Prologue in progress
On Deviantart

Navigation
Plot/Setting
Characters
Prologue
Chapters

Genres include:
Mature, Sci-fi, Supernatural, BL/Shounen-ai, Apocalypse, War, Violence.
This webtoon can be considered ideologically sensitive; I've used a lot of religious references, and have twisted them in a way that may be offensive to some. There is also implied mpreg due to the setting, and most characters have backgrounds which could disturb some. If you have any problem with any of these subjects ( rape, homosexuality, gore, vulgar language, mpreg, religion ), I've warned you.

Last edited by Meizicht; 04-30-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage

Setting:
Even today, we know war very well. It seems we're constantly warring with other nations, without a break for peace anywhere. Well, even in the future, it's the same. War has broken out across the globe, and has dominated existence for hundreds of years. The United Nations now consists of most of the world, except the US, Canada, UK, India, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Mexico, and Australia, with Australia being the only neutral country declared as a safe zone.
Australia is now a country of knowledge, where one goes to learn and advance without the caution of watching for airstrikes and stray bullets. The rich live here, as well as many of your average people, provided with free education, housing and daily necessities.
The UN has been fighting with the US and its allies for fifty years, starting when the citizens of the US rebelled against their one-president government, taking it over and reforming it into a group-run system, placing six civilians in power every two years. With its fresh system, the US returned to its righteous, "good-ol'-boys" approach, passing laws and abolishing the bad, which in turn, made the country rise back to the top and reclaim its reputation. But, as the UN's majority began to talk of a unified world-government, pressing plans to manufacture "soldiers", the US was the first to refuse, attempting to fight it from the inside, until a coordinated bombing of five states sparked the fifty-year war that keeps continuing with no end in sight. Soon enough, more countries gained the courage to stand against the UN, including some of the Middle East, which have craved a fair government longer than all.
At the center of the Japanese Islands, which had grown into an urban jungle, excelling more than any other country with its technology, Nagano became the new capital. With massive sky scrapers, it has a melting pot of nationalities, and is a busy city with sleepless nightlife. Here is where the story is focused, where a tower sleeps underground, ready to rise and symbolize the end of bloodshed.

Virus:

As if triggered by the US' exit from the UN, the virus - widely known as "Magdeline" - began infecting people no matter their age, status, hygiene, gender or otherwise. No known vaccine could cure it, and it spread within a few years, quickly wiping out billions of people, most of them female, since the virus had a more overpowering effect on them than males. The symptoms were usually flu-like, if there were any symptoms at all, which made it hard to detect and treat, but a group of scientists in Australia came up with a vaccine that was distributed freely to every country, which eradicated the virus entirely, so it's no longer a threat. Unfortunately, the female gender became mostly - if not all - extinct, and those that are born die quickly because, while the virus doesn't effect the majority anymore, it does still exist.
Because of this virus, technology has been developed to allow males to reproduce, so the human race doesn't go extinct entirely.

Chimeras:

Chimeras were originally designed as manufactured "soldiers", made to fight wars. They have enhancements ( such as a tail for balance, altered eyes for better sight, altered ears for sharper hearing, scales for natural armor, etc ) which makes them appear inhuman, but they're as human as any other person. This is the main reason why the US spoke against making them for the purpose of war; to them, it was inhumane and cruel, but despite their fight, the UN developed them anyway. Years after the first chimera was made, private companies acquired the technology to make their own, and began selling them to those who could afford them, as slaves or entertainment; one appeal was that they could reproduce, so many of the rich have illegitimate children with them as back-up heirs, or just because they had affairs with their chimera-servants.

Some vague things:

A hundred years before, a group of three scientists from Ohio got the go-ahead from the government to research a newly glanced island at the center of the Bermuda Triangle. This island has a massive part in history, the present and future, as does the one remaining scientist who stayed there.

"Angels" ( the race which Onigiri is from ) have a unique way of aging; they grow normally until certain ages - which vary - and will not age further until they fall in love with a person. Once their feelings are realized, they turn, overnight, into an appearance fitting to their lover's preferences. How they know what that is, is a mystery; their biology just seems to understand.

Last edited by Meizicht; 01-06-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #3  

_________
Last edited by Meizicht; 01-06-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |

Complete!
Last edited by Meizicht; 04-30-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #5  
Reserved//Chapters
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Reserved!
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Default   #7  
Reserved just in case
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Open and stuff!

I like comments and discussion, so go for it xD
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #9  
I have a question ::

Who's your favorite character, just based on how they look??

mine's Zei and Einmai <3

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 05:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
I love them all, but Rei is one of my top favorites. His covered eye is a carved stone his father made for him ( after he lost his actual eye from a rare illness ) which the "whites" are black marble, and the "iris" is the carved red flower which I put scattered around on his picture lol.
His tattoos are also nice, and I enjoy his character in general.

I like Yoruhime also, for his eyes. Most people do the "cat eyes" type thing, but with him, I thought the horizontal "goat" eyes would be creepier. xD

Oh but.. Jerixxa's just too colorful to ignore. xDD
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 05:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #11  
Oh dear lord, I have overlooked rei. The sexy beast. xD
I like jerixxa too, but he's too sparkly for me.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
xDD "sparkly".
Jerixxa kicks ass though.
He even kicks Rei's ass.
+cough+

I have to give Aoi some credit too. Since he's an artist who can punch craters into tanks.
Literally.
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 06:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #13  
you should show me a full bod pic of that jerixxa

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 01-06-2013, 06:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
Redid the freaking website. Looks better this way, though. The last one was glitchy, and took too much to load since I had so much on it.
( Characters in the picture from left to right: Rei, Saejima, Onigiri, Zei and False. )
Old Posted 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #15  
I can't view it right now, *still at work* D:

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Ohman. I am so happy that you decided to go on with this after all. *w* The story is so interesting and I can't get enough of your art. Your characters are all so detailed and unique. I'll be following this for sure!

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM Reply With Quote