Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

One Fish
Default   #33  
I've been around avatar sites and the like for 15 years. I was never very social, and the avatars where usually the main draw for me. I still made a few friends over the years.

It sucks when sites/worlds/games shut down, especially when you've spent a lot of time on it. Not to mention losing the community and friends that were built around it. All you can do is enjoy the time you have with a place, even if it is a bit melancholy when things are dying down.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee your old friends remember you. I still think of people I met online even though it's been years since I last spoke to them.
Known as Kajiko almost everywhere else.
Old Posted 08-29-2022, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
I feel the same way.

I mostly just do shit posts on re.color these days. I don't feel close to anyone. RL is shitty and so is my online life right now.

At least I still have my art.

~Oh I know exactly how you feel. I miss sites myself, the community, the people. Plus Avi sites are fun how you can customize your Avi.

My life is also crap. Feels like all I get are blow after blow after blow. I really don't want to keep getting up.~
Old Posted 08-30-2022, 09:13 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
~Oh I know exactly how you feel. I miss sites myself, the community, the people. Plus Avi sites are fun how you can customize your Avi.

My life is also crap. Feels like all I get are blow after blow after blow. I really don't want to keep getting up.~
Same man, everything keeps getting harder and harder. I feel scared almost all the time.

All I can do is autofill in applications to work for someone who doesn't really care.

I've been spending on stupid things too.
Old Posted 08-30-2022, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Quote:
Same man, everything keeps getting harder and harder. I feel scared almost all the time.

All I can do is autofill in applications to work for someone who doesn't really care.

I've been spending on stupid things too.
~You're not kidding. I don't expect things to be handed to me on a silver platter but a break would be nice. I know how you feel about being scared. I'm worried about a lot of things. Part of it is home wise, part of it is job wise. I've taken animation classes and have been passionate about it but after seeing the animation purge I'm pretty wary. Like was everything for nothing.

I know how you feel. I've had days where I've fallen asleep filling out application after application. I don't mean animation anywhere. It's like what a friend said everyone's looking but nobody's hiring.

I get what you mean. Back when I had a job feels like I did that. ~
Old Posted 08-31-2022, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #37  
i got goddamn lucky with getting on disability, somehow. i do have a job here but any money that i earn is for helping a friend or going back into the site, bc i like this site.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-31-2022, 03:23 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Quote:
~You're not kidding. I don't expect things to be handed to me on a silver platter but a break would be nice. I know how you feel about being scared. I'm worried about a lot of things. Part of it is home wise, part of it is job wise. I've taken animation classes and have been passionate about it but after seeing the animation purge I'm pretty wary. Like was everything for nothing.

I know how you feel. I've had days where I've fallen asleep filling out application after application. I don't mean animation anywhere. It's like what a friend said everyone's looking but nobody's hiring.

I get what you mean. Back when I had a job feels like I did that. ~
Ya I'm looking to get another day job, so it's like... ok you failed yourself round 3 maybe this time you'll be better?

I don't know.

It's like that hear too. It weird because they keep insisting it's hard to find people to work and I'm over here like, IT'S BEEN YEARS OF ME LOOKING FOR A FUCKING PART TIME!

Urg, I also told myself that buying WoW time again was a good idea in comparison to weed. So that's a thing now. Time to make new friends/ see if the guild is still anywhere near functional. XD
Old Posted 08-31-2022, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
i got goddamn lucky with getting on disability, somehow. i do have a job here but any money that i earn is for helping a friend or going back into the site, bc i like this site.
~ heard they're pretty picky and there's loops to go through. That is pretty cool how you do that. Do agree, nice site .~

Quote:
Ya I'm looking to get another day job, so it's like... ok you failed yourself round 3 maybe this time you'll be better?

I don't know.

It's like that hear too. It weird because they keep insisting it's hard to find people to work and I'm over here like, IT'S BEEN YEARS OF ME LOOKING FOR A FUCKING PART TIME!

Urg, I also told myself that buying WoW time again was a good idea in comparison to weed. So that's a thing now. Time to make new friends/ see if the guild is still anywhere near functional. XD
~Yeah I know how you feel. I had hope, hope in a lot of things that maybe I could get hired. It's all just been the same. All I had was hope but, well it's a hard pill to swallow but I've realized that no matter what for me it's just not going to change.

Oh yeah I know. There's at least a couple places here that's "still hiring" and probably still will be into the next year and the year's after. I've been looking all year, all year.

Well at least you get to talk to people all over. I get what you mean. I really miss FFXIV. I liked the players there much better than Ark players. At least in the servers I've played. Some good people but some jerks. Though I guess the fact that you can't grief on PVE helps. Hopefully you're guild is still up or people remember you or something.~
Last edited by Jester; 09-01-2022 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
Old Posted 08-31-2022, 01:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
~ heard they're pretty picky and there's loops to go through. That is pretty cool how you do that. Do agree, nice site .~
yeah, they're absolutely picky as fuck. my older brother isn't on disability atm despite him being considerably more fucked over in the genetics department than i am.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-03-2022, 10:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
yeah, they're absolutely picky as fuck. my older brother isn't on disability atm despite him being considerably more fucked over in the genetics department than i am.
~Dang that stinks. Really sorry to hear that. I get being selective but when they're that picky sounds crazy beyond crazy. When you're disabled, you're disabled.~
Old Posted 09-05-2022, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Hi! I'm sorry you miss them but if they come back you'll always have them on your list to re-contact. That'd be great. Time to make some new friends?
Old Posted 10-14-2022, 06:25 AM Reply With Quote