Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Red-aholic
Default   #33  
@Cyanide Lollipop: Yeeeah. xD I mean my laptop is pretty much on most of the day while I'm awake, but at night it goes to sleep most of the time. Definitely wouldn't leave it on as long as he has--it wouldn't survive, especially when you should see how many programs he has up x.x He refuses to click the little "go to desktop" button, so he has to sit there and minimize EVERYTHING when I need to look at his desktop. Freaking takes five minutes. It's ridiculous. xD

But hey, I got him to restart it the other day. So maybe now it'll take a while for it to get that bad again. xD
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Blasto the Hanar
I have Windows Vista on my Toshiba Sattelite L505. I actually find it pretty easy to use, and prefer it over 7 in some cases because of the simplicity.

The laptop actually came with a windows 7 disk if we wanted to upgrade, but alot of feedback said that often it just doesn't install cleanly and I didn't want to lose the laptop I'd only had for like a month at the time. XD

*Please do not feed or molest the alligators*

Old Posted 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #35  
I can adjust to about any operating system I have tried, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Mac (mac was only in a class I had), Vista, windows 7 (however the switching of the web pages is something fairly irritating to me since sometimes my mouse moves and well poof i find myself in a different location... grumbles some but yeah my BF will fuss at the Vista one while I fuss at his Windows 7)
also the older version of vista I tried I would have to say wasn't good but after they had worked on it more I liked it
well oh well just my opinion here, shrugs, many computers can be helpful ^^
Old Posted 09-13-2010, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
I use Windows Seven.
I had Vista on my laptop at first, but it is odd and glitched a lot.
Now my computer works more neat with Seven.
Just looove it <33
Old Posted 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #37  
I use a mac. The only thing that I don't like is that there are not many games that I can play on it.
Old Posted 09-14-2010, 12:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Sakura - Yeah, if I'm awake my laptop is probably on. XD I try to get off the computer (even if it's just to play video games for a bit) but lately by the time I'm done checking everything there's people online and I feel bad ditching them for video games. XD;

Jeez, that's crazy. @__@ Have you tried to convince him to turn it off once and a while?

Kotomi - Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. I just take whatever OS is on the computer and I get used to it. XD
Old Posted 09-14-2010, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Shinigami
Default   #39  
I use vista.
Simply cuz it's nice xD
Old Posted 09-14-2010, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Mac is awesome when you do some design stuff on it, but yes it kind of sucks when it comes to games question.
Old Posted 09-15-2010, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Goddess of Death
Default   #41  
Windows 7 FTW!
I actually was skeptical at first,
But I find it easy to use and very sleek in its design!
Old Posted 09-15-2010, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Mac is getting better at games, though, especially with Steam getting Mac support.

As for leaving laptops on... *checks uptime command* I haven't rebooted my MacBook in 28 days 22 hours 2 minutes, and that was to install a system update. Sure, I put my laptop in suspend mode when I'm not using it by closing the lid, but for me and my Mac we don't much need to shut down very often.

Now, my Mac Pro desktop gets rebooted fairly often because I'm using a buggy third-party USB wi-fi adapter that occasionally spazzes out and I have to reboot to get network access back. (It doesn't have AirPort built in because it's a server-grade system, but my apartment isn't laid out in any way that makes it convenient to run a wire.)
Old Posted 09-16-2010, 10:09 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #43  
The only time I restart my Macbook is to install updates... and I don't even do that regularly, because I'm just flat-out too lazy to restart it most of the time. The only time I feel like I really should restart it is to install security updates or whatever - program updates, I don't really care enough about to bother.

My uptime is 19 days, 18 hours. xD

Old Posted 09-16-2010, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dm3 laptop, I like it and this computer is so fast.
Old Posted 09-16-2010, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #45  
I only restart my computer to install updates, or if my tablet bugs out I have to restart to get it to connect. I just installed an update this morning, though.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-16-2010, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
I use Vista. It's kind of a love/hate 'ship I've with it, though. Sometimes it outright pisses me off and other times it's pretty cool. :3

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 09-19-2010, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Super Artist
Default   #47  
It's strange how there are barely any games for Mac while the games are made on a Mac... for Windows xD

Old Posted 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Brigade Leader
Vista, only because I've been too lazy to update to Windows 7.
Old Posted 09-20-2010, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote