Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #257  
:] Ah yes. The silly resulting in a new character birth phenomenon.
I'm silly 85% of the time, and sometimes I accidentally vomit out a new character outta nowhere. xD I gotta keep track of all of them because I will forget them if I just wrote down a name, but description/appearance I will recall.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-15-2019, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i literally only keep to one or two muses. the current one is that triumphant version of wilson that i use sometimes.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-15-2019, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #259  
I haven't written much fan fiction either! :c

I also tend to spill out some random characters sometimes when RPing!
But they're usually minor characters, sometimes they don't even get a name. :P
Most of the time they don't get a name, actually...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I rarely even write smut with my husband anymore. Not because I have a problem with it, I just kind of... lost interest in all that?

It is incredibly creepy to me that an adult would write a romance plot with someone they knew was underage even if the character they were playing was not. It just strikes me as not okay on so many levels.

I also don't really feel like every roleplay, even 1-1 roleplays, need to have a romance aspect. If it develops naturally that's one thing, but I really like to see all sorts of relationships, not just immediately assuming that they will be romantic partners.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-15-2019, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #261  
yeah, it kind of is.

i actually asked my rp partner who i write a romantic wilson / charlie relationship multiple times if it was okay (or, well, they asked gnghgkhjjsk). we're just friends. (we're also the same age.)

Old Posted 11-15-2019, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Fluffy romance is one thing, but full on physical relationship that led to a child?

Alas, that is the hardest part of being a roleplayer online anymore. I don't do fandom roleplays. I have tried and most the time I just can't really enjoy it.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-15-2019, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #263  
yeah, roleplays are like photo-sharing. it's important to stay in the same generation when exchanging outside of the intimate family pool to avoid very unsafe power unbalances. you /can/ do it of course but it's so prone to abuse that it's just not a great idea

also i am going to sound like a grandpa here for a moment but my own personal opinion is that the kind of internal voice someone has changes with age and experience so it's probably a good idea to stay closer to people with the same general 'voice' when writing x''D even if the style and themes vary wildly it is good to at least be able to understand one another
Old Posted 11-15-2019, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Eh, it's not such a grandpa statement to me. It's VERY hard for me to roleplay with people that have wildly different experience levels from me. Then again, I think a lot of that is believability when they are writing too. Like, if someone has never lived on their own and supported themselves it is hard for them to really write someone doing that without missing some of the nuances of actually living through it.

That's part of why I like fantasy. It is SO much easier to suspend my disbelief if everything is completely fantasy than when there are glaring things that make no sense.

Old Posted 11-16-2019, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #265  
Honestly, I prefer my characters and their relationships to be platonic...
But if they eventually have feelings, I welcome them.

I find RPing to be like blind dates... Like, I don't just jump into them with the knowledge that they will lead to a long term, romantic relationship. Now, if the characters being in a relationship is a part of the plot, then that's cool.... but usually my characters are always platonic nowadays.

Also, I don't do any graphic sexual RPs anymore. If it's not okay for a public forum, it's not okay for DMs, IMHO.

I think that makes sense too. The whole life aspect thing. can make it difficult for characters to relate sometimes. But I find that I don't need to have every single life experience to write about it. But maybe my experiences are different, but the feelings behind them are usually universal.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-16-2019, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
You don't have to have the life experience to write about it, but you do need to at least have some understanding about it. Like, I've seen people try to write medical situations without having a real understanding of how they work and the glaring inaccuracies are difficult for me to ignore.

Old Posted 11-16-2019, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #267  
Ohh! Yeah, that makes sense.

I try to avoid RPs with things like that where I'm not familiar. Otherwise I do loads of research before even posting. :D

I've yet to run into that issue, though...
I tend to pick "safe" plots. Mostly fantasy or lore-based things that are subject to change and can be customized.

There's some things I'm familiar with, but don't like RPing though, like things based on mental asylums or inpatient treatment for mental health and such...

Even sometimes I'm too passionate about my fandoms that I can get kinda nasty when the characters aren't played "correctly", you know?

;u;

I feel like a bad person sometimes lol

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-16-2019, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
golly, it breaks my heart that playing with either of you isn't an option x''D you two understand me so well on that front
Old Posted 11-16-2019, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #269  
i actually really love doing crack rps specifically because of shenanigans and the suspension of disbelief.

Old Posted 11-16-2019, 11:02 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
do you do any non-wilson stuff?
Old Posted 11-16-2019, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #271  
(elevator music plays)

Old Posted 11-16-2019, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<U<; *coughs n' bleeds*
I like to do my research too, but sometimes I be an idiot and don't get some things right. :[ I tend to stick to fantasy as a result most of the time. <x} Though sometimes I forget about things I wrote before, and so I have to make sure I get the details correct. <:c I used to really get chewed out on that before.
But I usually keep all my characters very consistent. :] And hard to forget.
<x} Never done a fandom RP tho. I don't really trust those. >u>; and fandoms can get pretty rowdy sometimes..can't go wrong with playing my own characters. <:/

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-16-2019, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote