Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #3329  
Ugh, I may need to contact the post office about a package next Monday if it doesn't move this week. Giving it the rest of this week in case packages are being quarantined for some reason even though it supposedly got there on the 22nd. (Was sent via ups smartpost or surepost or whatever they call it, where it's sent most of the way through ups and then passed off to the post office for final delivery.)

Also, I've bought way too much stuff online in the last few weeks and I really should start keeping track of them so I know what's still out and what I need to keep up with for tracking...

And before the chorus of "you should also buy local, not online" rises up....yeah I should. But nowhere in town sells nail art stamping plates, bath bombs with dragon and fairy themed rings, Disney movies that aren't scratched all to hell at pretty low prices. The overnight oats, I probably could have diy'd, though some of the ingredients (like protein powder) are harder for me to buy just because of my work schedule and lack of car. And the coffee? I could have bought local except the one place in town that roasts their own beans...isn't that great. And store bought beans tend to be too stale/not fresh enough for me.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 06-29-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
you got my PM, Kaderin?

in other shouty-into-the-void news - i have a telephone hearing about my unemployment on july 13th. thing is, i tried to ask if my part-time job was eligible, they told me to apply anyway. they included my full-time job. and i completely missed the part where they'd said when i get to the question "did i work?" to answer it "yes" and put in my gross pay. BUT - for 8 weeks, i didn't know that they really did include my full-time job, and when i answered "did i work?" - i took that to mean my part-time job. i DID get paid from my full-time job. i'll bet i'm going to have to pay back the money unemployment sent me... as well as that $600 per week the state sent me as well. *sigh*

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 02:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3331  
I did, yeah. It's and incoming package giving me issues not outgoing.
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 02:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yeah, i get that. so far, my incoming packages have all gotten to me. i think i'm still waiting for one more. it one of those where they spend forever printing your shirt, and then people on facebook start to post that it's a hoax and they take your money and you don't get the shirt.... and then my shirt arrives. LOL XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3333  
Yeah....mine is a travel mug thingy. The original estimated arrival date for it was May 29th. When tracking still hadn't been updated around mid-June, I sent an email about it. Tracking finally updated with a new estimated delivery date of June 23rd. It's supposedly been "awaiting acceptance scan" at my post office since the 22nd.

The stickers I ordered with it arrived before May 29th at least. *shrug*
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yikes, that's a little backlogged, yeah.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3335  
I figure if it doesn't move by the end of the week, I'll get hold of them again. XP
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yeah, that makes sense.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3337  
Tracking seems to be really slow with updating in general.

I already got one of my coffees rather quickly, but I guess that's because they're local. Although, one was pre-ordered for mid-July and they already sent it which messes with how I space things out.

I hope your hearing gets things straightened out, trystan. That sounds like quite the mess, but I can see how easily it can happen.
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I hope your hearing gets things straightened out, trystan. That sounds like quite the mess, but I can see how easily it can happen.
thanks. i hope it goes well, I've never done this before

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-29-2020, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3339  
Am proud of myself. Have organized my online orders and have also contacted the company about my "constantly stuck in transit" order since in their last message when they updated and actually got the item shipped they had said if it hadn't arrived by the 24th to contact them.
Turns out I actually had 6 online orders. O.o
But one arrived yesterday, so only 5 now, though only 4 are in various states of shipping and 1 is a preorder so it won't ship until probably mid-July at the earliest.
Old Posted 06-30-2020, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*facepalm* How does this keep happening to me?!?

So....reported the missing/delayed package to the company I ordered from (because it was 6 days past the "if it hasn't arrived, please contact us" day...and they responded very kindly saying they were sorry for the delay and they were sending a replacement order.
Out of curiosity, I checked the tracking again. To find that the package is moving again. XP

Earlier in the year, a similar incident occurred with a nail polish order. It was supposedly delivered, but wasn't there, I contacted customer service about it being stolen, then after they sent a new order, the "stolen" package turned up.
Old Posted 06-30-2020, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3341  
that sounds all very frustrating, Kaderin :(

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-30-2020, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It's mostly just frustrating because I know that they'll take a loss on sending an item and I feel like a jerk for basically ending up with a free item.

But if the package (my new travel mug!) actually arrives tomorrow like it's supposed to, I'll see if they can cancel the replacement order. I'd have them cancel it tonight, but the shipping has been so hit or miss on it that there's a chance it still might not arrive.

It was supposed to arrive May 29th, but that estimated date was updated to June 3rd once the package finally shipped on May 28th. Then the package didn't move at all until June 20th, after I had sent an email about it and delivery date was then updated to be June 24th. It arrived at the post office "awaiting acceptance scan" on June 22nd. Where it sat, unmoving and apparently unscanned until today and delivery date was updated again to tomorrow.
Old Posted 06-30-2020, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3343  
yeah, that's just a little insane, too....

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-30-2020, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
What kind of travel mug? I'm on the lookout for new ones.
Old Posted 07-01-2020, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote