Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #2001  
Ah. Okay. Maybe it was just the pre-alert that I got. I see Mewtwo in raids everywhere but not chance am I going to be able to get him unless I can find a crowd. Got a Wailmer today, but that thing just kinda bothers me.
Old Posted 10-01-2018, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I'm not gonna be able to get a mewtwo either lol
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2003  
I assume you mean 100% IV, because the max is 45. ;) But congratulations, that's an awesome dragon!

I STILL haven't gotten ANY regionals (except of course for Tauros and Illumise)...

Shinies come only during community day events, so you'll never encounter them randomly in the wild.

And even with me, my wife, and my son all loading up with our best anti-Mewtwo Pokemon, we can't get it down below about 80% before we get wiped and/or the time runs out.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
What's an anti-mewtwo pokemon?
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 05:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #2005  
Shinies can be found outside of events, but they are much rarer. And they're RELEASED on events, but can be found by random chance after, such as my Magikarp :D

Anti-Mewtwo pokemon are ones super effective against it.

I hatched another Tauros -.-
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I mean there's no specific "anti-Mewtwo Pokemon". But there are some things to take into account when designing your party, because just bringing in the recommended team isn't always wise.

Most importantly: Mewtwo hits EXTREMELY hard. Any Pokemon weak to its attacks is going to get one-shotted no matter how strong they are. Its Fast moves are all Psychic-type, but its Charge move can be Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, or Focus Blast. You can get a hint at which one it is based on the recommended team (e.g. it was recommending Lapras for me because the Mewtwo I fought had Ice Beam). Having a type advantage defensively gives you more flexibility on choosing your team based on offensive capability.

On the offensive side: Mewtwo is weak to Dark, Ghost, and Bug. Ghost and Bug are annoyingly rare attack types, but there are a few options. Dark is far more common.

Tyranitar is the best choice available as long as it's not a Focus Blast Mewtwo, which will tear it to shreds in a hurry. Gengar is weak to Mewtwo's fast attacks so it's very fragile, but its powerful Ghost-type attacks can do a lot of damage before it gets taken down. Scizor is pretty good but it's ridiculously weak to Flamethrower. Pinsir is weak to Flamethrower but resists Focus Blast. Rayquaza is just massively powerful on its own and can just push through the lack of type advantage on raw stats, but it's very weak to Ice Beam. Houndoom and Sharpedo resist Fast moves, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower while having good offense. Absol and to a lesser extent Umbreon can do reasonable damage while resisting the Fast moves, but all four of these last choices are weak to Focus Blast, and Sharpedo has low HP and Defense. Banette can put out a good chunk of damage but it has low HP and Defense so even though it's not weak to any of Mewtwo's attacks it's still flimsy.

Finally, Mew and Mewtwo themselves are also good choices, as they're both very strong powerful, both resist Psychic and Fighting, and both learn non-Psychic offensive moves. Mew can get Infestation as a Fast move, which is a reasonably good choice.

So yeah, Mewtwo is a hard fight, yo. Three people with perfect teams isn't enough to do it. You need more people.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 04:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #2007  
I wish I got out more to play Pokemon GO. But the places I do go to aren't anywhere near poke stops and a lot of the places that were poke stops disapered in my area which sucks.
Old Posted 10-02-2018, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, if you get to level 10 in Ingress? you can suggest pokestops and gyms I heard.
Old Posted 10-03-2018, 02:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2009  
While historically Pokestops were based on Ingress Portals I don't know if they're necessarily still connected. It's worth a try, and Ingress isn't particularly hard.

Old Posted 10-03-2018, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, only in like Brazil can you suggest stops so far....I hope they open that up to more people. Rural areas....it would be nice to have more gyms and stops....I want a gym right by my house so it can officially be Team Instinct's gym most of the time LOL
Old Posted 10-03-2018, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2011  
I've been wondering how pokestops worked, mostly because I just noticed one on the highway (I was not driving ;)) that was attached to a big home-made wooden sign leaning on a hill one a farmer's property. Do people call in and say they want one on their space? Are there sponsored things? Dunno.

What's Ingress?
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 12:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
It's Ingress. Niantic is accepting to applications or whatever for stops or gyms .-. Otherwise, I'd be listing everything, trying to get a gym lol
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2013  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
It's Ingress.
...that doesn't help.

Google...Looks like a gps sort of game. Is this like that game with pretend hacking and stuff where you went along in real life? Can't remember the name of it.
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yes, that's the game you're thinking of. I used to play it a few years ago; Los Angeles was a great place to get into it. Pokemon Go's PokeStops were initially populated using all of the Ingress portals, which were user-contributed landmarks. The Pokemon spawn points were initially populated using the XM spawn points, which were determined by where the player location traces were most concentrated. I have no idea if they've diverged or if they're still running on the same underlying data set.

It would be an interesting question if sponsored PokeStops show up in Ingress. If they don't that suggests they're different data sets now.

Old Posted 10-04-2018, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #2015  
I could see sponsored ones being different, but the only way to get a new pokestop is through Ingress, I've checked everywhere. Niantic is taking no suggestions except through there, except in a few countries.

And I think in those countries, someone on another website was saying it was only people who were level 40. Which at that point, who cares? I mean, unless you haven't got mew or celebi....you probably are only wanting 5 star raids, maybe community days, unelss you're trying to get your entire pokedex...so yeah.

I hope they roll it out so I can suggest like all of the few shops in town to be pokestops....and random things that count as landmarks.
Old Posted 10-05-2018, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ack! Been home all weekend so I'm out of gifts! Got a couple at stops today when I had to go out because visiting relatives drank all my milk and eggnog (remind self to aggressively label things next time. I was very annoyed about my eggnog.)

Also mildly annoyed at my prof who put an assignment due date on a stat holiday. It's going to be late. It hasn't been a great week.

That said, I got a girafarig while I was out. :)
Old Posted 10-08-2018, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote