Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default Fashion Tips   #1  
So lately ive been coming up with different "tools" for my avis.
And i decided i'd share them with you.
I will add to this as i go along.

1. The "Avril Lavigne" Eyes- This mostly works with the Chu eyes. And then you layer the closed sad eyes on top of them. So it looks like theres eye liner all around the eyes.

2. Line Eyes- Use the two different closed eyes together.

You guys are free to add your own little fashion tips.
she/her they/them
old queer
Last edited by Jessibuns; 05-25-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old Posted 05-25-2014, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
#1 doesn't actually work with all the eyes; I've tried that before and it just doesn't work. Chu Eyes have a higher bottom eyelid, but most if not all of the other eyes are too low to use that trick, unfortunately.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-25-2014, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  
Thanks for clearly that up.
I wasnt sure, as i mostly use the chu eyes anyways
she/her they/them
old queer
Old Posted 05-25-2014, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Did a quick run through; the ones that do work besides Chu are: Cat Eyes (below), Slanted eyes (either below or above, though above looks better), and Emotional Eyes (above or below, though below looks super cynical, haha).
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-25-2014, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #5  
hmm...
I guess when it comes to faces, I always put larger eyes (For shape) at the bottom and layer on top with more decorative eyes (Mascura effects ) and splice layers of eye shadow in between. For example my current eyes are:

outside of that my only other real fashion tip I follow is monochromatic but that is personal preference.
Last edited by Poggio; 05-25-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old Posted 05-25-2014, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I usually do a little with the eyes, but not much.

Monarch Eyes + Caffeine + something else (masque, eye shadow, glow, tattoo) + eyes seems to be okay

I tend to be better at backgrounds, I think, and really that is just getting parts of backgrounds (not filling the full screen, or at least partly transparent), matching colors, and playing around with them.

As for issue...I can't ever seem to get clothing down right... (hint: avatar clothes advice would be great)

(Not sure I have a right to speak as I tend to make crappy avatars...)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 05-26-2014, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #7  
Well what kind of clothing do you want your avatar to wear Law?

I have noticed most of Titanics avatars tend to have the same color scheme, a mix of various coral and contrasting colors. Maybe that can help you pull clothing together?
Old Posted 05-26-2014, 08:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I guess I have 4 themes I keep trying at (and mixing them)
1) Natural/elemental (I seem to be okay here)
2) Techno/Cyber/Steam/Cowboy-Punk *points to Espy's avi*
3) Smexy (I fail here in Avis like I do irl lol)
4) Armor/Space - Some seem able to get it to work. I am not one of them...
__

__

Old Posted 05-26-2014, 10:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #9  
Well two questions, one what color wise do you think when you think of those themes and two what type of items do you have in your inventory?
Old Posted 05-26-2014, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
1) Greens, Browns, Wind/Water/Fire/Earth effects (I am rather good here, I think - I have almost all the "spirit of fire/wind, chanting waters, shattering ground" items)
2) Technologocally, I am sort of stuck with Cyber Reaper, a Skull-face item, cloaks, armor, and bioforce guardian...
3) Smexy...I just really have no clue...the current avi is supposed to be somewhat smexy, but fails... (And items that could help - like Magnificent Fairie are rather difficult to use as I have nothing that fits the color scheme/style)
4) For the Armor, I have Call of Glory, Sovereign Knight, Abyssal Angel, Hunter of the Wicked, Guardian Plate, Corrupt Emissary/Divine Herald, Requiem Knight, Spirit of the Tribe, Darberus, Incognito Dacorum, Haryn's Armor, Heimdall's Guard, Titan of the Realm, Matire Corbeau, Linebreaker, Kitsune, Lunar Guardian, Supernatural Supremacy, and Ira...none of them really work together ;-;

I tend to like neutral colors, or reds and "golds"...though I seem to do best with blues and greens...
__

__

Old Posted 05-26-2014, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #11  
XD I think I will tackle Smexy first since it is your current avatar. Disclaimer this is only my opinion you don't really have to do it or listen. So to me Smexy is a flash of skin, a subtle tease if you know what I mean. So unless you are purposefully going for Whore, sexy is about balance of what looks nice and what attracts. You may want to pay attention to erogenous zones. For me when I make an avatar I try to leave the chest open, the stomach or the thighs. If those parts are not open to exposed flesh then I at least build up the shape so that it is alluring. That being said I think you should think about what you find sexy in the gender avatar base you want. For me that is skin tight or skin... again the idea of a tease.
Now about your current avatar.

One... withering trees are not sexy to me. This may be my lack of love for backgrounds but hay withering trees DB...

Second I think you could use the flair with this item if you wanted to. You would have to just find a way to build up with it or use one of the poses that does not clash with what you currently have. Your avatar has enough pink and gold to balance out the pink and gold in that item. Which brings me to another point. You should stop looking at the items in general as what they are suppose to be but instead as parts. In some cases it is good to layer them when you want to have an theme but sexy is general enough that it can fall into anything. Right now if you are going for Sexy dragon-lioness you are close. The chest area is already emphasized and the belly is nice and exposed. I like your avatars face and hair already too. IT is mostly the over all build up. You could use a lot of things you listed as Armor to help build up and balance out your theme. Sexy is just that broad to work that way. Especially like mixing in the Divine Herald, A lot of these items have little parts that can be built into something better as a whole. I would try not limiting them to their original idea and play around with the way they layer on top of each other. The fun of this is seeing what exposes what. If you find something you like keep it in mind even if it does not work for your current avatar.
so all in all I would remove excess that does not add to the allure of sexy, and think about using poses outside of their design.
Old Posted 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Smexy Dragoness was sort of the idea...I was trying to put more focus on her by giving a slightly contrasting background (Brown against Pink, and Blue against Red)

So...I need to try to create motion, like I do in my "elemental" avis...that focuses on the chest/belly/privates...I can understand that.

*Blushes* I actually don't really understand what I find attractive...what looks fun/unique is what I am attracted to physically... (An appearance category is rather difficult...)
__

__

Old Posted 05-27-2014, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #13  
XD ahaha then don't try to go with a general idea and force the stigma of society sexy on your avatar. Go with what you think is fun and attractive because that in itself will be sexy.
Old Posted 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM Reply With Quote