Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lynx Rufus
Default   #33  
My Mom got the choice to upgrade to 8 after 3 months of having her laptop... she says she wont because it is too different... though she does like the Mac interface alot.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Blasto the Hanar
I've got Windows 7 on my laptop at the moment with no intent on upgrading to 8 for a while. Not until the bugs and such are sorted out.

*Please do not feed or molest the alligators*

Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #35  
My brother, who's a computer genius hates Windows 8. Not only is it problematic when it comes to turning it off completely, but the interface is of a damn smart phone which none of us use in this family.
To me it is another vista: a complete failure, while windows 7 is just fine and less problematic.
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
yeah... my friend got a new laptop with windows 8 and im like... yeah ill stick with 7 thank you... bc the tiles wanted me to throw it out the window...
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #37  
The tiles can be turned off. Don't let THAT be a reason to hate on it. There are plenty of other far more legitimate things to complain about.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
It looks like an interesting way for Microsoft to have taken Windows.....though I'll stick with my Mac as my main computer still. I'm still waiting for it to settle and have a lot of the bugs and problems to be addressed/fixed before I consider upgrading to it when it comes to my Windows computer (that I keep for programs that require and OS other than Mac OS X to run).
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #39  
My mother in law just got a windows 8 computer and I honestly don't think it's that bad. Hers isn't a touch screen, which I think is its weakness. The tiles feel awkward when they have to be controlled via mouse, but the touchscreen feels nice and works well. The tiles are easy to use and pretty convenient. Once you take a little time to get used to the new controls, it's a decent system. I would get it if I needed a new computer, but I don't right now. If I got one, I would be sure to get a touch screen.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 01-07-2013, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's fine if you're using your computer like a tablet.

If you want to use your computer like people have been using computers for the last 20 years (literally 20, Windows 3.1 was released in late 1992), it doesn't work. And if you want to use apps that aren't Win8-specific, you have to go into desktop mode ANYWAY.

And Win8's desktop mode has problems.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Riding a white swan
Default   #41  
I'm still unsure whether I like Windows 8. It's such a radical change from Windows 7 (which was probably my favourite) and I'm still trying to figure it all out. If I were on a tablet I think that it would be fantastic, however I'm on a laptop so the glory of the design is a little lost. I do like how quickly it starts up and I also like how customisable it is.
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
And that's the entire crux of the complaint: Win8 is a tablet OS, with desktop use relegated to second place.

Old Posted 01-17-2013, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote