Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #17  
I wouldn't mind an online one. Those are great for giving people stuff they REALLY want anonymously. They had a similar thing on a site called Magistream. You would get gifted eggs under a tree that was on your page. You didn't know what you got until Christmas Day, when you opened your boxes. It was pretty fun.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 06:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I don't know about what the actual staff might have planned, but I do plan on having both rl and online versions. I definitely can't do anything as fancy as Magistream's (though it does sound pretty awesome!), but it should be pretty fun still.

Hopefully. I have a lot of planning to do to get it all prepared.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #19  
I think for the Christmas season (if the admins/owners can do it) make it so there's an option to send people things without the trade function. So essentially gifting. But also make it anonymous and unable to open until Christmas. Also does this site have an Advent Calander planned while we were on the same vein?
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Based on last year's event, I'm gonna guess no on the Advent Calendar. But gifting would be a really nice feature (even without the time restriction option), and I think might be a feature that it possibly being worked on. I don't always keep up with the features being added, but I feel like gifting has been discussed and requested a few times.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #21  
I wouldn't think it'd be an all the time feature, just something to be used for the Holiday :)
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Last year Trisphee had a secret Santa we signed up on a list Glitch paired us up and we sent avi stuff to her and she sent them out and then we can reveal names after IF WE WANTED TO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #23  
Crystalkit: I actually think a year round gifting option would be great. For sure.

Gizzie: Oh, I totally forgot about that! I mean, if a staff member wants to do an online Secret Santa again, I totally am okay with them handling that one. XD
Less for me to manage that way...
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
While I think a real life version could be fun, I'm at the same time unsure if I would actually participate. Not so much because I worry about my address (I do have a post box for such reason), but because shipping costs tend to be insane here. Online makes for a good alternative, especially if staff releases a gifting function ^^
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #25  
Yeah online version is safer and cheaper XD. I will hopefully be sending stuff to friends I know that I've met online and talked to for a while, but since I'm usually low on funds I'll be happy with online stuff lol.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:15 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
We can mail Christmas cards they should not be that much to mail even far away o. O or at least I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 01:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #27  
Trisphee doesn't celebrate Chritmassss but rather just celebrates winter with the Festival of Frost etc. etc. which is why I would suppose there isn't an advent calendar. I mean granted, I don't know what i'm talking about but that is what I've assumed is the case ouo

Old Posted 11-18-2017, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
too much christmas makes me extremely uncomfortable

gifts are cool tho

Old Posted 11-18-2017, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #29  
Yes yes, we've already made it very clear that not everyone is comfortable with dharing addresses and also that THERE WILL be an online one as well.
At this point, I'm really more curious to know if there are even enough people interested in an rl one to make it worth my time to bother setting it up.

(Sorry, I realize this sounds pissy. I'm just tired.)

Oh, and also, if a lot of people are hesitant because of shipping costs, I could add or downgrade gift exchange to card swap or something.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-18-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
It is more like money is tight and I am lazy. I am online gift things in minutes to get things there before a date means I have to plan, buy, and ship days in advance.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 09:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #31  
cards is cool because we can personalize them a ton ^^
also I still don't know who's my last year super charitable santa T^T
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I feel like I'm slowly losing my will to run this. It started off as a cool idea and now is just "well, gotta change x, gotta repeat y a ton, gotta change x again" and it's losing it's fun. XP
(Yes, I'm sure this sounds whiny. Again, very tired.)

Mdom, Gizzie, and others interested in card swap: Would you prefer to just be assigned one person or just have like a free-for-all where you get a full list and kust do however many you want?
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-19-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote