Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #225  
As long as I still spend money here on this site, I would hope it does not shut down on me.

It might be slow but this place never lost it's heart, it's core. This is why I continue donating.
Old Posted 12-10-2014, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I checked the shops in Tentacl and they like...didn't put in anything new since before I even left, which was just a month or two into beta. That's pretty pathetic.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-11-2014, 04:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #227  
I raged on their announcement of the website shutting down. If you're familiar with Warm Teets, that would be me. xD
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-11-2014, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Wait
what
that was you?!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-11-2014, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #229  
Yes. xD

I was a regular in Lulu and Fluffdaddy's threads, more specifically Grrrl Talk
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-12-2014, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Huh. Interesting. Wonder if you might have noticed me, but under a different name that I rarely ever use.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-12-2014, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #231  
Man so many sites are dead or shutting dovvn or just never vvent up lately it's sad.
Old Posted 12-12-2014, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
but a lot of new websites are opening too! look it up you guys! D:
though it really is depressing that some of them are shutting down ; n ;
Old Posted 12-12-2014, 07:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #233  
I don't feel like finding new websites anymore, they can't give me what I need, which some established ones can't either.
Old Posted 12-14-2014, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the internet is maturing. (Maturing here meaning stagnation, not "becoming more mature.")

Though new sites and all are still being made, no attempt (no matter how innovative) will have the positive or negative response that the older attempts had. Also, the support will be/is lacking, as the majority of internet users are either too busy, too tired of change/failure, or lack the connection to make support possible.

Similar to several things in Art, Technology, Science, Music, Sports, and Writing. There may be a better writer than Tolkein out there...starving because everyone bought Twilight, English required reading, and LotR instead.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #235  
I disagree that the Internet is stagnating. I think it's moving on, and things that were once popular are falling out of fashion as interest grows in other places.

New sites ARE being made, and being successful -- just not avatar sites, because avatar customization really doesn't have the draw it used to have.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-15-2014, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
One of the sites I play is getting less and less donations, though I think its because the artist for the site keeps making girly, frilly items even for the male avatars. Their excuse is that male themed items are not popular because there are mostly only girls on the site, so they want cute items. I say BS to that because guys are getting turned off from there NOT being more male items on the site. And with a lot of the girly items coming out they are all starting to look the same because its been done so much. I'm not even sure if I'm going to donate to them this Christmas or not because I was one of several people demanding more male items, and they still refuse to make them. :/

Old Posted 12-20-2014, 09:31 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #237  
AHAHAHAHA that statement of theirs is bullshit [pardon my language]

I -am- female, born female, but I have alvvays ALVVAYS preferred more 'masculine' things in real life. Sure cute is fine from time to time but doing it constantly gets really boring. Ignoring their male users isn't a fair vvay to run things at all. Reminds me of a site I've been on before, mind pming me the name of this one to see if it's the same one?
Old Posted 12-20-2014, 10:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I like gothic/fantasy based items.

That's about it...and WINGS! I NEED ALL THE WINGS! -twitch-

I don't know for sure what website you're talking about, but Idk
Old Posted 12-20-2014, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #239  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
New sites ARE being made, and being successful -- just not avatar sites, because avatar customization really doesn't have the draw it used to have.
What sites? Also, do they have the same lifespan that avatar sites, or other earlier sites enjoyed?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 12-20-2014, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
@Yoku
Oh yes! Gothic themed is awesome! XD Being being able to miss it up when you want is also good. XD And is it okay if I call you Yoku?

@Maro
Sent you that PM, but yeah, I'm not sure how much longer that site is going to last to be completely honest, there's a meter thing in the hangout thread the artist runs and the meter has not been anywhere near what they need to keep the site up for almost a year now.

Old Posted 12-20-2014, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote