Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
I don't think I'd even heard of those games outside of Tris. If we had them, I assume I didn't care enough or was too busy with Mother Goose and Warcraft 2.
Old Posted 12-19-2015, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Solid gold, easy action
My first console was a PS2, so I grew up on games from that generation. My all time favourites that stick out are Jak & Daxter (the first one, I didn't really rate the others); Spyro; Crash Bandicoot; Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; GTA San Andreas (okay not very child friendly, but even to this day it's my all time favourite game); The Simpsons Hit & Run; and also The Futurama game. I had loads of others, but those are definitely my most played. Bust A Move was also a really good game, but only really if you had someone else to play along with you.

Of course, there was also the sims games. Although I had them for the console, I always play them on PC. I'm still addicted to them now tbh.
Old Posted 12-20-2015, 09:20 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #35  
My step sister and I had a bust-a-move-a-thon. We decided to keep going long enough to see if the score can go past 100. It can. I think the score was 123 - 89 or so when we decided to turn the game off.
Old Posted 12-21-2015, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Solid gold, easy action
I mainly played with my auntie, so I was just obsessed with beating her haha. I always used to play with Pinky because instead of colours she would fire over the rainbow balls to your opponent and they were the most difficult to get rid of.
Old Posted 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #37  
Hmmm...childhood games. Many of the ones which made an impression on me were from the SNES like Pocky and Rocky, Final Fantasy VI, Breath of Fire 2, Chrono Trigger, Cacoma Knight in Bizyland, and harvest moon.

I also played a lot of random games in Japanese without really getting what was going on.
Old Posted 12-24-2015, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I wasn't exactly a CHILD when I played Secret of Mana, but if I had to pick a single most influential game in my life, that would be the one. It was due to Secret of Mana that I got involved in online communities in the first place.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-25-2015, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Default   #39  
Mario and LoZ OOT and Majoras Mask when it came out
Old Posted 12-30-2015, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Never really played video games on console; but I was always watching my brother play. All. the. time. The best memories of watching him play were from Spyro 3, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, all the Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy series, Sly Cooper...so many X.X
But our fave still remains the Kindom Hearts series. I played that one. I finished KH2 but never finished the first.
The games I did play on console were race games (mostly Sonic games and Mario Kart) and combat games (Tekken & DoA/ soul calibur but that was more in my teens)

I'm more of a PC person. My childhood was the Sims. And Roller Coaster Tycoon. That sort of thing.
I also played a lot of GBA, mostly pokemon emerald, saphire and ruby. and all the Sonic advance. And of course, all the Hamtaro games xD (I still play those on my GBA emulator tbh)
Old Posted 01-03-2016, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #41  
So I remember a lot of games. I grew up at the dawn of the house hold console and then the beginnings of the console wars. I also remember various pc games my school had loaded on to the computers.

Computer Games:
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Surprisingly enough not San Diego. The game was hard to navigate as a kid and just when I would finally get past the beginning it was time to switch and do something else. Nothing of course saved.

Millies Mathhouse:
It had a cow and math. Idk what else to say about this.

Snakes and Laters:
My aunt had a game package which included this. Another game and the game where the snow man eats you.

Organ Trail:
A journey to the manifest destiny has never been so perilous and educational.

Sim City, and Sim city 2000.
Before you could control humans and spores. There were cities. Zoning laws, taxes, building schools... which i never played correctly. I was all about loading as many natural disasters as possible to kill my make believer tax payers.

Ninteno games:
Breakout:
You hit blocks.

Punch Out:
You hit people.

Zelda:
You kill chickens. Rescue seven princesses. Name your self lord of poops. Cry because your cartage erased itself. Good times.

Sega:
Sonic:
Wow throwing up because of motion sickness was never so fulfilling.

Playstation games:
Hoyboy there is a long list for this one. It is actually the first system we bought with desk and the one that could play CDs XD.

Legend Of the Dragoon.

Grand Turismo

Grand Theft Auto. The first one was actually rather fun to play and horrible at the same time. Oh the pixel cars.

Jet Set Moto: Water Jet Ski Racing.

N2O: I remember this game particularly because the sound track was done by crystal method. You basically went in a vortex and killed various bugs. Another brightly colored acid trip which produced motion sickness in me after hours of playing.

Crash and Crash racing.
Spyro: Ugh this game made me sick literally. I never finished it. ... so many games in the 90s seem to have given me motion sickness.

Silent Hill:
The first M rated game I ever attempted to buy, was denied and then borrowed it. Never finished it.

When Arcades used to be around:

Killer Instinct:
Man I loved this game. It was a basic two player fighting game but I loved the designs.

Primal Rage:
Another two player killing game.

Tekken/King of Fighters:
Haha blocky peeps kicking more blocky peeps.

Crusin: A racing sim game, with the actual joystick.
DDR: Hell yes. Before they brought it home.

Carnevil: It was a game I watched people play.
Crazy Taxi: Haha.
Last edited by Poggio; 01-03-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old Posted 01-03-2016, 03:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
You gotta explain to me how Spyro gave you motion sickness o.o
Old Posted 01-03-2016, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #43  
Easy, following behind the brightly colored dragon in his techno colored world as the world jerked from left to right each time you flew anywhere to accomplish things. After the second or third time I had to do one of those flying ring levels. I quit playing that game.

example different game same reasons though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFks5C4nos
Last edited by Poggio; 01-03-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old Posted 01-03-2016, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
I played so many great games growing up! We always had a great desktop computer at home, so most of my games were played on PC. In year 6 my teacher gave me his son's PS1 with all the games, so I played a couple of great games on there as well.

PC:
Sims, Sims 2. I used to spend hours sitting and watching my older sister create houses and play the sims. After she got sick of it/if she wasn't there I would play my own game, but I don't think I ever enjoyed it more (when I was young) than watching her. Now I hate watching other people play any game aha, I just want to have a go.
*Sims 2 soundtrack is one of the best ever in my opinion, such nostalgia when I hear it - hours and hours worth of hearing the music from it*

Need For Speed Underground 2: So many hours logged on this game. Also has a fantastic soundtrack!!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: Had so many cheats for this game, loved flying around :P

Age of Empires 2: Another favourite. But then again they were all my favourites!

The Hobbit: One of, if not the first proper action/adventure game I played! I think I actually finished this game, unlike a lot of the others on this list.

Rollercoaster Tycoon: What a classic. Who didn't love launching people off the end of the rollercoaster into the next park?

Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego - the 1995/96 version, such a fantastic game!! Used to play with my Mum, or sometimes by myself.

Gizmos and Gadgets: 100% one of the best games I played! I used to play it all the time at Primary School, took it home once and it didn't work. Had to buy myself a copy.

Windows 3.1/95 Games

Chip's Challenge: What a fantastic game! I would always play this at my Auntie's house whenever I slept over. Such a blast from the past. I think I still have pages with all the level passwords written down :P

Castle of the Winds - Very very old game, but a LOT of fun! I still play it now and enjoy it!

Solitaire: Just a classic. The cards were great in the Windows 3.1 version.

Pipe Dream: Another game that took up a whole lot of my time.

Ski Free: I never legitimately finished this game, I always got eaten :(

Rodent's Revenge: Such a simple game, still fun!

PS1:

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3. Nuff said.
Old Posted 01-15-2016, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #45  
Oh man, Castle of the Winds. I played the MESS out of that game.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2016, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Oh man, Castle of the Winds. I played the MESS out of that game.
You obviously have good taste! :P
Old Posted 01-15-2016, 07:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #47  
Childhood games? :3
Well, Pokemon for starters. Played those all day, all night.
Then there was Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak. I love that game to bits, it's a shame not enough people seem to have watched Hamtaro at all. Those little hamsters are adorable, haha!~
Finally, Digimon Dawn and Dusk. I ended up loving Digimon more than Pokemon...
Old Posted 01-17-2016, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Ooo, I watched Hamtaro as a kid, but never saw that game before. What kind of game was it?

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 01-17-2016, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote