Posty McPostsALot
Exclamation Dungeon Master (RP Challenger, Open and Accepting) [M]   #1  
Warning. This RP is of Mature Content. RP Discretion is Advised

Table of Contents
Introduction
Setting
Application Details
Important Rules
Last edited by Funkduder; 08-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Introduction

The Pit opens as you fall in with four others. 1 second. 2 seconds. 3- and you hit the floor. You couldn't tell if it was three minutes or thirty minutes before you woke up, but you woke up to a definite darkness.

A single blue torch lit up the room leaving darkness in the five halls that exited the room and only dimly lit a sixth, boarded up one.

As you untangle yourself from your 'friends' a figure appears atop of the blue flame, a hologram to put it at best.

"So it is you, who dare to enter my realm and challenge me." She was dressed in dark robes and a cloak which hid any sign of her femininity. "You humans want and want and want, and here it becomes your demise. At least you will be made good entertainment of for my pets. That's all your good for..."

The flame went out and replacing it, blue flames lighted up the top of the room. From the hallway behind you, zombie-like creatures began to crowd you, creating a hoard that outnumbered you ten to one. If you are to act, you must do so now!

Welcome to dungeon masters, ladies and gentlemen. I will be your guide, your game master, Funkduder.
Submit your applications below and I, like wise, will enlighten you of your abilities.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #3  
Setting
You are a human, who is trapped in a dungeon with up to four other companions, and with or without the help of your companions, you must get out. Gameplay will be assorted into rounds and I will act as the Game Master. I control whether your attempts fail or succeed, as to prevent God Mode and the usual shenanigans.

Please note that there will be no magic allowed until a later time. You may learn magic, but you may not start with magic. The time frame is Modernistic, but not Futuristic.
Last edited by Funkduder; 08-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Application Details

You may divide your ten points of talent among these four traits. No trait may have less than one talent point. You may also carry three items of choice on you as you explore the dungeon. Note that although traits on your character are decided by you, this is a test of RPing prowess. Only the most clever and creative can survive.

Strength

Quote:
Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.
- Judges 16:28-30

Strength gives you the ability to overpower foes, physically, to climb and create feats of strength. As in real life, it is improved by physical activity.

Agility

Quote:
Wisely and slow. They stumble that run fast.
- William Shakespeare

Agility gives you the ability to maneuver, quickly. To jump, climb, run, and evade.

Mind

Quote:
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Your mind effects your intelligence, your ability to think, to solve puzzles, and to convince others.

Spirit

Quote:
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
- George S. Paton

Spirit increase your ability to see with the mind's eye, to sense danger, and to eventually become proficient with the fixings of magic.

Application
Submit applications as so...

RP Name:
Bio:
Appearance: (picture or description applicable)
Traits:
Body-
Mind-
Agility-
Spirit-
Quote: (optional)
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #5  
Important Rules:

1) Follow the Trisphee Guidelines (No cybering, God-mode, etc.)
2) Use details. I expect at least 100 words to be used in each post and in creating your application. Be literate. I don't mind grammar or spelling if I understand what you are saying. You will get a warning for your first and second offense of illiteracy before I take you out of the RP. (Sorry, kiddos, but that's how it's gonna roll)
3) Have fun!!
Last edited by Funkduder; 08-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Enter If You Dare...
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #7  
This looks fun... But i can see my character flipping out the first second she spots the zombie like creatures. ><

I'll give it a go anyway.
Maybe I'll end up being the comic relief.

Application
Submit applications as so...

RP Name: Mandy J. Walters
Bio: Mandy had just gotten out of college but not with a degree. Her money had run low so she had no choice but to leave. Oddly enough she was intelligent to do it, but couldn't seem to display that ability which disable her for scholarships. So she decided to take a break and went onto an adventure with a few others she had met at a train station before venturing into her current predicament.
Appearance: A petite woman in her 20's with auburn hair and golden amber eyes. Her height reaches to 5 foot and weighing lightly at 110 pounds she sprints in the high sun that colored her with a olive tan.
Traits: Greatly moody. Tries to behave but often fails at it. A firecracker in a way. Often lost in thought. Angers people with she over analyzes things about them or of stuff.
Body- 1 point here
Mind- 4 points here. You'll always need a brain to find the quickest way out.
Agility- 4 points here. I rather escape then fight if able to.
Spirit- 1 point here
Quote: (optional) - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
You didn't need to pick one of mine quotes; it's something that your character would say. XDD
But whatever, here are your Chosen Abilities/Attributes.

I'll have you note that it's easy to die in this RP, so don't fret if it happens. You can always try again, later.
We are now waiting on 4 more people in order to start round one.

Also note that if we don't get too many people, I'll lower it to 3. Also, I'll make the first post in the rp, so do not post in the main thread.
Last edited by Funkduder; 10-08-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #9  
Oh my mistake xD
i didn't quite understand what it meant when i was filling it out.
sorry ^^;;
Thanks for letting me join.
hope others join soon too.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
I should thank you. I kinda want to get this started asap. The person who's inspired this thread is currently GMing another one like this (except more mature) on another site, so I want to gain some EXP before facing him. He's a sadist, so he'll likely get me killed.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #11  
........... where is everyone?
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 10:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
That's...an excellent question. I think it would be safe to say that if you wanted to try to run the dungeon with me playing an overall DM, then that would be fine by me.
Old Posted 09-10-2011, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
I would love to try something like this!

RP Name: Gina Morretti

Bio: Gina likes to tell people she is what happens to goth girls when they have to grow up. She works a soul-sucking job in an office and HR demands she wear something other than black. "It's an office not a funeral!" Seems to be the party line on this issue.

Appearance: Black combat boots, black dress pants with the hem let out to hide the boots. An emerald green, deep blue, dark purple or crimson blouse. The color of the blouse is typically chosen by mood and/or which shirt doesn't need to be ironed. Her chocolate colored hair is usually swept up in a messy bun because it irritates her when it touches her neck. Gina is tall but not exactly statuesque. If anything she's getting a little flabby.

Traits: I wasn't sure what to put here.

Body- 1
(Gina is not fat, but is starting to get an "office ass")
Mind- 4
(In spite of or because of a mind numbing job Gina keeps her mind sharp.
She likes to play logic and puzzle games on the office computer)
Agility- 1
(See: 'body' notes.)
Spirit- 4
(She has always been fascinated with the supernatural.
In her free time Gina reads Occult books. Of course she isn't deluded
into thinking she has "powers" if she did she wouldn't be stuck in that job! )

Quote: "Spare me." This is usally muttered under her breath
when someone is whining about something. What she ends up saying
loud enough for them to hear is usually more polite.

Items likely in possession: (feel free to tell me no dice)

Gum. A pocketful of bubble gum because she's at least trying to quit smoking
Lighter and Cigarettes. because she isn't trying very hard.
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 06:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
RP Name: Tara Byrne
Bio: Tara moved from Ireland when she was a child, and planned to move back ever since. She is 19, in her second year of college, studying old and/or dead languages, including Gaelic and Latin, as well as agriculture. She plans to take over the family farm from her uncle, who has no children.
Appearance: She has medium length hair, deep red. She has bright green eyes, and is around 5'6". Body type is normal (neither terribly skinny or heavy) She wears long dresses with spandex, which she adopted from her High School and College friends. Although she is mostly Irish, her father's mother was from a different country (Asian, maybe), and Tara inherited her fairly tan skin.
Traits: She loves nature in every way, and treats all living things with respect. Usually very peaceful, she gets upset when people hurt each other, and tries to be a peacemaker. Her brother convinced her, after a few months of convincing, to take a couple martial arts classes, though she didnt get very far. Her "items" include a dark purple crystal leaf, which she keeps with her always, on a bracelet (no powers :P), a packet of grass seeds, and a Latin Dictionary.
Body-1
Mind-3
Agility-4 (loves climbing trees and is very flexible, though not very strong)
Spirit-2
Quote: none
Last edited by Lost_Ninja9213; 10-07-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Posted 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #15  
Lost Ninja. Here is your chosen attributes and abilities:

Wicked. Here are your chosen abilities and attributes.

@Raven
Your stats and abilities have changed with a patch in the RP system. XDD

We now have enough people to do a dungeon run. Please, do not post until the introduction post is posted in the RP Thread.
Old Posted 10-08-2011, 01:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Is it okay to post yet? I'll wait until you get back to me on that.
. .

Old Posted 10-09-2011, 02:49 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
challenging, dungeon master, use details