Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default >.> A little worried.   #1  
So About two years ago I bought an external harddrive to back up my files and I have not had a use for it until today. I wanted to back up a copy of a program that I have. However my computer gave me a warning message and asked me if I wanted to scan it. I did, and when the scanner stopped I tried to use my external again only to have my computer blocked access to it. When I looked to see how much space I had on there it said the entire thing had been used when it was a 500gb external hard drive. My files when I put them on were no more then 13gb 20 at the most. I am not concerned that I have lost all of my previous files my bigger concern is that I may have just uploaded something damaging to my desktop. We do not have internet access for my desktop so I am not sure what to do.
Old Posted 03-21-2013, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
i had the same issue before... i plugged it into another computer and it was fine afterwards. all the files were still there.
Old Posted 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #3  
Can always try reformatting it, you lose your stuff but if theres something corrupt it might help =D Also shouting abusively at your computer ^_^
Old Posted 04-03-2013, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
-knows it's been a week-

My suggestions: Restart the computer and try again, try a different usb port for it

Before that, get on IE (if you're paranoid about something bad being on your computer or external drive-I think it'll scan both if the external is hooked up and you choose scan the entire computer) download this: http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...s/default.aspx

It has caught things no virus scanner could get it. It's free, but every ten days, it'll need to be redownloaded if you want it to be all updated.
Old Posted 04-10-2013, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote