Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
I mean. I would. Except I picked a different solution: run Windows on a dedicated gaming PC.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-28-2020, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I did download FF Retro. But it froze during character customization. :(

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-28-2020, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #19  
idk if that server's offline or crashed or if your computer is strong enough to run it. hell if i know.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-29-2020, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
This computer has been able to run a lot of things and it's still kinda new, I'll see if I can find the problem ;u;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-29-2020, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
It seems unlikely that it's a computer performance issue, given that the game is from 2009. It can just about run on a potato. It's actually more likely that your computer is too NEW than too OLD.

FusionFall was never the most stable game, and FF Retro is limping along on an ancient (and notably buggy) version of the Unity engine that's shoehorned into a web plugin that doesn't work with any modern browser. The issue you describe was a common thing to hear about even when the game had first-party support.

I tried to get the FF Retro team to let me help, since I'm... y'know, probably a better engineer than anyone they have on staff. But despite my history with the game, they're super jealous of their stuff and they don't want to let anyone see it.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-01-2020, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
that vaguely reminds me of sonic gather battle in the way that the guy was trying to protect his sprites by injecting actual malware, but hopefully they won't stoop down to that level.

someone's gonna datamine shit anyways.

is it possible to run it in a VM?
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-01-2020, 01:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Yeah, it should work just fine in a Win2000 / WinXP VM, assuming your VM software emulates / passes through the necessary 3D stuff.

Old Posted 03-02-2020, 02:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Hey Coda

I just got a bit nostalgic and looked up the old ff explorers forum and found this thread, so I wanted to say hey!

I was ctvugyhf on the forums and butler amoeba in game. I focused mostly on trading but I was on the forum and did a bit of exploration with you guys. I don't think we really hung out much, but I remember your name and I do remember drazil. He and I grouped a good bit at the time.

I was pretty young at the time (12 I think?), but I remember having a lot of fun with you guys! Hope y'all are all doing well
Old Posted 02-11-2024, 05:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Oh hey, I remember you. Welcome to Trisphee!

EDIT: Drazil says hi too!

EDIT: No, sorry, he says "HI!".

Old Posted 02-24-2024, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Sudden realization that I could have just randomly *met Coda in FF* months before I ever joined Tris.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-24-2024, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Sudden realization that I could have just randomly *met Coda in FF* months before I ever joined Tris.
FusionFall is how I met Viva Alecto (Mandie), which is how I ended up here.

Like I mentioned in the second post: In-game and on the forums I was Mrs. Moonbunny -- my own account got glitched out, and my wife wasn't super interested in continuing to play, so I ended up playing on her account until the game shut down.

Old Posted 02-24-2024, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote