Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rebooting....
Default An introduction to a Fantasy Dance Magician   #1  
Phishe Acalon stepped on stage all butterflies in the stomach gone from where they had been just moments ago. This is what she was alive to do. The audience loved her, and cheered for her every night, and hundreds of people fell for her. The swirling dance mesmerizing everyone in the room. Some people had no choice because there was magic in the steps, every twirl in the pattern had a meaning, the trick was making sure she did it right.

Long red hair, strung with ornaments that matched the outfit. A skirt-pant, the outfit of a true belly dancer. Reds, pinks, and golds adorned her entire body and moved off into her face with the use of makeup that made her glow. This is what she lived for. She flipped and landed in a split and took the flower of a nearby man and blew him a kiss. He went crimson with glee and was pulled away from the stage by his jealous friends so that he would stop trying to climb up.

Phishe took her bow and walked off stage to her dressing room. The place she could be herself for a bit. Her clothes jangled as she walked from all the bells and beads that were hidden and as she sat down at the vanity table, she slid the wig she was wearing off to reveal short blond hair no more than ear length. Then she slid the top she was wearing off that clearly completed the illusion she was holding, because she was in fact a he, and his name was Val. He was skinny and had the looks of a female that had gotten him the nickname Valerie. He’d taken it to heart when he was younger, but that was a very long time ago and his thoughts had changed after… Well he really didn’t want to think about that right now, he had just preformed one of this better nights yet.

He leaned backwards over the chair and pulled himself out into a handstand from sitting down. It felt good to be flexible. Who cares if he looked like a girl and acted like a girl half the time? He knew he was a boy and he was comfortable being a boy. He did a split in the air stretching out his muscles, relaxing. He’d stretched before hand of course but you had to stretch after so the muscles didn’t lock up.
Once he finished he stood up and took a wet rag and cleaned off the makeup, he had to put a fresh batch on every time anyways. And that was his last performance of the night. So it was all right either way. Someone knocked on the door. Awww fuck he thought. Than with the female voice he’d mastered he answered.

“Yes? Who is it?”

“Lady Phishe there is a girl here that would like to talk to you personally. Should I send her up?”

He shrugged. “Did she tell you who she was?”

“No but she said to give you this if there was any question.” A sealed slip of parchment was slid under the door. And Val shook his head seeing the seal on it.
“Send her up, I’ll see her.” He moved to his bed positioning himself facing the window. As he moved he picked up a veil and slid it over his head. He wasn’t ready to see her but he had to at some point. The parchment in his hand. She knocked lightly on the door, a familiar knock.

“Come in.” He still used the feminine voice he’d perfected. She came in a pout on her face, though he couldn’t see. The door creaked and then closed with a click. She was back.

“Val, don’t use that voice with me you know very well I know you.” She crossed her arms and looked at his back. “Read my letter.”

“I’d rather not Emilia.” His voice cracked with emotions he tried to keep hidden. Her very presence was already weakening him. He hated that.

“Vally you gotta read my letter!” Her voice was pleading and teasing at the same time. Only she could do that to him. He could hear, feel and sense her moving closer to the bed.

“Em…” his voice trailed off. “Why’d you come?” Her hand touched his shoulder and he flinched involuntarily. She withdrew her hand.

“Oh I see.” Her voice was hurt, but she didn’t move any further away.

“Please.” It was a useless statement really. He didn’t know what he was even asking.

Emilia shook her head sadly and then sat on the bed and turned his chin to face her; he still shivered at her touch. “Val, you’ve got to come out of your shell at some point. I don’t care how long you’ve been alive, or how long you’ve been hiding everything. You can keep on dancing as a girl. And parading around town as a gay, it’s a shock you haven’t been thrown in jail yet. You can’t be protected forever, and you can’t stay away from me forever. I don’t care if you screwed up. I’m rather enjoying being alive from your silly spell. “

He actually raised his eyes at this. A small amount of hope leaking into them.
She smiled. “That’s better.” Her voice choked when she said it though, not having seen him in a very long time. She was finding she was still in love with him. Bandit Queen was a hard job though. She bit her lip and he looked away. “What spell did you use tonight?”

“A good luck charm. It’s Sunday night, everyone there needs a little bit since Monday is so rough. “

She laughed. It was like music. He cursed in his head wishing he hadn’t had to relearn from her the dances so that it looked like he was new to it. It had been his choice to stay behind on this world where everyone grew up and died within 100 years instead of thousands. Her hand slid across his chest startling him back to reality.

“Val… you never should have left me.” That’s when she kissed him. It took his breath away just as it had years before when they were teenagers just hitting their twenties. Now they looked around 30. She was. He wasn’t. He was much older. She was 38 now. That is, that’s how long she had lived, but in reality she hadn’t aged. And he used magic to age to however he wanted to.

When she finally pulled away he murmured, “I know,” and then he cried. He hadn’t done that for a very long time. He’d left her after he was raped. He’d closed himself to the world after that incident. Including her.

He was an actor, and he did acting as a living, not just as a career. With an uncontrollable shake he finally let her pull him into her arms in a hug. Her hand was caressing his hair. He’d missed her. He never should have left.
Old Posted 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
This is the beginning of a story I am working on. I'd love opinions on it. If it seems sellable. ect.
Old Posted 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote