Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #17  
"The finest you have is simply not good enough then, madame." Tritonia murmured towards the darker-skinned woman, before sneering and pulling off a glove to examine immaculately done nails, before sliding the glove back on and giving Nanika the blessing of her stone cold stare while she flashed a fanged smile at the woman. "For all this money I'm pumping into here, I'm considering asking for the refund on the terms of such atrocious service. Being slandered, harassed, etcetera. If you wanna bring her out here, I'd pay you simply for the privilege of being able to berate her as only a bard would be able to do."

"I had applied to the art schools in the North. They refused me." Tritonia said, spitting out a bit of anger and irritation at the mention of the topic in itself. "The attention to detail was to properly capture her, before I take a knife and whittle her to death in this wooden, statuesque image of her, simply because I know people like you wouldn't indulge me in paying to stomp her into a crippled mess."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 03:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Nanika's eyes followed Tritonia's to nails that even as the owner of Osta's finest brothel she would never be able to afford. The fanged smile sent chills down her spine and she wondered if it was manicured as well or just a natural feature of the vile woman. "With the 'terrible' service received, I am tempted to ask why you yet linger," Nanika said placing her hands on her hips, cocking one to the side, "You were never slandered nor berated and I cannot allow you to berate our finest girl here."

Ah, so that's why you are the way you are, she thought, not allowing her face to betray that thought saying instead, "That sounds like as decent excuse as any to take in the finest features of someone. No, I will not allow that. Well. If I can't provide you with any more services, you can sit and wittle away at the table you purchased proper to your heart's content. I have other customers to tend to. Good day, madame." Nanika's use of the word "madame" was quite intentional and she used it as venomously as could possibly be mustered.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #19  
"Because, the longer I linger the more I can jot down and sing about later. The streets will know every ounce of slander and the gods themselves will weep at the mention and limericks over every imperfection in your finest's person. You can stop me from barking the truth about her in here, but out in the world? I hope you're ready for the musings of Tritonia Corominas." Flicking a tongue across those sharpened teeth of hers, Tritonia yawned and rolled her eyes at the Madame. "You're no fun. Nothing makes me happier than belittling others' supposed 'best' in whatever they conjure."

The sudden departure and rather discourteous farewell was the straw that broke the camel's back, it's entire body, and the descendents of the camel as well; Tritonia's eyes flaring and her face turning a shade of crimson, before she exhaled softly, and planted herself into a more regal postition; the woman placing her now clasped hands onto the purchased table while daggers for eyes locked on Nanika. "You know, I may not be able to partake in anything now that you've decided to be so rude and harsh to me. However, virtue isn't strong in people who come to brothels. A lot of this gold can be used to make them do....Rather horrid things. A little gold can turn the finest, most noble of people in...Well. Southern savages." Tritonia dangled one of the gold bags, and looked from her table to the sprawl and commotion of the rest of the place, and back to Nanika.

Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Nanika froze where she stood, a chill running up her spine. The threat of slander was not one she took seriously. The women in her brothel, after all, were the most desired in all of Osta - Chidi being the most of these. A few negative things said by a woman as vile as Tritonia would do little to harm business. The threat of Tritonia paying to cause trouble, however, was another thing entirely. She spun on her heel to face the bard. "What...exactly...are you saying? Spell it out for this 'southern savage.'"
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #21  
Hook, line and sinker. Tritonia laughed and continued to dangle the bag of gold while she pondered what manner of atrocity she could do to inflict the worst on both the establishment itself, and the people within; the bard licking her chops like a predator anticipating the finishing blow on its prey. "Ah, I knew subtlety would be lost on someone as...Simple...As you. Let me put it in a way that even someone from the Far North would be able to understand." Tritonia chimed, chomping her fangs together. "You're gonna let me either do something fun to amuse myself in your brothel, with your dear 'Best' worker," She said, fingers curling and uncurling in mimicked quotes in the air, "Or, I'll be more than happy to pay the people in here to do perform all those sickening thoughts they try to keep buried in their head. Your choice. Madame."

Old Posted 05-09-2018, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Nanika pursed her lips, her brow furrowed. Concern would have been putting the feeling sitting at the bottom of her stomach lightly and she tapped her finger against her thigh. "Define 'fun.' I will not allow any bodily harm to come to her, you understand that, don't you?"

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-10-2018, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote