Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #17  
Sei's right. if we had only staff and no wonderful users, we would have no Trisphee! :O

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 04-14-2011, 01:29 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
! Fzz! Aw I'm glad to see you...
I understand what you're saying though, I've been here around the same time as you but I definitely feel at times like I'm on the outside looking in. There's a lot of conversations and things happening that I miss just because I can't post as much, so there's in-jokes and references I don't understand. And in-jokes go a looong way to gluing people together into a group or a community, I mean that's just the way it is. Shared experiences bring people together and when you miss out on those, it can be hard to find a groove with the group.

But I will always consider you a friend even though we didn't even talk all that much, but -- we had some of those unique shared experiences! ;D On another site of course but still MY ANALOGY STANDS dammit.

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 04-21-2011, 03:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #19  
Quote:
How much difficulty did you have getting involved in the community?
Well not very much, but that's when the avatar games were not part of forum games. While I don't mind the lower gold count I can't find the threads I once chatted in while playing. I just found it easier to chat that way than in hangouts for some reason. And when I am chatty, I chat... A LOT.

Quote:
Do you feel like such a small site is hard to become a part of because of the everybody-knows-everybody atmosphere?
Not exactly. I feel it can be a hard place to become part of because if you don't stay close to someone you'll run out of people who'll get tired of you popping in and then poofing like I do. The guilt has consequently run me out of several sites.
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 02:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
I actually kinda force it.Then it comes a bit more naturally. If I see people chatting, I just post a simple hi, how are ya'll, and then see if anyone responds. If there is no response, then I move to the next thread, and try again. It works for me, but I'm not sure how it'll work for another person.
I use to lurk on another site, because it felt a bit clique at the time, but when I got to know the site, it wasn't as clique as I thought.
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #21  
-How much difficulty did you have getting involved in the community?
------ I am still working on it! I am still dwelling on that feeling awkward stage, since I don't know anyone. I recognize some usernames - but still iffy.
-Do you feel like such a small site is hard to become a part of because of the everybody-knows-everybody atmosphere?
---- I do actually. But I hope I can merge in. It's tough at first. If you can't get into it, it's very easy to drift away and never come back. Sometimes joining a small group, while hard at first is a lot easier in the long run.
Old Posted 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I still haven't found my little niche in the Trisphee Community, I feel. I joined during the war this past Autumn, and for a while I thought I'd found a nice little place in the Avatar Games subforum... but after it got mushed up with the other Forum Games... I feel lost.

I do often feel a bit isolated from other users since a lot of people seem really close. I'm scared to join in a lot of threads because everyone seems so close, and walking in on that would feel like going into some random neighborhood and crashing a stranger's pool party or something. I'm reluctant to start my own threads as well since I'm rather shy.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #23  
I was a member during closed beta, but I did not post much until after opening day. So, I only sort of know some people here. In order to find some place to fit in I wander around hangouts looking for a likely conversation. Then I post something something about the topic to introduce myself. If someone replies, I get to continue the conversation. I try to post in order to get aurum for items. Having monthly aurum items keeps me busy. However, since I go to quite a few sites, I sometimes run out of day before I make it to Trisphee.
Old Posted 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Dancing in the Rain
I don't think I'm involved yet. I don't really know where to start to become a part of it XD

-Do you feel like such a small site is hard to become a part of because of the everybody-knows-everybody atmosphere?
Well, on some small(or new) sites like Ruffles and Elidiun I actually managed to get in the community fairly easy. I think it's a matter of how comfortable I feel on the site. On Ruffles it's kind of inactive and the same few people are usually on so I feel like it's easy to join in. On elidiun it's new and while some people know each other from other sites the newness makes it easier. On here and ernya it's just difficult for me to get in to the community because, like the question asks, everyone seems to already know everyone. Like sometimes I want to go talk in a hangout or such but I kind of feel like most people in those are use to talking to each other. I just feel awkward joining threads that already have a lot of chatterers XD.
Old Posted 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #25  
If anyone ever wants to chat, look for me. I'm almost always around and willing to talk, either on the forums or through PMs. I'm friendly, promise! :3

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
To be honest Im not that involved. The forums are a bit slow so its hard to keep up with conversation.

Somewhat at first. But when I get used to in on a site I dont have a problem posting.
Last edited by Booga; 05-02-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old Posted 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #27  
I use to be kinda like that but, I got better over time. It's alot easier to talk to someone online,than in person. when it comes to making friends. I know I have bad anxieties in real life...more or less mostly just around crowds, or stuff i'm afraid of/don't like.

Art by panda..
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I'm not totally sure as I only joined almost a week ago. I still feel very outside of the community but I'm trying hard to integrate myself into it by posting a lot and trying to join and continue conversations. It's a bit strange to join a new site after stick with just one for a good 7 years.

I think that it is hard to become a part of the site because of that kind of atmosphere, though that atmosphere may also be what is so attractive right now about the community. Kind of like I want to be a part of it but it's something that I'm going to have to earn. I Think this is probably going to harder for me because I'm not very internet witty, nor am I terribly awesome at roleplaying due to a year or two lack of practice and dwindling writing abilities in favor of visual language.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #29  
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) -How much difficulty did you have getting
involved in the community?

I don't have much trouble, I just have trouble
in stopping being a huge lurker at times, something
I am currently working on.

-Do you feel like such a small site is hard
to become a part of because of the everybody
-knows-everybody atmosphere?

No I love the small community. It's rather nice.
You get to know everyone and you don't get lost
in the shuffle at all.

-For other closed-beta participants, do you
feel like the Trisphee experience is different
for you than it is for members that joined
after open beta started?

I'm a person who joined after the open beta
started. I rather love the community tons
more than I do the sites I joined after they
were large communities for awhile.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 05:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
mostly difficult

not completely, just doesn't always know if what I have to say would fit the conversation
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #31  
Honestly not very much. I love avatar threads so I posted there a lot and eventually talking happened...though now that it's not it's own subforum talking with friends isn't the same/easy as it used to be =( (Plus Juri is a major lurker and earns almost no money now xD)

Do you feel like such a small site is hard to become a part of because of the everybody-knows-everybody atmosphere?
It can be a little yes, but I honestly like it for that reason. Whereas on a big site there's so many people and sometimes they're just not online really. Then there's just too many to keep track of who go in and out of your usual places. x-x
Old Posted 06-04-2011, 04:18 PM Reply With Quote