Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #1617  
Zapdos is going to be added as a field research stamp card reward thingy in May!
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I saw! Still have Moltres in my way though. I wonder if these research things are by the month?
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 04:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1619  
I suspect they'll probably rotate them out monthly. Similar to how the raid legendaries rotate.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Well if I get to pick up my car today, I'll run some errands and hopefully collect more balls. I have some golden berries but without ultra balls I don't think Moltres is getting anywhere.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1621  
I don't know, I've managed to get Moltres with a normal pokeball. Ultra ball and a razzberry (normal or golden) is easier though unless you just feel like burning through like 20-30 pokeballs (and have them to spare). XD
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Same snag here. I think I'm on 6 or 7 out of 20 now, just with evolving little cheap guys. I need to get 5 walking candy as well so I'm walking with my fire pokemon because I need to evolve 5 of those as well. Blah.
I've so far managed 1 or 2 evolutions and 1 out of 5 buddy candies.
I just set my Magikarp as my buddy courtesy of the head's up here that evolving a Magikarp is a special research assignment.
I'd held off because my Charmeleon, my previous buddy was midway to a candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Zapdos is going to be added as a field research stamp card reward thingy in May!
Sweet!
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1623  
I have no Pokeballs to spare! And a great throw with a great ball and a berry didn't work either so I'm skeptical with a normal ball.

I had magicarp up as my buddy, but I figured I'd get some fire pokemon candy. Turns out it's my ponyta that needs only three more candy to so, not my cyndaquill, so when my cyndaquill is done I'll put ponyta up. I'm sitting on over 200 magicarp candy from the recent spree (and remembering to use my pinap berries) so he's at least half way there for later.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Stupid bird sucks! He's not even all that good. Just is red and angry.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1625  
I mean, the odds of catching with just a pokeball are extremely slim and takes a lot of tries, but it can happen.
I personally don't feel like the throws being "great" or "excellent" do much to increase the odds of a catch that much. They do give bonus xp if they're successful though which can be nice.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Interesting.
It took at least 5 throws and two berries but I caught my first and so far only Moltres with a Pokeball.
Thankfully, because I'd only had a few left.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-26-2018, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1627  
Bird is out of my face! I do not have to find a Blade of Glory gif. Great ball, berry, and great throw.

I do find that the better throws made a difference, though not as much as curve balls, though sometimes you can get lucky with a regular pokeball.

More zen today. I actually managed to catch things without them breaking out surprisingly. Got another 55 magikarp candies from catching them everywhere.

I also found out that you apparently can't cheese the gym battle quest. I hopped into one, hit the opposing pokemon a couple of times, and bolted (red light, mom was driving). No credit for that. I tossed it and now I have to catch 3 swablus. Of course they don't seem to be around much. Diglett though. Diglett everywhere.
Old Posted 04-27-2018, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Hmm, I can't remember when exactly it counted my gym battles for the special quests but I don't think it was after I defeated the opponent.
I know I didn't defeat the boss but only because I ran out of time, fucking timer. Why? Just why?
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-27-2018, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1629  
Realize now that my fire catch rate is crummy with only a bronze so that might have been part of my Moltres issues.

Drive across town today. Depopulated the place of magikarp, poliwag, and snagged a fair few piranha things and hoppips. I know have a politoed, a jumpluff, and over 300 carp candies. I actually had to toss some balls and such as my bag getting full. We were going slow enough in traffic for me to catch a gym I haven't spun yet, but first my bag was full, then I gained a level, then an egg hatched and we were past it by the time I could get to my screen again. Blah.
Old Posted 04-28-2018, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Don't have gym access -.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 04-28-2018, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1631  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Realize now that my fire catch rate is crummy with only a bronze so that might have been part of my Moltres issues.

Drive across town today. Depopulated the place of magikarp, poliwag, and snagged a fair few piranha things and hoppips. I know have a politoed, a jumpluff, and over 300 carp candies. I actually had to toss some balls and such as my bag getting full. We were going slow enough in traffic for me to catch a gym I haven't spun yet, but first my bag was full, then I gained a level, then an egg hatched and we were past it by the time I could get to my screen again. Blah.
Fire catch rate? I had no idea that was a thing.
I can't find anything on Google that explains that.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-28-2018, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Your catch rate goes up with each medal you earn by type, or that's what the game says.

Bronze is +1
Silver is +2
Gold is +3

Not sure how much it actually means though.
Old Posted 04-28-2018, 03:49 AM Reply With Quote