Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Woo, Graduated High School
Default One Word   #1  
I didn't see a thread around for this, but I generally when I find my way to the writers nook of a forum I try and find one.

oneword.com is a fun little daily prompt side for those of you who aren't on there. It's not too serious, you get 60 seconds every day with a new prompt to write out a quick little piece and then submit it. :] I think it's amazing for keeping your creative juices flowing.

So I figure we could have a little collection of short stories here, and maybe they'll spark a huge story for you. The pieces of course aren't meant for serious critique but I think it'd be fun to put together a little random prose. (or if you want to link to your user account on there that's fine too).

The prompt they had today was; base

" There's a low thrum that's pumping through her body, or at least that's what I think is happening. She's drumming her fingers in rhythm to music that no one else will ever hear, and probably shouldn't be (or they would be making memories with little blue pills). She kicks her legs over the edge of the square she's occupying, high up in the sky, and as I leave, I imagine yanking her only sturdy base from under her. It is not fair. "

Is what I got churned out. :3 What can you think up? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
HARLOTBBY IS SUCCUBUSTY!
==
" ilikechampagne.tumblr.com "
==
Harlie has a closet now! x

-Claims Hels-
;P
Last edited by Helsinki Harlot; 09-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 06:13 AM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
That is amazing you got so much written in just one minute. I could not produce so many words as you did. How long have you been going to that site? How many of those words have you done?

Here is mine:

The base was not going on as well today. She had fogotten to use primer to smooth out the fine lines. She refused to call them wrinkles. That would never happen to her. But she looked like her mother. The trace of eyebrows, the curve of lips. And mother had wrinkles.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 11:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #3  
This website is really cool ^^ I just tried it myself, it's a shame that they don't let you just keep going with different words. :3 Buy still pretty cool~
I came up with:
"It wasn’t like there was anything for her there at the base anymore. Six years, and she still felt nothing. Part of her felt as if she was using the program for her education. But she didn’t know if she even wanted the education anymore. What difference did it make? She’d shot them. For what? For nothing, she shot all of those innocent people for an education. Was it worth it? She wasn’t sure, then again she wasn’t sure of anything anymore."
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
I've been on that site for a few years now. :3 -checks her info- On 20 prompts that I've actually published there.

And for text length; What I learned is just type it out. Don't worry about spelling or grammar or anything like that. I type damn fast so I can usually get a lot of words down on a page. And then when it gives you that "okay finish your last sentence" just go back in and fix the typoes and a comma where you need to. :3

Also, I like what you wrote. I especially like the two lines with the mother in them.

Muse; Yeah, it's a day to day thing. You can I think hit a button and go back to see what other prompts were, they won't let you publish them but you could just put a time on and post 'em here. :3

Also; your little blurb, would make a great short story/pathos essay type thing. Especially since I have a friend right now who's going into the military because it'll pay for college when he gets back.

Quote:
HARLOTBBY IS SUCCUBUSTY!
==
==

-Claims Hels-
;P
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Default   #5  
I love that site, I haven't been on it for a while though. I think I'll go back to it though...When I used to do it though, I hadn't signed up. The last time I did was in 2009...

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 04:53 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I think that would drive me nuts. I think a lot before I write, or I tend to. I do get stuff that happens out of nowhere but I think the clock would stick in my head.
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
I wasn't signed up at first either but I'd written so many prompts and missed so many things that I'd written that I finally just caved and got myself an account.

Cometh; I had trouble with that part of it first. I'd pull it up, hit start, and freeze up for the first 30 seconds of it, so I just took a few seconds and re-loaded the page. It takes awhile, at least it did for me to be able to just start writing. I'll say it has helped me write better essays, 'cause that's the part that I always had the hardest time with. Just starting something.

Quote:
HARLOTBBY IS SUCCUBUSTY!
==
==

-Claims Hels-
;P
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Yeah, I had only written about 9 times. I had planned on making an account, but ended up forgetting about it. Finally did though, so I'm gonna keep it up...

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 05-19-2012, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
I don't have that much of an issues with essays since I generally follow a forumula when I write, and leave the intro until last. Often I write out of order in terms of plot or story, and line everything up after when I'm done with it, to fill in the gaps.
Old Posted 05-20-2012, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Okay, here's mine.

Word of the Day = "Quest"

To quest! There's some little guy somewhere with a sword and a shield, holding both above his head as he charges forward with no particular direction in mind. He probably starts out at a tavern somewhwere. Not sure which one. Maybe something called the Smoking Dragon. Perhaps that, or perhaps something else that would be entirely different, and serving plates of nuts and fruit, and some other unidentifiable mystery meat, that would be mystery meat if we were even sure that it was meat.

I took a few moments here to even out the plethora of spelling errors that I didn't bother correcting. I ended up going over the time limit too I'm pretty sure, since I wasn't sure what method the comp would use to let me know time was up. (Apparently it tells you at the bottom of the screen). It might work out to be fair anyway since I rewrote the start several times over because not being able to type the sentence legibly for three or four tries.
Old Posted 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #11  
Hm....

I'm going to fan-itize it...

"Ichigo searched, his quest neverending, always rolling along. father wanted him to bring the Jewel of Friensay home, which would give him power over any he chose. Ichigo knew that Isshin was evil at heart, but he couldn't help it, his fathers overly domineering presence made sure of that."

How was that? Good writer, ne?
Last edited by Shreelei; 05-26-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old Posted 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Retrieve:

I wanted to retrieve my bag, but I could not remember where I placed it. Did I leave it on the bus? Was it at that bathroom in the city? Was it on that pick up truck now heading south? Could it be that I had never had it at all? A sudden existential gust of wind ruffled the hair on my arms and I began to doubt. Nothing in particular, but everything. Was I really here, was dinner going to be at 5, did the cat really meow this morning?

I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #13  
Good God, that is difficult for me. I put WAY too much thought into word choice. I had to start over four times (going in a completely different direction each time) before I could even manage a single sentence in the 60 seconds.

Here's what I ended up with. >_>

ARCHITECTURE

Quote:
With aspiring fingers, the emperor’s garden stretched pillars of streaming marble toward some sympathetic heaven high above, its reach impeded by the vast, vaulted roof overhead, the various friezes and frescoes a study in both the opulence and magnificence of the empire’s golden reign, a symbol of triumphant ambition.
<_<
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-29-2012, 07:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
You notice that mine is more me thinking about what I could write as apposed to an actual story? I have the same snag. I take so long ot craft a paragraph so I mostly skipped decoration and when with a stream of consciousness thing. Fun sometimes. :)
Old Posted 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Default   #15  
Haha I got the word hassle, and managed to write something that at least made some sense. Here it is if you would like to read.

My daily routine had become more of a hassle than it had been for the longest period of time. It use to be a simple grouping of things that I would do on a day to day basis, but not I’m swamped with these annoying things in my schedule that must get done. No matter what though I try to ignore the pressures, and go about getting each task knocked out of the way one by one.
Old Posted 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
"Hassle"

Hassles are hassily. Did I just make a new word? I hope so. Might make this endevour worth a little more time when the time I'm taking to write it could be used for slightly more productive things, but I'm sure I can argue it in some fashion so it looks like there was no time more better spent than playing with a word I don't want to deal with.

Well, here's my rendition of it. And here I thought it would be a different word. Time zones I guess.
Old Posted 06-01-2012, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote