Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lynx Rufus
Default RWBY   #1  

RWBY
Pronounced Ruby
It is a new anime Web series coming to Rooster Teeth. About four girls that by the videos as seeming to be fighting some unknown evil. RoosterTeeth is stating that the girls will be teaming up and going to a special school to learn to fight this evil.

It is so far only in teaser stage, the first two videos giving what seems to be back stories on the characters, both are alone and then fight something supernatural.

They are not based off Fairytale characters just take heavy influence from them, in certain aspects.

R (Ruby)

W (Wiess)

B (Black?) Video is set to come on in Late march

Y (Yellow?)

So comments about the teasers? Think that this will be a huge bust or hit? Wish it was a Game?
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
I'll be honest, I like the scenery in the two videos a lot, the music is just simply wonderful, and the rose petals in the wind part of the Ruby video also looked really good and well animated. The problems I have with it are as following: Once they get to the monsters the movement of the characters becomes much more choppy and awkward, it does improve somewhat after she transforms the gun in a sickle though. As for the models themselves... I'll be honest, they look like as if someone made them in MMD (Miku Miku Dance), at least to my eyes. It's especially bad when it comes to Wiess due to her hair being white and the lack of detail on it becomes painfully clear.

The light effects for the attacks were done extremely well though and the animation of the giant knight in the Wiess trailer was also rather good. (by my non-expert standards at least)

I think the storyline and the personalities and subsequent character development within the series of any major and frequently recurring characters will also make an impact. Right now, from what you've mentioned, the whole thing seems rather cliche, but at the end of the day the execution of the story, dialogue and characters can make all the difference, after all, just about every idea has already been done a few times over, it's how it's been executed and played out that made the difference as well as it's cast.

Personally it seems interesting but I'm put off by the animation's quality, or better said, the quality of the models. But, then again, the CGI might improve until it's released and the hair of the characters will look better by then, I hope.
Last edited by Areishia; 03-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old Posted 03-02-2013, 09:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #3  
Love it, my only complaint is that the episodes aren't long enough but that's what you get with a web based series.
Old Posted 08-18-2013, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote