Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post

Prepaid phones get away with it because prepaid minutes are ridiculously expensive compared to a standard phone contract -- they sell the phones at a discount because they know they'll make up for it by selling phone minutes.
Elaborate on this please?
I am actually mildly confused since most people I know with phone plans pay $50 or more per month, whereas I pay only $45 per month...
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoGizmooX View Post
We need to start a go fund Derpy type deal and maybe raise some $$$$ :/
Derpy waddles around the thread with a small bucket and a sign that reads "Momma needs a new phone pwease!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
It is, I am looking at getting an iPhone 7 for my birthday, and it is going to be around $550…. which is insane.
Yeah, I pretty desperately need a new phone. Not like, my phone's absolutely fucked, but...the battery can be dead in an hour. I was also looking at a 7, and a 7S for my mom. My dad wants me to get at least an 8, though.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-12-2017, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Ick those are super expensive and huge. I mean I want an 8 just to have 'newer' but really I dont NEED an 8. Hell I could probably have my 5s for another year or so really, but I know if i keep it at this point it is just going to become even less valuable.
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #37  
Before the current phone, I had an iPhone 5, and where they get ya with that is the cords and accessories. now, everyone in my household has a Samsung device, so we can borrow cords if need be.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
iPhones are stupidly overpriced for what you can do with them, especially with how each revision seems to be going downhill... There's a reason I stick with Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Elaborate on this please?
I am actually mildly confused since most people I know with phone plans pay $50 or more per month, whereas I pay only $45 per month...
Your plan also isn't as good as theirs. Their plans have unlimited minutes. Yours doesn't, unless I misunderstand what you're getting. If you go over on your minutes, you're gonna pay lots. And if you don't use all your minutes, then you're not using up bandwidth on the cellular network which saves the carrier money. It's a win-win for them. Same goes for data caps. (Of course, the normal non-prepaid plans are even more win for the carrier when customers don't use a lot of bandwidth, but having an unlimited plan is an encouragement for users to use more.)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #39  
My mom and I share 2GB of data (not calls) per month. It's...actually enough, surprisingly. We used to get by with just a single GB, but that was nervewracking during months where I had to travel.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-13-2017, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Oh ok. Funny enough I have a Baymax case and something tells me he's protecting my phone from breaking. XD Good robot.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #41  
I have unlimited text, talk and data (Only the first 6GB are high speed then they slow it down, but I don't usually go through that much since I only download stuff on wifi) and I only pay 40$ a month so I dunno what kind of phone plans you have where you're at Toho, but they suck.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
I have unlimited text, talk and data (Only the first 4GB are high speed then they slow it down, but I don't usually go through that much since I only download stuff on wifi) and I only pay 40$ a month so I dunno what kind of phone plans you have where you're at Toho, but they suck.

This is my plan too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #43  
I went back and edited because mine actually comes with 6GB data, not 4 :D

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 12-13-2017, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Now that I think about it I'm not sure how much my plan has of the 4g part I just know it lowers etc and unlimited other stuff and I (internet-hotspot off phone for my tablet) so much that I use the fast data up half way through the month or faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #45  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
iPhones are stupidly overpriced for what you can do with them, especially with how each revision seems to be going downhill... There's a reason I stick with Android.

Your plan also isn't as good as theirs. Their plans have unlimited minutes. Yours doesn't, unless I misunderstand what you're getting. If you go over on your minutes, you're gonna pay lots. And if you don't use all your minutes, then you're not using up bandwidth on the cellular network which saves the carrier money. It's a win-win for them. Same goes for data caps. (Of course, the normal non-prepaid plans are even more win for the carrier when customers don't use a lot of bandwidth, but having an unlimited plan is an encouragement for users to use more.)
I do have unlimited text and talk. And also technically unlimited data....but a limit on the high-speed data. Once the data cap hits, I can't watch videos anymore without wifi, but I can still access the internet.
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
The pay as you go monthly plans actually have ended up being a better deal for me than prepaid minutes or contracted plans.

Old Posted 12-13-2017, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #47  
with data, since I mainly stay home, and thus am on wifi pretty much 24/7... I really don't use all that much. It's only when I travel that I really start to use any data at all, and even then, if I have a wifi signal, I'll use that instead of data, so most of the data usage is Mom's doing. I think we have like... 10 gigs between the two of us? *shrug*
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've got four lines with unlimited talk/text, unlimited music/video streaming, something like 20GB of data per line per month, and I can share the data with my laptop, and it's $120 total.

EDIT: Me, my wife, my father-in-law, and my mother-in-law.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote