Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #1601  
I'd say I'm making super progress on the special field researches, but not so much on anything else mainly because all the pokemon I don't have right now are either super rare in my area, so they can pretty much only be gotten from eggs if they even are in them or are the legendary ones that I'll never get unless they add them as field research stamp rewards. Or are ones that I need to walk a shit-ton more for candies to evolve them, but currently can't because I need to walk my magikarp for candies now.

Just realized that there will be much struggling with the third stage 6 special field research....do 10 raid battles.
XP
Old Posted 04-20-2018, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
10 raids? In the specials? Fuck!
I was lucky to get the two raids in my gym that I used for the stage 3 2 raid assignment. AND I'm out of raid passes!
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-20-2018, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1603  
I'm not even sure what stage I'm on but I'm guessing it's...three? What's a stage? When you get all three goals and the guy starts talking again?
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
After checking in on Howitz, I am apparently on stage 4 out of 8, whatever that means. My regular research needs more fire types, which seem to be the hardest things to get around here. Lots of bugs and water.
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1605  
I'm guessing that when you complete the eight stage, you get a chance to catch Mew. Just based on the fact that the whole thing started off with basically "there are reports of Mew activity in your area" being stated and that being the recurring theme within the actual dialogue when new special tasks are assigned.
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Yup, Mew is a guaranteed catch at the end of the special research ^_^ I'm currently stuck on stage 6 too because of the raiding task... I don't get to go out much so things like raiding and gym battles are not a common thing for me to get to do...

Also I believe you should be rewarded with some raid passes at some point plus every day you can get a free raid pass from spinning a gym stop ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 06:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1607  
The Mew catch at the end is the only reason I'm bothering to go out of my way to complete the special/story research.

I'm currently stuck on stage 3 because I haven't had a chance yet to battle a regular gym battle at my local gym and I need to do it twice.
Please tell me stage 6 doesn't want that 10 times as well?

The optional research I am now working on is catching 20 Pokemon with weather boosts and catching 3 either mudkip or treeko. I might have to discard the latter because I don't get many of either in my area.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
So apparently my field research is on hold until I catch this damn Moltres, which isn't happening today. Not only did I run out of pokeballs so I had to buy more with my coins, but I pooched my shot with my last ultraball (like, tap and it rolls). Alas. Grumble gripe hiss. I don't even especially want the thing.

I did get a shroomish today though, and it's grumpy face amuses me. :)
Old Posted 04-23-2018, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1609  
Yeah, I really feel like if it wasn't for the completionist in me I wouldn't care much about Moltres since you can't, as I've discovered, actually do anything with the legendaries.
Old Posted 04-23-2018, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
You can use them in gym fights but you can't leave them at gyms sadly. Although I can understand their reasons why.

My Dice Store
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 06:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1611  
I mean, I guarantee that a 1500 CP Moltres wouldn't be THAT hard to knock out. Especially if you just wait for it's motivation (or whatever) to drop down.
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 06:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
It's more the fact that it's a legendary Pokemon and they don't want it to be unfair for players that aren't able to get a hold of them (especially as they were originally only obtainable from level 5 raids). Now that they've made them more readily available that may change but chances are it won't because they seem pretty reticent to mess with the coding they've already put in place.

My Dice Store
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1613  
So capturing the Moltres in the breakthrough package is required to move on in the research? Even the special?
I'd only continue to capture them because I'm a completionist and I'd use the candy to power up the one I want to keep.

At last, I got my gym battles in and have progressed to stage 4 in the special research. I'm quite relieved to find out that it counts individual Pokemon in the same battle so I completed both required battles in the same go.
I'm a little annoyed that now I have to evolve 20 Pokemon because I just recently evolved a handful. :P
Ah well.
At least I'm no longer obligated to visit gyms--or at least am getting a break from it.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I don't think so. It (catching Moltres) is just the reward for filling the stamps on your field research stamp card. So to reset that, yes, but I doubt if not doing it will stop anything. You just won't get any more of the stamp bonuses.
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1615  
Ah, gotcha.
Hopefully, they'll release a different legendary/Pokemon soon.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
I'm a little annoyed that now I have to evolve 20 Pokemon because I just recently evolved a handful. :P
Ah well.
Same snag here. I think I'm on 6 or 7 out of 20 now, just with evolving little cheap guys. I need to get 5 walking candy as well so I'm walking with my fire pokemon because I need to evolve 5 of those as well. Blah.

I was hoping to take care of my gym battle field research but Instinct still runs the gym down the street, so I left another guy there and berried it back up. I need to go sit in the Starbucks in the mall and just spam-spin the gym that's there.

Still need to catch stupid Moltres so I can get stamps again. At least, I hope it will do that. I'm again short on Pokeballs.
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote