Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5649  
LOL My debit card lives in the coin purse. I call Ian my banker.

Awww. Unclear instructions are not fun. But I want to see the new dragon baby when you're done! What colour are you making it?

Will the artist help if you ask for clarity on the scale mail instructions? I know most artists I've gotten crochet patterns from are helpful, it's just the one that made the mermaid scarf pattern who hasn't said boo to my request for help (I'm hoping she's alright, given the situation in the world right now).

Sounds like you got a pretty good amount done. I walked around the farmers market with big dolls and then came home and winged it on the mermaid scarf, since I nobody's given help where I asked yet.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-17-2021, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The fabrics I'm using for the dragon are super soft and the main body is a grey with a cactus print and the accent fabric is a dark green.

Lol. Yeah, the artist probably would help with the scalemail instructions, but tbh, I already have instructions that will work just fine both in a pattern book and in a YouTube tutorial. It's just basically making a large diamond shape for each shoulder, 10 scales wide at the middle. And then adding chains and jewels and a fabric drape. So I don't actually need the help. But just wish that for a $14 pattern, they'd have thought to provide clearer instructions or alternate scalemail instructions. XD
Just me being picky.

Not quite as much got done as I wanted, but it was more than usual. I also picked up some groceries (but need to get more after I clean out my fridge and plan out proper meals), scooped the litter boxes, and made a face mask as I need to start wearing them at the library since a few people who work there have come down with covid.
I'm vaccinated, but they still STRONGLY recommend we wear them if we worked near the sick people. And I want to wear pretty masks. And all my old ones are really gross now so I need new ones.
So I'll probably make a few over the next couple of days.
And to be safe, will be quarantining Custard and her cookie for a couple of weeks before I send her (sorry for that delay!). I'm probably fine, but don't want to risk sending a sick dragon baby.
Old Posted 10-17-2021, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5651  
Sounds like it'll be a pretty dragon.

Yes. One would expect that.

Ohhh. Okay! Thanks for letting me know.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-18-2021, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy waddles over and offers you a hug. "I'll play wif Custard so they aren't sad while they wait!" he declares happily.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 10-19-2021, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5653  
Awwww, thank you, Derpy! *hug!*

And eeeeeee! that is such a cute picture of Derpy holding his toes!

I finished the mermaid scarf! I'm wearing it right now, and she feels really comforting, as though I've got a hug. It's an intuitive pattern with a fun level of challenge (once I get past bad eyesight and/or autistic brain blocks), and I loved seeing how she took form. It was like watching someone do a speed draw. The hardest part for me was doing her hair, because some of my joints started to ache, but the
result is so lovely. I would rate the finished scarf very high on the list of things that help me cope with the world, because wearing it feels like a hug, because the scarf is warm and soft, and because it provides the sort of movement that I find very relaxing and cathartic.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-20-2021, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yay for finishing the mermaid scarf!

I bought the silver holo vinyl for boot tongues last night. Was supposed to have today off and was gonna try to get the boots done, but got stuck working all day instead. XP
So I'm gonna try to stay focused after work and at least get the pieces cut out (as well as do like 5 other things) and then stitch them in tomorrow after work. Idk if I'll wear them for Halloween, but I'd like to at least be able to try them on with the outfit to see how they look.

List of things to do by tomorrow night:
1. Laundry
2. Buy cat food, trash bags, and eyelash glue
3. Make 1 face mask
4. Cut boot tongues out.
5. Sew boot tongues in.
6. Lint roll boots. Nevermind, I forgot these had a stiletto heel, I'm not wearing them for a full 9 hours
7. Lint roll dress

...I think that's everything. Hopefully I can get it all done in the approx 8 hours total I'll have between the 2 days.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-29-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old Posted 10-28-2021, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5655  
How did you do with your list? I haven't been getting much done the past few days. Got stuck on the mermaid pillow doll I'm making, and have to find someone with a hot glue gun to do a step for me. I think a combination of that stuff being stolen and longer nights is borking my perceptions a bit. And my hands and eyes are still a little sore from my attempts to cut out paper dolls this week.

Also, I freehanded a mermaid clutch (hug) purse last week, based on the scarf.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 10-28-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old Posted 10-28-2021, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Considering I only just got off work and got home a little over an hour ago, list progress has been slow.
Purchases have been made, laundry is...in the tub being soaked (as I don't have access to actual laundry facilities very often so I havce to do them by hand/in a tub, which is annoying, but works fine most of the time unless they're really dirty), hair is pulled back and ready to be hacked off though idk if I wanna bother with it tonight and am trying to hunt down my boot tongue template because it's not where I thought I put it. XP

List has been modified/updated. Idk how much I'll get done tonight, but I'm gonna try hard.
Took haircut off as I just don't have time to diy it properly. Though might do it on Sunday anyway.
Modified list again slightly due to the recent rediscovery of the impracticality of my initial boot choice...
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-29-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old Posted 10-28-2021, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5657  
Haircut is one of the few things I DID get done today, though I had to get the scissors and trim the edges this time after the clippers. I got two pages of story writing copied, but mostly I sat and reread a book.

Now I'm sitting here with Wee Arny, the puppy named after my friend, in my lap. I need his cheerful cute right now.

Impracticality of your initial boot choice?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-29-2021, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Stiletto heeled boots for a 9 hour shift mostly comprised of standing, walking, and carrying/moving large quantities of books? Not gonna happen.
Old Posted 10-30-2021, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5659  
getting my hat ready to sew the brim tape on. and kicking myself for not doing the prep earlier on in the month.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-30-2021, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Stiletto heeled boots for a 9 hour shift mostly comprised of standing, walking, and carrying/moving large quantities of books? Not gonna happen.
Owwwwww! Nope! Platforms needed!

Today I carved pumpkins, and carved (nicked the heck out of) my hands, too. One of the pumpkins had crossed eyes and a gleefully stuck out tongue.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-30-2021, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5661  
I just got so frustrated with my sewing machine that I just slapped the brim tape on with hot glue.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-31-2021, 02:10 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Aww.

lol I had a step on the mermaid pillow doll that I'm making that needed hot glue. I brought it to a lady at the farmers market and am hoping she remembers to bring it back today.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-31-2021, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5663  
So, I didn't end up sewing the boot tongues in, but added them as sort of inserts. Which worked pretty well except they started sliding a tiny bit by the end of the day. So might tweak my idea some so I can have changeable boot inserts.
This is what it looked like:
Old Posted 11-03-2021, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
It looks cool! Do you think a little packing tape would help prevent the sliding? The interchangeable thing's a good idea, I think.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-03-2021, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote