Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #33  
I'm so behind!!!

I mean, it's still doable. I hit 18000 words today. But My lack of planning is starting to catch up to me!

The fact that my characters don't really know what they're doing doesn't help, haha.
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
The characters don't know what they're doing, or you're not sure what you're characters would be doing? ;)

Have an issue you need hashing out? Maybe we can help.
Old Posted 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #35  
They don't know what they're doing, and I don't really know how to point them in the right direction XD

The plot of my story is that magic was sealed away in their world and the five elementals that controlled the magic are calling out to them in their dreams, but they'd been sealed so long they only vaguely exist in legend, so the characters don't really know what's actually going on or what it is they're supposed to be doing.

I'm starting to kind of beat the story into shape but that's after taking a day to write a gratuitous sex scene between minor characters just because I wanted to XD
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. That does pose a problem, doesn't it? You need that "call to action" thing (re: Joseph Campbell/Christopher Voguler) to get the heroes on the movie. Could always have then accidentally step on the first one, by which I mean encounter it somehow and then realize that's what was calling out to them. That could get them started.
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
God Biscuit!
Default   #37  
This year was my first participating (or trying to) in Nanowrimo. I started out with one plot, changed it completely, wrote a little bit and then stopped. I don't think I was as mentally planned for this as I originally thought, but I'm determined to finish it next year no matter what.
Is no place safe?
Old Posted 11-22-2012, 04:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Splendiferous Apotheosized Demon Clown
Me and my mother attempted NaNo last year, but, I never managed to get anything done, really. I got, like, maybe 150 words? Probably less than that actually. I don't know how much my mother got, and I also don't know if she's planning on attempting it again this year, but, I know I'm not. I don't have the attention spam for that...which probably means I won't be able to cut it if I ever try and actually be a professional writer. *Le sigh*

Maybe I'll just stick with the making a manga idea? After all, some of the ideas I have would probably do better as either a manga, an anime, or a video game.
Why be sane when being crazy is so much more fun?

♪ I'm a little S.A.D. Clown, crazy as can be!
Won't you commit some shenanigans with me? ♪

♪ I find it kinda funny,
I find it kinda sad.
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had. ♪

My Pokemon

My Brother's

Old Posted 11-23-2012, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #39  
I just got my work schedule and I have Friday off, so... if I have to power through 15k on the last day again, I can! Hopefully it won't come to that. I'm just shy of 30k right now.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I usually try to do NaNo, but this year I was sure that I wouldn't have the time. Maybe next year I won't be in quite so many classes and I'll be able to participate. Or maybe I should just make plans for when I'm finally done with this degree.

Let Us All Unite Autotune remix by Melodysheep
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
I've gotten absolutely nowhere when it comes to my November plans. That is hardly surprising. My work ethic with writing is not good.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
I wrote 3k today to hit 30k. I think I can actually do this!
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #43  
Yay!

So your characters are no longer wayward in their purpose?
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
You're already doing better than I've ever managed, Lestrade. Good luck!

Old Posted 11-27-2012, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #45  
They're slightly less wayward. And I had the big reveal about the MC come about when I did not expect it, so... that was fun.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
In case anyone's curious, I did make it and "won" NaNo, but oh is the final product bad! Way worse than my 2010 novel, which at least had an ending, and not me summarizing a lot, skipping to the end, and then skipping the climax in favor of writing an epilogue...
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
I was curious, but I haven't been down in this end of the forums much. The point of nano is to write something isn't it? Fixing it is what second drafts are for, and third drafts, and fourth drafts...
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 03:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Quiet is absolutely right, Lestrade. NaNo is all about getting it on paper, quality can (and more often than not has to) come later. Congratulations on getting through it! :D

Old Posted 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM Reply With Quote