Class yet.
Old Posted 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote