Desolation Denizen
Default NeoEschaton OOC   #1  
He spake: and to confirm his words, out-flew
millions of flaming swords, drawn from the thighs
of mighty Cherubim; the sudden blaze
far round illumin'd Hell: highly they rag'd
against the Highest, and fierce with grasped arms
clash'd on their sounding shields the din of war,
hurling defiance toward the vault of Heav'n....

Mission statement from the old thread

Links to important information

Character profile template

It has been thirty-three years since the end of the world. God is dead, the Dragon lies broken and bleeding in the wastes of North America, Rome is an annihilated husk of the once-holy city, and the False Prophet rules an empire of slaves in the dominion of New Jerusalem. Armies of Saints war with the terrors of Hell, who now freely roam the world, as the dead crawl from shallow graves to make unholy pilgrimage to the Mountain of Sinai, where the Angel of Death musters a host that shall one day claim every life in every world. Insane Seraphim roam the fractured skies, shrieking hymns of madness and despair, while horrifying Nephilim awake from an ages' slumber to once more defile the earth. And yet, for all the terror and carnage that has become the norm of life, in this world where every stream flows with poison and the night falls ever starless, humanity endures. Priests and holy men fight side-by-side with cybernetic soldiers and psychic mercenaries while a nuclear satellite watches over all, promising utter destruction should the enemies of mankind ever prove victorious. Armageddon was lost long ago, but it was merely a single battle in the internecine spiritual war of extinction that is the Eschaton.

Welcome to the fight.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
PLAYER CHARACTERS

Suze

Espy

Salone

Arikana

Galla

Quiet

Lawtan

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #3  
And we are open for business. Would like get maybe two more people playing if possible to round out the group.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
It has been so long since I navigated to other threads that I forgot how to for a bit. Tsk tsk.

Will write up a character shortly.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 10:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #5  
Exxxxxcellent. Looking forward to it, sir.

Also, not sure if my guy is too powerful or not. He's really good at killing things, but mostly in limited engagements, he has no real options if he gets swarmed. Can't heal himself either, so if something manages to get through his various defenses, he's in trouble. Balanced enough, I think.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, and this thread's official theme song just because: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0dUKMXwF7o There is no help in Heaven INDEED!

And I think we should totally somehow cross the Atlantic this time. We could have a whole adventure inside Satan's corpse!
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-30-2013, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
Oh, and this thread's official theme song just because: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0dUKMXwF7o There is no help in Heaven INDEED!

And I think we should totally somehow cross the Atlantic this time. We could have a whole adventure inside Satan's corpse!
Sounds...appetizing. Now to write.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, and I should probably describe the immediate setting for anyone new who joins.

The group is currently in Thyat'ria, Anatolia, one of the Seven Churches of the Apocalypse that were visited by Christ and bestowed divine artifacts to see them through the end times. Except, in the interim, it's gone from being a church to being a massive sprawling fortress housing over a hundred thousand refugees. It has it's own private military force equipped with highly advanced weaponry and has repelled numerous attacks by demons, the undead, the Sons of Megiddo, and more. It's the mightiest bastion of humanity left in this area of the world, home to entire brigade of AA troops, one of the largest Artificer headquarters this side of the Atlantic, and it's own air base with a sizable contingent of high-tech fighters.

The city is ruled by Zaccheus the Celestrine who was given the Iron Scepter of Lordship and has used it to militarize his church to this extent. It basically lets him command his troops as if he was playing a real-time strategy game, down to micromanaging individual squads and units simultaneously. He's a benevolent ruler and is the head of the human supremacy movement, willing to do whatever it takes to survive against these monsters. His people have developed some truly horrifying weapons to battle supernatural threats with, and he's one of the few individuals in the world with access to the launch codes for the Aether satellite, putting the capacity of dozens upon dozens of H-bombs in his hands, if he should ever feel the need.

Due to the extreme fortifications, it's generally a safe place to live and the people there have relatively normal lives, if you can count drilling for demonic assaults twice a week as normal. Even with weapons readily available and abundant, crime is at a minimum since any disturbance is met with an immediate response by Zaccheus' super-soldiers and offenders are forcibly entered into his augmentation experiments.

Underneath the city is an entire labyrinth of spiritually-deadlocked bunkers, laced with psychic agony wards, EMP landmines, thermobaric mines, entire networks of neurolinked autocannon turrents controlled by a psychic warmaster, and god only knows what else. The bottom line is, it's a safe haven for any human, but don't cause trouble. Just... don't. These guys do NOT mess around when it comes to protecting their flock.

One interesting thing to note is that the Saints in fact have no presence in Thyat'ria, as it's generally acknowledged that Zaccheus doesn't need their help, not to mention their somewhat... honorbound approach to warfare tends to clash with his merciless campaigns of destruction against anything nonhuman.

Also, it should be noted that the city is absolutely COVERED in sensors that will detect anything of infernal or undead origin, which generally provokes a serious armed response. Zaccheus deploys both psychics and theurges as sentries all over the city, constantly scanning the ether and the Amorpha network for signs of attack, making it literally impossible to catch them off-guard. There's even theurgic wards set to detonate with city-block-leveling consecrated concussions if anything should try to teleport into the city from out of range.

All of this, of course, means you can get pretty much any kind of equipment you can think of, though stuff like powered armor and anything cyber-theurgic is going to require some contacts higher up the ladder.

And that just gave me the idea of cyborg-theurges who have had their organs replaced with theurgic-powered mechanics and electronics, would probably be almost impossible to kill with any kind of physical attack since their soul would be literally capable of reconstituting the body instantly. They probably have eye lasers too, because why wouldn't they?

...I think I'm going to turn off my imagination for now. I hope that was semi-informative for someone.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, YES, such, extreme measures are necessary. Thyat'ria is pretty damned close to the Infernal Sea, and we haven't even seen demons yet in this game, but they are Not. Fun. to be around. Fallen angels aren't too bad, they're at least fairly straightforward in how they try to murder you, but actual demons are on the order of reality-warping, physics-breaking eldritch abominations. Which... says something for Beelzebub's dominance over Hell since Satan was killed. He *was* considered a brighter angel than Lucifer before they fell, though, so he probably is packing the mojo to whip an army of demons in line.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
Before I go back and read everything -- oh god my friend just tagged me on Facebook as Neo out of all the possible characters of The Matrix. I don't even see how...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Do you even know kung fu? :P
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #11  
o3o

I pop onto Tris for a second during a previewing break and get distracted by a small chunk of reading. I blame you for this, Suze. >3>

I shall get to recreating/reformatting my character later. Right now I have other stuff that needs to get done first.

Though I am very excited that Esch is finally going to get some action again! :D

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I actually don't know any martial arts as a result of my mom being paranoid that I as a little kid would get heavily injured doing any sort of sport. (I pleaded with her to let me learn karate, but nope. Now I have an interest in aikido, but no time.)

Here's what I was listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP8-YkeeDlg
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #13  
Now here's a question: regarding the aforementioned insane seraphim roaming the skies... does having artificial eyes prevent one from instantly dying by looking at it?

I really want to use a Cherubim somewhere, too. Wings covered in thousands of eyes that can all shoot eye lasers? Sign me up! (and I am not making that up, Milton seriously describes them throwing thousands of lightning bolts from the wing-eyes in Paradise Lost. How badass is that?)
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
That depends on the mechanism of transmitting death via eyes, and also how artificial eyes actually work (where are they wired to?)

Dante needs a haircut. Any suggestions? (I could just leave it as is, too.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #15  
I think it would make a lot more sense if it wasn't actually a visual-based attack. I don't really think closing your eyes would really work. It's probably more like a wave of spiritual pressure it constantly pumps out and the seraph can rein it in by folding its wings over itself to dampen the effect.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
I like the sounds of the Cherubim creature with the wing-eyes. Not sure how one would survive an attack from all the eyes, but still a really cool concept. :3

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 01:53 AM Reply With Quote