Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Blue Fish
Default Crochet/Knitting   #1  
I couldn't find a thead about this so here it is :).

What do you guy's pefer the at of knitting or the at of Crochet. In the past I've made things using both though Crochet lends it self easier to making doll's/toys then knitting.
Old Posted 01-05-2015, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I'm a Crochetter myself, but I've slowly been teaching myself to knit since Christmas 2013. And I agree with you that Crochet makes for easier toys (and round things in general). I haven't been able to acquire a set of circular (or double point) needles for knitting just yet.
World's worst for poofing during a conversation. Sorry.
Old Posted 01-06-2015, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Gastromage First Class
Default   #3  
I prefer knitting. I do know how to crochet, but I just feel really unsteady with it. Not that I'm a master knitter either. I don't even really know how to read a pattern.

I WAS working on a baby blanket for a friend of mine, but I got all distracted with wedding planning stuff and messed up a couple of blocks, and now I'm too lazy to unpick them and start over.

I might try a shawl or something though, 'cause I still have plenty of wool.

The Trisphite formerly known as Apagracia
Old Posted 01-06-2015, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Hehe my current project is a Umbereron. It's pretty darn cute I re-worked the pattern I found from raverly for it, instead of using felt for the yellow circles on it's body I'm backstiching them on with the wool thats used in pars of it's patern. It's of to it's new home at some point.trying to get her done for the bf's birthday pressey but it might not be ready in time. http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.co.u...n-plushie.html <- the web adress for the patern if any one's intrested.
Old Posted 01-06-2015, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Gastromage First Class
Default   #5  
That is super cute! I am nowhere near that level of awesome yet, but if I was I would totally be doing that!

I'm still a very beginner beginner, even though I first learned like 20 years ago. /shame

Old Posted 01-07-2015, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Miss witche have you tried watching youtube video's on the how to@s a freind of mine learnt that way.
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #7  
I'm a knitter. I used to crochet, but after I picked up my first pair of knitting needles at 13, my brain forgot how to do more than a basic chain in crochet. To date, I've successfully knit a couple of hats... and a Season 12 Doctor Who scarf.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Gastromage First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karastorm View Post
Miss witche have you tried watching youtube video's on the how to@s a freind of mine learnt that way.
I haven't, but I totally will next time I'm at my in-laws' or my mom's! I'm on a mobile connection here, so I don't watch videos at home, but they have ADSL. I always forget that youtube has tutorials for everything. LOL

Old Posted 01-08-2015, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #9  
It really depends on my attention span and skill level. I prefer to crochet bigger projects because they do not take that much time. But for hats and scarves I can knit those usually in an hour if I am not doing anything fancy. I am currently learning how to cable knit.
Old Posted 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Gastromage First Class
I decided to try a baby shawl with the leftover wool. I have to go to the store tomorrow to buy circular needles and more wool because now my sister wants me to make a shawl for her BFF's wee one. Here's the WIP:

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #11  
@poggio Enjoy the experience. I hated learning to cable stitch and do it so rarely these day's.

Any one else use bamboo knitting needles. I find them Amazing to use.I'd have bamboo hooks as well if they weren't so ruddy expensive.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 10:39 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
My creative sewing teacher tried to teach me how to crochet, but she didn't know how to do it too well herself. So I ended up doing the stitches through the same hole when trying to make a chain. .-.

Old Posted 02-21-2015, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #13  
Its one of thouse things that once you have the basics it just gets easyer. Same with knitting, though both can be fiddly I just love them for how relaxig they are for me.
Old Posted 02-25-2015, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
@Kara: My coworker swears by cable knitting. She says it is really easy but I can't seem to remember how to reverse stockenette to save my life. I always mess up somewhere. I love bamboo knitting needles. They are now the only ones I will buy since the metal ones slide off way to easily.
Old Posted 03-06-2015, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #15  
I Think one of the reasons I hate cable so much is how easy it is to drop a stich of the needle. Wish I could grab bamboo versions of everything its become an adtiction I swear lol.
What shall fall tonight shall fall into damnation, And many will fall this night!
Old Posted 03-11-2015, 03:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Alright, I know it's been awhile since this thread was active, but since the colder months are upon us, I think it's high time to bring back the discussion.

Anyone working on a current project that they either can link to, or can post pics of?

I'm working on a version of this, using two colors of yarn: Cleaves.

I needed a break from trying to knit a double seed stitch scarf for my boyfriend, because I found out I'd messed up and somehow ended up with K2P2 rib instead.

I'm hoping to have the Cleaves and the scarf done in time for when I fly out to see the boyfriend in about two weeks.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-15-2015, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote