Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Little Monster
Default Rebecca Black Friday   #1  
Seen the video?
I know a lot of you probably have, but just in case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Now The video is terrible, lyrics and all, but if you listen to her sing acoustically, her voice isn't half bad.
It's just the lyrics of the song is awful.
I feel bad for her because a lot of people are sending her death threats and everything.
To a 13 year old, how immature. >>

Anyway what are your thoughts on this video?
This is Madness!!
Madness!? This is TRISPHEE!!

No H8
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I don't watch many music videos so I don't want to I'm not sure I should judge content. However she's a pretty girl and has a decent voice.

Death threats... I didn't see anything offensive in that video at all :/ But I don't think death threats should really be sent to anyone >>

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #3  
The entire Ark community is horrible. They auto tune EVERYONE'S vocals because it is a popular thing to do. Their songs are horrible, even by the pop standard. She is okay but she is not WOW... I heard what she sounds without auto tune and she is not a brilliant singer. She will never make it. All the negative publicity for Ark singers will only fad a way and is already fading a way. She will never make it and probably want to eventually forget about it.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

-Pablo Picasso
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Unknown
Now, I've heard her sing without auto-tune as well, and I still don't like her voice.
I give her credit though for trying to make it at such a young age, but I am not a fan.

I feel very badly for all of the negative comments though, because she seems like a really sweet girl.
Buuuut, I don't think singing is for her.

Found this old gem from the Taskal War xD

Please, call me Annie. <3

My saved avatar back before we had items with color and things glitched when you equipped them.... o-o
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...atarglitch.png
Old Posted 06-05-2011, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
The lyrics are pretty bad, but I don't see why lots of people hate her...I mean, her voice is decent, and she sings better than I, and lots of people, could. Give her a chance. If she likes singing, no need to bash her, then.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
I know she definitely isn't the best singer in the world, but a lot of people aren't and I don't see them getting death threats. People are hateful to popular singers just because they don't like their music and that is just ridiculous. I don't like a lot of artists, but I don't hate them. If I don't like someone's music, I don't listen to it. Simple.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #7  
Horrible...the video is just bad. Just everything about it. I feel sorry for rebecca black because she gets paid for a song that was half-heartedly made for her to sing...D:

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
XD so I have said this for a long time. If willow smith can make a song about whipping her fucking hair a girl can sing about friday. my thing is who is that pedo in the video, and why don't they wear seat bealts?
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Little Monster
Default   #9  
Lol, the only guy in the whole video that's over 15. xDD
I'm laughed when I realized that she totally skipped school.

And Willow's song is just fun to dance to, to me. xD
This is Madness!!
Madness!? This is TRISPHEE!!

No H8
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
Honestly, I believe Ark Music Industry or whatever the company's name is, completely ruined her life by writing the lyrics and auto-tuning her voice when in actuality she had somewhat of a decent voice to begin with; it was unnecessary. It's not only Black's fault, she should have looked over the lyrics and should have been honest with them and say that the lyrics did not suit her. I remember hearing in an interview she said she thought the lyrics looked funny, yet she shrugged it off to get a shot of fame and it backfired her....not really. Negative comments brought her fame and the more threats, insults, etc. she gets the more fame will blossom for her. It's downright cruel for people to go to that extreme wishing to kill her and the like; this was a teen searching for stardom and in the unlikely circumstance she gained it, but in the wrong way. I think she should release some acoustic songs to help prove to everyone that she actually has a nice voice...
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Queen
Default   #11  
xD Me and a few guys sing it every Friday at work. It cracks me up.

I am Muff Muff. The Zombie Queen!
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Pretty Soldier
It's so horrible...
I laughed in the beginning, but now I find it pathetic.
It's not her voice exactly...
It's the lyrics and the music they put to it.
Just trash, in my opinion. > A >
Old Posted 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #13  
I do think she is bad and all, but the comments she got were too much. They disabled the comments recently because of that. I think people really could have told her she wasn't good in a more polite way. D:
Old Posted 06-25-2011, 01:53 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
The first time I listened to it I didn't think it was THAT bad. Then I listened to it again and hated it. I decided to ignore it, because hating on something just helps make it famous. Now I just laugh at it.
Known as Kajiko almost everywhere else.
Old Posted 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #15  
I do not like her music....at all. Though I will respect the fact that she is still continuing despite the death threats that she has. Her music still sucks. I mean really bad.
I mean try listening to it everyday because your class wants to hear it. Ugh!
My boyfriend sings it to get on my nerves :/
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I don't hate Rebecca Black personally, but that song kind of made me hate Friday's. It's just the lyrics it's self. I mean- Yes everyone loves Friday, but her lyrics are- C'mon.. "Fun fun fun fun" that's something a small child could write.. I at least expect a 13 year old to maybe have more of a broad vocabulary than "Fun.." and your 13- why are you partying? D: Go play some nintendo!

I think it's just that the way she sings.. Is the exact same as if I plug my nostrils together and sing. Her voice has this awkwardness. At least in the original video. It's just not very- captivating. Her song has no value to it. If anything.. It's completely wrecked Friday's for dozens of highschool students who have to listen to random people sing. "IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY!"

She's probably not a bad person, but she should probably give up writing her songs.. and maybe use a little auto-tune D:
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote