Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Coffee   #1  
I love it, but it makes me feel horrible.
I never feel energized, usually the opposite: jittery, shakey, fatigued. It's so weird. :l
Plus, it makes me have to poop...like a lot.

I was told something interesting in my Personality Psych class last semester, though.
Its just a theory but:
People who are introverts tend to handle depressants, like alcohol, better than extroverts. They don't get crazy and loud when they're drunk, and tend to be calm. With stimulants, like coffee, it affects them more harshly than extroverts.
People who are extroverts are the opposite: alcohol makes them more active and excited, while coffee doesn't really have an affect on them.
I think I worded/explained that right.
Does this fit any of you guys? I feel like I fit into that idea (I'm on the border between Introvert and Extrovert, but lean a little more towards Introvert).
Last edited by Pessimisticat; 06-25-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old Posted 06-24-2016, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
I've never drunk coffee, but whenever I eat a lot of chocolate that happens to me too. My heart starts beating really fast and it gets kind of uncomfortable if I really ate too much (a bar at once)...I get sleepy when I eat chocolate somehow also.

I'm an introvert.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potironette View Post
I've never drunk coffee, but whenever I eat a lot of chocolate that happens to me too. My heart starts beating really fast and it gets kind of uncomfortable if I really ate too much (a bar at once)...I get sleepy when I eat chocolate somehow also.

I'm an introvert.
That's so interesting that chocolate does that to you!
I wonder what is in it that bothers you so much...maybe the sugar?
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Probably xD. Since it's chocolate it might be sugar and blood sugar levels causes it or something along those lines.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #5  
That happens to me in general with caffeine, even with my black tea lol XD
There's even some asprin my mom used to give me (Generic brand equate) that holds some caffeine in them D: DX
And when I drink, I usualy turn into "Mom-Friend" and take care of anyone, make them food, carry them to the bathroom, am super friendly and affectionate, so on so forth lol XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quote:
Probably xD. Since it's chocolate it might be sugar and blood sugar levels causes it or something along those lines.
That's what I was thinking.
I get like the same way when I don't eat. :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
That happens to me in general with caffeine, even with my black tea lol XD
There's even some asprin my mom used to give me (Generic brand equate) that holds some caffeine in them D: DX
And when I drink, I usualy turn into "Mom-Friend" and take care of anyone, make them food, carry them to the bathroom, am super friendly and affectionate, so on so forth lol XD
Yeah, you can take pain-killers with caffeine to help with Migraines. :P
I haven't actually tried that yet for my migraines...
Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
Extrovert behind the screen, introvert on the scene ;D
I'm the kinda person that sits in the corner and watches people alot, but I also do want to enjoy the company of people. Alas I cannot stand talking to or dealing with them in general and over a short period of time find myself usually rather annoyed with peoples noisiness.

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I love how you worded that, haha.
You do seem super extro-verty here, but I guess a lot of people are like that. My oldest sister is.
I tend to have a few really close friends, and one super close friend. People annoy the ever-living crap out of me too, so I can only handle them so much. I've just gotten a lot better at talking to strangers, because of my job. Retail requires you to be social ;(
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #9  
Hrm, I guess I'm also kind of extroverted then..?
I really love being around people and watching them, but get drained from actually having to talk to them ><
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:49 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
That it does. Thank goodness I'm finally free of retail work for the time being XD I much prefer retail to fast food guest services though D: I also was mostly able to get over my fear of phones via retail work.

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #11  
Fear of phones? That's interesting because I don't have a phone of my own even though my mom wanted me to have one xD. I also hate having to pick up the home-phone whenever someone calls.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quote:
Hrm, I guess I'm also kind of extroverted then..?
I really love being around people and watching them, but get drained from actually having to talk to them ><
Yeah, being an introvert/extrovert is how you get your energy. So being drained by being around people would make you an introvert, vs an extrovert who would get energized. I love being around my friends, but afterwords I need a day or so to recuperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
That it does. Thank goodness I'm finally free of retail work for the time being XD I much prefer retail to fast food guest services though D: I also was mostly able to get over my fear of phones via retail work.
I refuse to work in the food industry ._. and yes, same! Although, it isn't completely gone but I'm more willing now than before to call people.

Old Posted 06-25-2016, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #13  
Quote:
Fear of phones? That's interesting because I don't have a phone of my own even though my mom wanted me to have one xD. I also hate having to pick up the home-phone whenever someone calls.
More a fear of talking on phones. It started when I was a kid, we still had a coiled cord phone XD
It's so stressful. I can never speak loud enough, people always talk over you, and you can never find a way to get out of a conversation without staring at your phone while it rings or just running away to a different room so you aren't "around" to deal with it >.>
My average phone convo is 1:25 XD
People who actually try to talk to me though drag it out to 17 to 23 minutes .-. I don't agree with that, they've all done it as long as I have known them lol .-. You can only say ok and yeah so many times before just setting the phone down and staring at it .-.

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I used to love talking on the phone to my friends. Could do it for hours. Random people, though? Nope. I hated that for all of those reasons you just listed. xD
I feel like if someone starts replying with "yeah" and "okay" then they obviously don't want to talk and it would be a good time to hang up :P Maybe they just can't take the hint?
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #15  
Oh dear :/
While I don't fear phones, I dislike it partly because I never seem to hear people correctly--their voice just sounds static-y or weird.
I don't speak on the phone enough to experience being stuck on it, but I do listen to people at home having hour long conversations in the kitchen and the bathroom x'D
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I always go to the bathroom when I'm on the phone, LOL.
I mumble, too, so my parents are always like "SPEAK UP" -_-
I also have a friend who always calls me when he's in his car, and I can't hear 99% of what he says for the life of me. He always wants to have those deep-conversations at that time, too.
Old Posted 06-25-2016, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote