Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #81  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
I can understand that, however, normally there are /other/ poses that are also rainbow, /this/ time it just seems out of place. It wasn't anything about /us/ wanting a certain color, it was /us/ wondering why a random colored dragon was in an item with nothing else rainbow... Imho it seems like you ran out of pose colors or time and needed something to fill it up.
Doing rainbow takes more time than just throwing any old color on. But only a pose or two having the extras isn't anything new, either. Especially for rainbow poses. You can find the same thing on Tundra Troll, Jellyfisher, Solukino, Medical Medley, and others. Unless the item is made from the start to come in rainbow, it is extremely rare for the entire set to be made rainbow. If we had run out of time and needed filler, it wouldn't have been this.

That being said, old DIs reappearing in new colors is not out of the question for the future.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Doing rainbow takes more time than just throwing any old color on. But only a pose or two having the extras isn't anything new, either. Especially for rainbow poses. You can find the same thing on Tundra Troll, Jellyfisher, Solukino, Medical Medley, and others. Unless the item is made from the start to come in rainbow, it is extremely rare for the entire set to be made rainbow. If we had run out of time and needed filler, it wouldn't have been this.

That being said, old DIs reappearing in new colors is not out of the question for the future.

It is unneeded considering /nothing/ else in that DI is rainbow, we can understand the want/need for rainbows... but for pete sake have something else that is in the item so it doesn't seem like a filler episode of pokemon. (Yeah, I went there.) As for adding new colors to old items, how about dealing with the items that where released in 2010 before thinking about adding weird and wonderful colors that match no other items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #83  
I'm not sure what you mean about the old items that needs to be dealt with.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Newer colors like berry can't be found on older items like the Desert nomad. So say you have this wonderful avatar using some of the newer added colors, and you needed to use one of the older ones like the woodland archer for it's finishing touch... you can't use the woodland because it goes with absolutely none of the newer colors.

See the problem?
Quote:

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #85  
I do, but old DIs won't just have new colors added to them. New colors are being worked into what we already have. Old colors aren't being removed, so there will always be some items that match old ones color wise. It might be more difficult as our pixelist's abilities evolve and the quality of our items change over time, as this change gets reflected more in some colors than others.

Redoing old pixels to a better quality is not out of the question for the future, either, but is by no means something that'll be guaranteed.

If one is really set on using an older item with items that come in new colors, then creating an avatar around that will be its own challenge.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Well, there are certain older items with poses that could have more detail added now that there are more/better ways to pixel things. For example, the Woodland Archer is a great item, but in comparison with a lot of other/never items, it seems terribly bland. Maybe some trim or accent colors added in could give it some extra pop.

There's also the whole of recolors. There are still a lot of commons that haven't had the new colors added to their palate. There are a lot of older Blue items that haven't had the lightest icy color added to them. A couple of the older hair items even have eyebrows attached to them.

Yes, I know it's a lot of files to redo, but revamping some of the older items to update the art style and making the new color palates apply to them would make the site seem more professional and together.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #87  
Adding in the new colors is a project we intend to dive into. So far, however, we've been limited by too few hands to actually do so. I can't guarantee that all of the commons will be updated in this way, but the vast majority of them will, it'll just take time.

As far as improving old items goes, if we do decide to do this, we will be starting with the oldest first, them moving on to newer ones as needed. But as I said, it's not guaranteed that we will.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Wha? When did I ever suggest having colors removed? I suggested that you should have implemented the new colors into older items before adding them to newer ones.

Gall, are you a politician?
Quote:

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #89  
LOL, no, I didn't mean it to come out that what. What I meant was, it's not like those colors have been removed, so there will be more items that use them and can be matched with older items. As nice as it would have been to add them to older ones first, it does take more work, and while that has always been part of the plan (for commons at least), we haven't had the manpower to do it.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I can understand people wanting the rainbow theme but lots of people more prefer to mix and match items to be creative and unique in their own ways. I have seen many creative rainbow avatars that make use of just commons.

And I am very old fashioned, when I think of a dragon, any kind of dragon, I don't picture any being rainbowed... expect maybe Barney being hit by someone's bedazzler.. (and I know he isn't a dragon but I don't know of any annoying dragons I would want to fate to fall upon). If your going to give any animal a rainbow hue, than I would suggest it being an unicorn.. and please don't say the dragon fell into a nuclear waste vat and that why he is rainbowed..

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #91  
If we really wanted to get specific about things like that, it's not a dragon at all, it's a wyvern, and a wyvern of tris myth at that, not traditional earth, so the rules aren't the same. Even if they were, we don't make every color specifically fitting the exact lore of every creature we decide to make, or else it would be boring and everything would come in brown and black and white.

BUT SINCE WE'RE NOT GETTING INTO THAT, lol nuclear waste did it, lololol.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Wyverns are basically 'dragons' so I can call it McDragon if I choose to and still be right. XD (I can see us taking this debate to PMs, Gal but I looked up Wyvern and the def. I found is 'winged, two footed dragon')

Oh yes... next we will being having three eyed squirrels and other nuclear waste victims? When shall we expect the first glow in the dark, radioactive pet to appear, hm? I don't want to know what other victims are down in your lab still, Gal.
Old Posted 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #93  
Next month, stop peeking at our schedule.

The definition I like best actually has it as a hybrid creature, with the head of a dragon, which could easily classify it as a type of dragon in a lot of circles. But I am addicted to hybrid creatures and don't do that because it's rude and racist.

Anyway. Yes. Monthlies. Awesome.

Old Posted 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Well, I thought the montlies this month were pretty good. I'm not a fan of mecha and things, so I didn't care for that rune monthly, and while I am a Taurus the other rune didn't really spark anything of interest for me, but I did like the au monthly. Anything with aquatic scenery makes me happy, and the dragon, while different, was cute as well. ; 3 ;
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
What a Doll: Pixel Shop
The [Honey] Comb: Hangout
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #95  
Bio-FOrce Guardian is a total badass item! Boy if I only had some runes with me I'm gonna complete the set. :)
Delayed Student. Still fighting. Mecha Enthusiast.
Old Posted 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Gall, are you a politician?
I'd vote for her xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench