Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #17  
None of my art shops have lasted ten post beyond my set up post.
My gaia/ernya shop, my style was not anime, not cgi, not popular.
Here I pretty much surf the request threads. I am starting to think there isn't enough user activity on this site to warrant having a shop.
Old Posted 08-29-2011, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
My problem with mine is that it doesn't look good enough to sell them, I'm doing art for common items in my quest

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 08-30-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #19  
my shops only thrive when they are popular, meaning i'll go days or weeks with no work then get like 8 or 10 at one time
Old Posted 08-30-2011, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I love opening art shops. ^^; I love thread sets as well so when I open one I have to make it super flashy. lol

I try to keep all my art shops but if I don't, I let people know it's a temp art shop. So far I think my new art shop on here is doing good. -nods-

*Click on the image to go to my art shop!*
Old Posted 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
Default   #21  
I love opening art shops specially with avis that I adore.

The only problem ist hat I am more motivated to draw avatars than my own stuff (like original characters and things like that)
I think the reason is becaue I am giving art to people and I make them happy.

The only problem is that I am terribly slow. I always think I have ltos of time during the sumer but then summer break ends to quickly and I have to go to school or something happens and I leave teh country etc etc.
So I thoguht I would finish all my commissions by now but i didn't and school already started so it sucks D:<
BUT I WILL STILL DO THEM
I am just slow. People have been nice about waiting patiently for them and always enjoy the outcome, but still I feel bad for makign them wait so long. School just kills me D:<

Also don't chicken out when it comes to art!
You actually get a lot of practice doing art commissions. Compared to when I first openend and art shop on gaia, I improved so much and ALL I did was commissions, I learned photoshop from doing commissions. If I show you what my first art looked like...oh boy..it was SO different lol XD
Old Posted 09-01-2011, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
ooh pleace show us! :D -jumps up and down excitedly-
Old Posted 09-02-2011, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #23  
haha, unlike prince i improved nothing, my first three years of commisions were in a totally different form^^: i only recently went back to my original style and my original hand hahahaha
Old Posted 09-02-2011, 09:36 AM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
well it actually takes years to find a style you actually like and stick with it. Mine continually changed until now-but I might change it again you never know :O

@ Jurinjo-what? My old art shop to see my old art compared to my new? Or my new art shop? (which is a temp so there are no art banners or anything cool XD just like one pic XD)
Old Posted 09-04-2011, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #25  
Mine is so different that I can't explain what type/style it is

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Its good to try to be consistent with your artwork otherwise you might get some people that dislike you for not having the same kind of art they wanted from before. Art threads die out alot, but if your good enough your art will speak for its self. Ones art can bring in people even when the thread is dead.
Old Posted 05-16-2012, 11:01 AM Reply With Quote  
r e s p i r a
Default   #27  
I've had a few flop shops on Gaia, one was swamped with orders and I only got two done and some others I just didn't start. Sometimes I told myself I'd do them when I got better but that obviously didn't happen, haha.

I'm pretty good at keeping up with my Solia shop though, get lots of orders and I actually get them done.

Old Posted 05-16-2012, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
The One and Only
I'm super timid about creating art shops anywhere
I feel like my art is definitely not up to par and there's a lot I can't draw x_x;
Old Posted 05-28-2012, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #29  
I'm the same way and I could never figure out why...I opened an art shop on another site about three times, got orders and then either did one and freaked out or did one part and freaked out. x.x; I feel awful about it because it has nothing to do with the people and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I do however like art shops, I like the idea and I love to look at other people's art shops! :D I have no problem ordering something, I just have a problem doing it for someone else.

It doesn't overly surprise me, because as artist's we all have an insecurity, whether it's minor or overbearing. I feel like I'm no where near good enough to do art for people and I think that's what holds me back. Even though the last time I opened an art shop I had all slots filled and even people on a waiting list...I did the first one and just...couldn't bring myself to do it >.<
Last edited by Cheshiresneer; 05-28-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old Posted 05-28-2012, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote