Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Lord of Mushrooms
Unhappy Dead Person Close By   #1  
A couple hour ago I wanted to go for a walk at night because something ticked me to do it and when I went to the intersection which was a couple blocks away and I see was paramedics, officers, a pair of shoes on the street and a body bag that looked like it can fit a toddler in it.

I looked and watched them redirecting traffic and I didn't cry, I wasn't bothered by seeing a dead body a couple blocks from where I live. all I could do/say is "I'm sorry" in japanese and just walked away with no change of expression.

I think why I'm not reacting to it is because it's someone I don't know so it doesn't concern me if I don't know them or am I a sociopath. Or am I so emotionally numb to death since i've seen it on T.V. and personal experience with death.

I don't know cause if it was my normal self I would be all concerned like a mother would but I didn't I just numbed myself out of it like a strong drinky-drink.

I told my friend that I got mad at and he didn't read the text and skipped the whole situation, wasn't even suprised by it...any advice of why that happened

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
You mean mad at yourself for your reaction? All I an say right now is that if it's the first time you've encountered a situation like than then you really shouldn't be chastizing yourself for not acting the way you think you should have, and I highly doubt you're a sociopath for it. If you care enough to be bothered than that should tell you right there. I know people that died, one who was a young baby. I didn't see him after the fact but he was someone I knew by acquiantaince. I didn't do anything about it either, or even say I'm sorry for that matter. I think part of me didn't want to say much because a: it didnt' concern me, and b: I wasn't sure how they would react. Some people may not want people to bombard them with sympathetic wishes and such.

You may also be feeling grief but not completely aware of it. There are more ways to react to death than crying. I cried for my grandfather but not my cousin, and for my old dog but not the child I knew in hospital. That doesn't mean that I didn't care about them or that I'm brushing things off. There's another thread around here about the loss of a pet that might help you out too, just to mention.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 05:54 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #3  
It's not unusual or anything, don't feel bad about yourself. It's a common reaction for a person in an unfamiliar, shocking situation to just shut down and not feel anything. You might feel something later, you might not, so it's nothing to worry about.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Weel I was mad than when I saw waht happened I felt a little bit numbed bu it, I cried when both of my teachers died but not this one

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #5  
Quiet man's right.
We all react differently and rarely how we expect. It's not awful walking past a crime scene and not feeling immediately horrified. You didn't really know what was going on so you had no connection to it. You respectfully said you were sorry for the situation and moved on.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
You aren't sociopathic, Quiet's right in that, because you are bothered; you don't think you reacted right.

You said you went numb, which indicates you were shocked by what you saw. If the body-bag was that small i don't blame you one little bit.

Stop beating yourself up ok, there's no need for that. If you're gonna cry, it will happen in time. But I can offer you hugs to make you feel better.
Where there's a Witch, There's a Way ;)
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #7  
Everyone deals with grief in different ways. And a persons grief is never the same twice. You aren't weird, crazy, or a sociopath. Promise.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Morning Star
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote