Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

L.E.D Sheep
Default Tabletop Gaming?   #1  
If this is not an acceptable place for this thread, I apologize. Go ahead and move it if you need to.

Ever since my first year at college, I have been really into board and card games. I especially enjoy games with a storytelling/roleplaying element and a great deal of player interaction in the form of politics, alliance-making, trading, negotiating, bluffing and backstabbing. xD My favorite games are Cosmic Encounter, The Resistance (similar to Mafia or Werewolves), Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, and Citadels. I also like games that are more heavily strategic, but I don't get into them the same way.

Anyone else play tabletop games? If so, what are some of your favorites? o3o
Old Posted 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
With my family I play Heros. I've tried other games, like Doctor Who, but I wasn't really interested unless it was Heros.

I've considered GMing my own game - a tabletop of Slayers, the anime.

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #3  
That's cool. What is Heros?

And that would be a lot of fun. I have only played one RPG before, but I'd like to try more. ^^

Also, related to the thread: my significant other has informed me that we are going to Gen Con this summer. I am the happiest person ever. :D
Old Posted 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Heroes is basically what the titles makes it to be. You protect the world from people who do wrong. You meet interesting beings along the way as well. If I had a comparison...it'd be a more suttle version of Dungeons And Dragons.

I also wish to try more, with other people, with different personalities. Thing is: It's weird for a girl to like rpging in my neighborhood. If a girl likes it then the guys that like it must try to hook up with that girl. Yeeah, my neighborhood is basically Big Bang Theory's comic shop whenever Penny enters through the front door. Eyes. Everywhere.

My turn to ask! What's Gen Con?
Been looking for new conventions along with new rps.
Is it a roleplay convention or something similar?

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
I've played D&D before. At least, I did something that could resemble playing D&D to an outside observer. I've never really played with people who seemed to actually know and care about what they were doing. Which is a shame, because it seems pretty fun.
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 02-08-2013, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
@Kit: Okay, cool.

It's really unfortunate that people discriminate against you because of your gender. I do know how that is although I haven't had much trouble finding other gamers as a result. I have, however, played with people who assume I won't play well and are surprised when I do.

Gen Con is a gaming convention that is held in Indiana in the summer. We're going for the board games, but there are definitely a lot of roleplayers there as well. We are actually planning on doing True Dungeon when we go, even though we are not experienced roleplayers. It's sort of like a live action roleplay where you go around through rooms with a group trying to work together essentially to solve giant puzzles.

@Xyphlan: That's unfortunate. I feel like the more into gaming I get, the harder it becomes to find people who are as into it as I am. My friends are pretty big nerds, but I still think of many of them as casual gamers because they don't want to play a ten-hour game of Diplomacy or Twilight Imperium. I really hope we make some friends at Gen Con who like gaming as much as we do.
Old Posted 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM Reply With Quote