Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Conversation Between Boris and Quiet Man Cometh
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to of
    02-21-2018 01:35 AM
    Boris
    Really? Well, who knows. I do wish you luck on your endeavor in finding a reliable maker or brand to refill your ballpoint pen.
    02-21-2018 01:33 AM
    Quiet Man Cometh
    I was using it. I write pretty much everywhere I go. Haven't had a problem except with that one pen.
    02-21-2018 01:31 AM
    Boris
    Oh, did you have the nib pointing up? While it is not recommended to take pens on an airplane, it is advised to have the nib pointing up. I only heard of Zebra and was looking to try them out, and the only other brand I know is Bic.
    02-21-2018 01:29 AM
    Quiet Man Cometh
    The problem will roller pens is the ink is water based. I took one on a plane and the air pressure forced the ink out the nib and it pretty much broke the pen. I know you can refill ball points, but not from a container. I think you buy a pen insert. Would you happen to know any reliable makers or brands? I like Zebra, for my regular stuff.
    02-21-2018 01:23 AM
    Boris
    Oh snap! I did it again! I got roller pens and ballpoint pens confused! Ballpoint pens are alright. They don't write like roller and fountain pens do. Roller ball pens write like fountain pens but don't have the pros of the fountain pen, I believe. Most ballpoint pens I know are all disposable, but I think rollerpens are the refillable ones.
    02-21-2018 01:16 AM
    Quiet Man Cometh
    I'm thinking brands and such in part. I looked up the difference between ball point and rollerball and there is a difference in the nib design and ink base. I go through enough pens that I think it might be worth it to get a refillable ball point. I feel a little bad about all the pens that I throw away, though I discovered now that some places can recycle them.
    02-21-2018 12:18 AM
    Boris
    My knowledge of ball point pens is a little less than my knowledge of fountain pens; although, my knowledge in fountain pens is not much. Ballpoint pens are the pens you would use if you want ink like a fountain pen but not wanting to the drawbacks of fountain pens, I believe.
    02-20-2018 11:25 PM
    Quiet Man Cometh
    Hey Boris! Does your pen knowledge translate over to ballpoints or is it mostly fountain?
All content is copyright © 2010 - 2024 Trisphee.com
FAQ | E-Mail | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules
Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr
Return to top