Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default My students are so smart!   #1  
Monday I gave all 4 of my classes a cumulative review test. So, they were tested on everything they have learned since the beginning of the semester. They all did so well on it! The lowest out of all of them was an 85. I am so proud of them. I will have to think of some way to reward their hard work.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-28-2017, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
:D well done to the students!

And to the teacher for helping them get there, of course. :)
Old Posted 03-28-2017, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #3  
I'm Asian and I failed my Mandarin class lol
Only because my language is not like other Asian languages, I can't get their tone right.
Old Posted 03-28-2017, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Thank you! Teaching the 8th grade is kind of a struggle. They are angsty and they can be jerks. But, I work at a snooty private school where a D on a report card is grounds for expulsion, so these kids are all hard workers and for the most part, they are respectful. Granted, I have a few of them who make me want to walk out and not come back but for the most part, I have good kids as students. I would hate to work at a public school with the disrespectful 8th graders there. Ugh.

I just took a professional day today to to get recertified for my teaching license. I hope this is a good omen.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
Panda, the tones are difficult. I drill the tones in their heads and each day of each week we go over that weeks words to practice tones. When I test their tone usage (which is Fridays), I set up a chair in the hallway and have a clipboard with a page for each student. I take them out in the hall one by one and shut the class door and have them say words to me. I will mark off if they got their tones right on their checklist. :)

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
My language we don't use anything like that. Our language is silence, so we never ever say anything at the end of the word. XD I have trouble with English too, because I keep forgetting to pronounce certain letters at the end of a word.

What, how come it doesn't say I edited my post. O.o
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
There's a small grace period for edits after you post.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Ok, haha I thought maybe you guys fixed it. I was all excited.
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
I dont understand what you mean by that.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

That's great, congratulations!~

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #11  
8th grade reward should be a movie day. They all vote on a movie from your list of movies and at the end of the semester, if everyone passed the class, they can bring blankets and pillows from home and cozy up to a movie. You could supply them with some candy and 2-liter soda/cups. They would be welcome to bring snacks of their own. I always appreciated whenever my teachers did days like that. Days when time just needed passed anyway, when the semesters ended or during the last few days of school. You'd get tired of watching the same movie 4 times, but the beauty of it is that it would give you time during the school day to plan further coursework, so you would probably just tune it out anyway.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Thanks Nyreen. :D

Ginger: Yeah, I was thinking that or something like a pizza party for the later class. I was a bad kid growing up and was required to go to a school for juvinile delinquents and we got pizza parties if we went so long without an incident. Lol.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #13  
Pizza is definitely a plus, you can never go wrong with it. I'm allergic to pepperoni so if that's what you order, I would fail your class lol.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 03:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
You are allergic to pepperoni? That sucks. I love to eat pepperoni from the bag but dont particularly like it on pizza. If I do go with pizza, I'll just order cheese pizza because I have a student who is Jewish and follows Kosher, so they cant have meat with cheese as well as pepperoni.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #15  
In French class, the best treat would be spending the whole day singing!
Granted, singing in mandarin might be a little weird because of the strange balance between saying words correctly and not saying them correctly.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 06:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Thats pretty cool!
It takes some practice to be able to sing in the right tone. They would want me to join and I am so self conscious about how bad my voice is that I wont even sing when I am alone.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 06:41 AM Reply With Quote