Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Smile How do people take your words when you post?   #1  
I still have this trouble.

I would say something that would make people dissapointed, mad, or angry at me for something that I wrote.

Most and all of the time I never really hate on anyone, but the way I type really made me a bad person and sometime people think I don't like them or whatever the reason. To make it simple, I'm not the type of person who like to say sweet stuff all the time.

I am the worse person to explain something! It take me like a whole paragaph and still can't get my point across while many can easily explain something only with a sentence.

What about you? Do you have to deal with the same problem on here or any other sites?

Old Posted 03-16-2011, 12:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
People tend to take me really literal. I often hurt people online rather than be helpful. It could be my poor word choices or I could truly be 'a major B.' I'd like for people to let me know how I sound through my words though. I don't always see how I sound and I often don't mean to come off wrong. Many people know that, they just choose to take the offense.

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Last edited by Kit Katy; 03-20-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #3  
Here, I don't know yet, I'm new and aside from luav keiko I've hardly talked to anyone here before ^^ Other places, where I know the people, I tend to be rather blunt and to the point, because they already know me and would know why I go straight to the point. When I'm in new places, I try to be a bit more cautious and explanitory, as I have had a couple bad experiences in the past :x I don't generally mind if someone were to take offense at something I post...as long as they are willing to discuss with me why. I don't mind disagreeing as long as there's still open communication :3
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
It depends on the situation for me. Sometimes I stir up trouble. Sometimes I get into the conversation. Other times I kill the thread, so I don't know what to say. XD
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
See I tend to get carried away while posting, and post stuff I have half mind about. Which causes into trouble.. Luckily people here on trisphee notice it and notifies me. DX
Hopefully that can change in the future...
And I can explain stuff fine, because im typing it. I have a hard time speaking in Real life so this makes up for it xD (it sucks because im a great public speaker, i just get stuck on words with "R's")

Old Posted 03-20-2011, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
As far as I can tell I havent pissed anyone off yet so I guess my typing is alright XD.
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #7  
I can be very harsh irl. I'm quite frank in my words and I talk bluntly.

Online, that problem doesn't seem to occur as much because I have time to think about what i type before I say it.

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Well. in most parts, at the Nan Desu Kan, I'm taken badly, then again, I don't intend to be sarcastic or mean, but due to past people tend to take me as a bad person...seriously, I'm not
(Mayfly) Their vacant smiles disappear
(Mayfly) That moment is my happiest
(Mayfly) they'll never make me cry again
(Mayfly) Small but deadly, ne?
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Dancing in the Rain
Default   #9  
I don't really have any problems with people misunderstanding me. I have seen some people where they post something and it comes off as bad/mean when I don't think they mean it to.
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Børk Børk Børk
I usually have problems with explaining things. Then I have something in my head, but I don't really know how to tell that idea. It can be pretty vague description. On a couple of sites, people respond pretty blunt to that and on other sites they ask me what I mean.
I'm only harsh to people who have been harsh or rude to me in the past.
Old Posted 04-08-2011, 09:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #11  
I feel like a lot can be misconstrued over the internet, cause there's not much you can do to express emotion ..
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Quote:
I feel like a lot can be misconstrued over the internet, cause there's not much you can do to express emotion ..
I don't believe that.

If you can't express emotions through words, Why does literature exist?

The problem comes from people not KNOWING how to properly express themselves. The internet has nothing to do with it.

There are just as many, or even MORE misunderstandings IRL than there is in writing.

Many times I've seen communication falter with spoken words and expressions... with actions that contradict with they mean... yes, when the person write it out... the misunderstanding is cleared.

If there's any misunderstanding in typing, it's no fault of the internet, but rather the listener and the speaker.

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 04-14-2011, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
Default   #13  
I have a very blunt, southern kind of attitude. On top of that, I don't often hold the popular opinion and I swear a lot. All of this carries over to the internet. I almost expect people to misunderstand what I type nowadays. =/ That said, I'm not about to drastically change into some sugarcoating candy ass type of person, but I do use more emotes to illustrate my facial expressions as I type.

What frustrates me the most is nobody gives a damn about being objective. They read what I say, misunderstand it, then let their feelings marinate for a while. Then next time I post they got the nerve to blow up at me like I somehow wronged them. And I'm like, bitch..you don't know what a PM is? You don't know how to ask what's on my mind instead of assuming? Lol! We all have probably done this before, but to have it keep happening/to keep doing it really makes ya wonder.

And just 'cause I swear doesn't mean I'm angry. Jeez. If anything, it means I'm having a good time. o 3o;

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 04-17-2011, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
People usually know when I post most things that I'm joking around and sometimes they are really stupid and it goes over their heads. x3
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Let Me Be Your Supernova~
Default   #15  
I normally come off very blunt and sarcastic when I type...and speak. So I usually offend people a lot without meaning to. :/
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I try to be as plain and clear as I can when I post, but sometime I think it would really help if there was a way to imply tone and emphasis.
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote