Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #33  
It started with a low rumble, hardly enough to turn any heads. The sound didn’t follow clouds, sour weather, or even a single breath of wind. A crack of thunder rattled windows. Despite the lack of storm clouds, a third crack of deafening thunder brought with it a bright flash. The light didn’t blink out as it sudden arrival should have dictated. Instead, it exploded into points of brilliant light that fell through the air slowly, more dust than rain. The light shifted and shimmered, catching every bit of reflective light possible, a thousand colors shone over the pair who had been called.

No sooner had Askr settled into his new form that he ran a hand back through his hair, the movement sending more glittering specks down to the floor, and heaved a sigh. "Gods, what an awful ride."

Embla twisted her new skirt straight, the last specks of light dancing down to the floor. “I don’t know,” she turned her attention to her other half, “I thought it was thrilling.”

"Eh, yes, but, my darling Fallow-tail, you thought the same of mounting that boar."

“Must you constantly look so sourly upon our adventures, my Light?”

"That was no adventure. That was an overfed beast getting all the plumper on my cabbages and breaking all of my traps."

“We must make every misadventure positive, by viewing it as an adventure.”

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
The impatient tap of heels against the floor and a critical eye awaited The Fisher King once his change in appearance had finally completed. To think that this was her perfect Servant. Laughable. But Lucienne could still feel his power, his potential. This war would be a true struggle, but it would be theirs to win. "That's... something of an improvement. Are you going to be bleeding like that constantly?"

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #35  
Unperturbed by the rain of light, the Executor studies his Servant, or Servants, as has proven to be the case.

"I take it, then," he intones in a neutral voice, "That the two of you, together, comprise my Archer-class Servant." He begins to pace around the pair, making a rhomboid shape as he passes around the chamber's pillars. "You must be aware by now, that I am atypical for a master, being unable to work magic of any kind."

He gestures to the cloth-shrouded shape of the Titulus upon the low altar nearby. "This artifact is your anchor to this plane, and must be protected at all costs, even above my own life. As such, one of you will remain here to guard it at all times, while the other will engage the enemy in the field. As you do not require me to support you, I will be operating independently to destroy the enemy masters. I leave the details of this strategy to the two of you, to work out between yourselves. If all goes to plan, we should scarcely see each other. Is this acceptable?"
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
"So long as the Holy Grail remains stained by the sins of the Prodigal King, I shall never be healed. For there are none worthy. Do you comprehend this? None. You may have your wish, whatever it may be, I permit this -- no further ill done in the Grail's name can make any difference now-- but when you are through, my Master, I will take the Cup of Christ, and none shall ever touch it again. Not until all the world is redeemed. If I had a wish, it would be thus, but I am not the savior who was promised. I am merely one fit to carry all the world's evil. I weep to think what cost true salvation will carry, if ever it comes."

Suddenly, Pelles is brandishing the Spear, poised halfway between Lucienne and the sky. His bloody gaze affixes her. "I swear this, by the blood of God upon this Spear: I will destroy the unworthy who stand as our enemies. I have mourned the death of my soul for far too long. This coming dawn shall see a sun of utter wrath rise for your maiméd king. Nothing on Earth will stop me."
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #37  
Erik, without the least bit of trepidation, was fond of this servant. But more than that, he was... confused. He only blinked when he was hugged so suddenly, so fiercely, and watched as the older man proceeded to walk right into the door. "My name is Erik," he remarked, crouching down where he was on the opposite side of the summoning circle. His gaze was stuck on Saber's face. "We have to clean up after ourselves before we go anywhere."

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Eh? You intend us to wage war apart from one another?”

She crossed her arms over her chest and glanced to the man who was suggesting such an offensive thing, “I must have misheard.”

With a short bark of a laugh, Askr took the single step he needed to wrap his arm around Embla's waist. "You must have, my beloved. Surely our Master isn't so foolish, or so bold, as to order us apart."
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #39  
“Astute as ever, Sancho!” Saber cried as he sprang to his feet once more, the vile machinations of the door already slipping from his mind, “Cleanliness is next to Godliness after all! At least, I think it was… No matter, let us tidy this space!”

The Mad Knight took in the room with wizened, yet strangely soft eyes and finally focussed on the bed, seemingly missing the large summoning circle he’d materialized in. He gallantly strode toward it and heaved the everything but the mattress itself into his arms.

The mountain of linens with iron legs turned toward Erik and asked in a muffled voice, “Which way is the washbin?”
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Something in Heinrich's face twitches. His eyes narrow on the pair.

"Was there an alternative strategy suggested there, or was I correct in hearing nothing but facile petulance? This is a war, not some lovers' retreat."

What were the Church fathers thinking in providing him such an obstinate Servant? Surely they could have contrived one more suited to his methods...

"Let us try once more. I will first introduce myself. I am Father Heinrich Antonius Rosenbach, Grand Executor of the Holy Church and its representative in this Grail War. You will find me frightfully short on patience. While I may seem a poor choice of Master, with my inability to work magic, I am possibly the greatest human warrior alive in this age, having killed countless mages and otherworldly creatures, and the Church has seen fit to arm me with an arsenal of holy weapons for my task in this city. As such, the best strategy available to us, in my estimation, is one in which the two of you act as support to myself, drawing the attention of enemy Servants while I work to assassinate their Masters. We possess a terrible vulnerability in the form of the True Cross relic that binds you to this world. I cannot risk damaging it by carrying it into battle, thus it must be protected. Comparatively, we have an advantage in that, for whatever reason, there are two of you functioning in the role of Archer, and should therefore employ that asset to its fullest. What possible objection do you have to this?"
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 07:08 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #41  
Luci, for all that she appreciated the capabilities of her summoned servant, was hardly moved by his proclamation. "Mousse!" The call had the dog's head shoot up from its nest of blankets. "Start cleaning up that mess, and no eating it." There was a pause while Mousse untangled itself, hopped down onto the floor, and trotted back to the front room. Luci herself turned away from Pelles to inspect the damage to her hair in the mirror across from the bed. "So long as I have my wish, mon cochon, I don't care whether you keep it for yourself or destroy it entirely. Let your wrath out on whomever you see fit. It's no concern of mine." And if her familiar went ahead and licked up a dark, congealed glob sliding its way down the wall, she was none the wiser.

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
"Erik," he replied, pushing himself up onto his feet. "Through the doorway there. Without the door." He raised an arm to point, but hesitated when he saw the bright red mark on his hand, exactly where the bruise had been. It wasn't a gecko, or a rabbit, or any sort of animal he knew. It looked more like... a flower, laid atop something much more angular. Or maybe it was just shapes.

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #43  
It wasn’t a completely awful plan. He made sense, their new Priest. As valid as his point was, he was incorrect. “With as much respect as I feel I can muster currently, it would be unwise to split us, despite how much you long for a protector for the cross.”

"My Fallow-tail, this age must truly have battles of the weak. I certainly cannot blame him for thinking as he does."

She clicked her tongue, taking care that the sound be nothing but pity, “Of course, my Light. How callous of me.”

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
“Why do you keep saying that, Sancho?” the walking bedspread asked. Then all the blankets, pillows, and sheets tumbled to the floor as Don Quixote slammed his fist into his palm, a look of revelation spreading across his face.

“Why, that’s simply brilliant!” the Mad Knight cackled his valiantly senile laugh again, “Aliases! I’m not sure exactly why, but I am to be addressed as ‘Saber,’ yes? But to give yourself a code name as well, what a stroke of genius Sanch-”

The mad knight slapped a gauntlet to his mouth, catching himself and stifling a giggle at the same time.

“I mean Erik,” he corrected with an exaggerated wink before scooping the linens back up and clanking his armored boots toward the door.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
To a human eye, to any mortal gaze, the motion would have been invisible, an impossible distortion of space in which a single man existed in two places simultaneously. But to the unfettered eyes of a Servant...

Heinrich explodes into motion, lunging left toward the nearest pillar his entire body an instrument of destruction. He does not use the concussive ripples technique, favored by his brethren for its ability to multiply the impact of a blow -- rather, with raw inhuman strength, the Executor shatters the ancient stone with a single monstrous blow, sending an explosion of rubble hurtling outward. In the same fraction of a second, he returns to where he was previously standing.

"Now then," he continues, dusting off his glove, "As you can see, while the other humans of this era may indeed be weak..."

He resumes his pacing. "So be it, though. I see you will not be swayed, and I am not about to waste a command seal this early. Do what you will for the time being, we are forbidden by Ruler's Command Seal from taking action until the morrow, regardless."
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
The Fisher King releases the Spear, feeling his point has been made. His regard remains fixed on his Master's back.

"That being the case," he drones, "How would you prefer to wage this war? As Lancer, my talents are best spent on the open battlefield, but I defer matters of strategy to you, my mistress. I remain ignorant as to the nature of your magics."
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #47  
He was glad it wasn't any sort of animal after all. Erik wasn't sure that he wanted to be attached to an animal. He blinked and looked toward Saber, to find the servant was already off in the other room. He was sure to raise his voice so he would be heard. "We're not staying here. I just paid for the night. Last night. Not this night. We have to clean up and go find the house."

Old Posted 01-11-2016, 09:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Smoke and the smell of gunpowder… cannonfire... Annie?

Names pass through the lips of man, spoken and set free like effervescent bubbles on the tide. This name spoken in blood jolted a soul out of its disembodied slumber. The sweet taste of fermented blood brought it to life.

A thin wisp of translucent smoke slithered from the center of the summoning circle. Slowly, it gathered bringing with it the hickory smell of burning wood and the distant sound of a sizzle…

She reached out, searching the fray for her true treasure.

A loud bang bellowed from the core of the summoning circle spraying exhausted gunpowder and metal into the air. Withit came and large plume of gray smoke and ash, churning the smell of burning wood into the cannon fire. Among the metal debris stood the poor eviscerated body. Cloth and tissue clung to a hallowed ribcage leading down to a spine where the only remains of human were in its leg muscles. A wind picked up, pushing the wind around the skeletal remains of the former pirate. The metal soon inverted spinning wildly towards the center of the circle. Each flake of cannon fodder reconstructing into first tan skin, black locks, right down to the sun peeled flecks on the rounded nose.

Jaundiced hued eyes, clouded over by a thick gloss of white stared at the heavens. Her first words in centuries taking the form of only a primal scream. A name.

“ANNNNNNNNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” she bellowed, until globs of congealed rum and seawater pooled over the corners of her lips. Her plea became a mixture of incoherent bubbles and spit.

Frantically she turned her head, watching her crew fight off the dregs of land lovers that threatened to blow them apart. Betwixt the smoke she saw the blonde off the starboard side of the vessel.

Mary whipped her head towards the only living body in the room. The body heed the commands of the mind. Ambling like a newly risen calf, she slugged her way towards her master. Once she reached her master, she completely engulfed him in the smell of gunpowder and charred remains. Mary wrapped her arms around her Annie, clumsily fondling through the golden tresses, leaving a nuzzled trail of alcoholic goop.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote