Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Cage
Default   #1121  
I'm not a happy person.
Pretty sure once I bring this issue up again later today, it is going to turn into a huge unnecessary fight because I'm the only rational person in this house who actually says something when something needs to be done. My mother just flips her lid whenever I bring up an argument, and refuses to be of any help ( because she has all the info for our ISP and will not give it to me so that I can call while the problem is going on. She keeps saying "well they wont do anything if they check and the internet is on. And it's on during the day". I'm sitting here thinking "It's off while I'M up, why not let ME call them?" but that pisses her off. WHENEVER I want to do something myself, it pisses her off. I cannot understand for the life of me. )
She expected me to know exactly what her reason was for not calling them yesterday, when she didn't tell me anything, and instead, just got pissed at me because I didn't know. Literally told me "I shouldn't have to explain it to you"; HOW? HOW CAN I KNOW, WHEN PEOPLE DON'T TELL ME? -___-
I don't know how this is a step in the right direction at all.
Oh and her reason? The house is messy.
Computer room is my dad's jurisdiction. Just make him clean it up. That's where the modem and the router are. That's all they need to see. And it's not like it's hard; there's just boxes and junk computers everywhere.
Idk what the big deal is. This isn't like it went off for two minutes and I threw a fit; it has been doing this for TWO WEEKS, every single night, and if I want to actually get somewhere with my goddamn life, I can't have unreliable connection since my ONLY talent is being an artist.
I'm sorry if this is an insult to anyone before I say it ( although this is just an issue with my mother. Nobody else. )
It is just stereotypical woman behavior of hers that pisses me off. "I am a woman, all you men should read my mind and if you don't, well you're shit out of luck and I'm going to yell at you until you guess it right" <<< that kind of crap.
I cannot stand it.
Makes my blood boil.

+deep breath; regains composure+
Sorry about all that.
e___e

Oh wonderful. Dogs got out.
+goes to put them back to bed+
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream

xD nah, there's always storms in my country, choc

and lurkers?? *hides*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #1123  
o___o; breathe dude, just breathe
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Been holding it in for a long time, kind of needed to come out somewhere. =__=
Sorry.
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #1125  

Well, that's not nice of your mom at all. And she IS the stereotyped woman expecting everything to go right when she goes on a fit about lots of things.
My mom knows that ever since I was 16, I was the one fixing our internet issues and thus gave me all authority over it when I call in our ISP for assistance. (sometimes, I won't even, I fix it even without calling)

I admit, as a girl myself, I would tend to do that too, expect some people to just read my mind when in fact I drive others crazy. Which is why I stop doing that and use my sarcasm to send my message through >.>;;

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:07 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
choco has no excuse and just likes to be a dick XD
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Begin Program
Default   #1127  
Our internet has been spotty ever since we moved into the new place, in about February. What happened is that they oversold the area- putting more people on the lines than they could handle. Their fix was temporary, but they can do things to and for your connection from their end without even having to send someone out. Usually the internet will become unstable during peak hours- so perhaps you are getting a large quantity of people in your area who are using the internet the same time as you.

But that one idea aside- your mother is mostly wrong. They can fix a problem even if it is not going on. They feel more pressured to do so if and when it is in effect, true. But unless she's already called before during this instance and it has resulted in no help, they should be able to look over your connectivity logs and see dropoffs, lag spikes, disconnections and errors. There's no reason other than whatever personal mental thing she has going on to keep her from doing what is necessary.My mother is like that as well- tends to put things off so she can fee like she's in control.
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:09 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
sorry guys i am going to sleep, i only got a couple hours yesterday and not even restful
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #1129  
Duce: It's the temperature; we've already known this for years. It's why we get spotty service especially in the winter. It's been in the lower 50s during the night recently ( more specifically around two weeks. e___e ) so it is most likely the wire on the pole. Ever since Ike waaayyy back when held together when it got here and knocked a tree on the wires, nobody has really fixed it. In fact, it's probably a hazard, but we live in a part of town nobody cares about. Kind of the reality of things. OTL

The problem is, paired with that, she will not admit defeat on anything. Even when she knows she has to. She'll just get mad. And usually will take it out on my dad ( though if I happen to be the one who brought up the subject, it's all directed at me )
What I do not get, though
is her attitude toward me doing anything myself.
There are times where she gets all pissed off about me not getting a regular job like everyone else ( though it's rare; she is not one of those "get your ass out of my house" mothers ) but then when I say "okay, then take me so I can get applications" she tells me to stop having an attitude.
... WHAT? I mean.. OTL
Every time I say "I'll go get a job" she jumps on my face like screeching vampire. It's like.. Okay, I'm fine not getting one because I'm not motivated for much of anything ( hence shut-in ) but all the more reason for you to SUPPORT me in those things, right? Not jumping on me like a banshee.
It's the same when I try to do things myself in this house. I've long since hit the age of a legal adult, yet I am not allowed to hear about money, about the bills, and if I ask, I get my head bitten off. ( Usually I only ask if it'll be a "tight week" just to know what's ahead )
It's like I'm not supposed to be a part of the family. I've already been ejected out of the extended family for reasons beyond anyone's control, and now I don't even feel like a part of this small three-person establishment that is supposed to be a family. My greatest and saddest solution to everything that's happened is to literally try to make my existence as small to them as possible. Because if I open my mouth, it leads to terrible things that exhaust me. I've tried talking to them about this before but it's like in one ear and out the other. Just goes back to how it always is. The only thing that makes me feel better is telling myself it's my fault and that it'll go away if I just apologize.

I'm going to stop before I end up airing out my entire closet here. I didn't even mean to type that much, lol. +usually tries to keep his problems to himself+

Dx Sorry for treating this like a lifestyles/issues thread.
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Begin Program
Dude, if it's the lines, the power company/phone company is totally responsible for fixing them and keeping them up to code. If the lines are loose, sagging, torn, frayed, exposed when they aren't supposed to be, moving in low winds, etc, then they are required to come out and fix them asap. Within a few days of being notified in most cases. D:

That aside, your mom sounds like the opposite of my dad. My mom never said much of anything- very much the quiet thing when anything important, emotionally traumatizing, or annoying came up. Always silent while dad hollered. And oh how he did. Hell, I'm afraid of getting in trouble for shit now. The kind of shit adults aren't supposed to be afraid of. Like, talking out of turn. Or saying the word "Screw" or "screwed up". He used to yell at me because I didn't have a job. Because I was draining on the family. Because I wasn't good enough at anything to amount to anything. because I wasn't keeping HIS house clean, and making HIS life easier. When I just barely turned nineteen, he yelled at me in the middle of the livingroom for an hour straight, demanding that I go out and get a job or go to college for SOMETHING, ANYTHING for the money. For the money<-- Because he required it. And tears started running silently down my face while I stood erect and at attention; and he yelled at me for that too.XP

I hope shit starts sortin' out for you my other Me, 'cause not getting to use the internet would make me want to tear off my ears. *Has to go, coincidentally didn't sleep more than two hours last night and is passing out all over everything like a narcoleptic.*
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #1131  
+was going to write some stuff here+
But I decided against it. Instead, I'm going to apologize because I made my mother out to be a horrible person. She's not, and all of this is probably my fault. I always realize it after I bitch about it. xD;;
Pretty terrible, huh? I make people out to be terrible when it's really not their fault but mine, lol

I might lurk for just a while. xD;

Also, seeya Duce ^^
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream

what did I miss?
D: I'm gunna have to read back again

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #1133  
I've already realized my mistake so my problem is no longer necessary to talk about. xD;

How're you?
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream

oh, okies xD
Other than my body hurting and my head throbbing, pretty much okay. xD

and chu?

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #1135  
Lol I'd just take some meds for that.
If it gets too much, though, maybe you should rest a bit.
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream

I've rested enough and I don't take meds, unless I really need them xD;

and why're you on lurker mode? :| *pokes the red dot*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-22-2012, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
asamey, honey_hyjin_archaickitten, littl3chocobo_poggio, moonless_meizicht_toxxic, pacho-shii