Thread: Book Cruelty!
View Single Post
isn't that funny
Default   #35  
i feel ashamed to call myself a bibliophile next to you lot, i dog-ear and crease spines and have occasionally kept my pages with things too thick not to hurt it(like cards) i set them down anywhere and loan them out, i all but consume library books in nearly any state, and i love them all, i don't mind if a book has a broken spine or has yellowed, i adore the smell of a 20 year old book with more checkouts than i had oppertunities to say 'check out' i have no preference for either a brand-new stiff paperback and a floppy hardcover from the fifties, each and every book has a personality to me just /because/ of it's wear, i think the only exceptions i make is to tears, those make me want to cry, a tear is like a scar, a missing page is like dismemberment, a lack of cover is like a third degree burn to the face of the book, that makes me sad and i so dislike it and try not to do it myself to the point where i have re-bound books that are broken and refused to read or hold books with sheafs missing, but that is my only reluctance, i just love books too much, like a man who has seen the world and whose body shows it a well loved book /should/ show a little of it's life on the pages

books may not be alive in the traditional sense of the word but a book still has 'life' in it and a lonely life of ginger fingers and almost never being read is a sad one for sure

~edit~ johnny's last paragraph is exactly what i am talking about
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 07-10-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old Posted 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM Reply With Quote