Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Default   #49  
that sounds amazing ;_;

i've become a sort of barbara comyns collector but at first i just wanted to read every one of her eleven novels. but there was no way to track them at libraries, and i only found one of her books at a local used books sale. i bought all of her other novels which i've read (some i'm still yet to find) and i bought them either new or used- but always from international sellers ;_; she's worth it to me, but i can't help envying those who're able to just request any of her novels at a library. or walk into a used books store and simply find one of her novels on the shelf.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 02-17-2020, 12:16 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I like the system here where you can check out books from your library, but the selection is a shared network between several other libraries in the area. Even if they don't have what you are looking for, the interlibrary loan is a good service to use for harder to find things.
interlibrary loans are AMAZING.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-17-2020, 08:15 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #51  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I like the system here where you can check out books from your library, but the selection is a shared network between several other libraries in the area. Even if they don't have what you are looking for, the interlibrary loan is a good service to use for harder to find things.
That's what we have out here. Regional libraries. We also have a return system that's regional based between library systems, so if we had to, we can return books in other cities and they'll make their way back.
Old Posted 02-17-2020, 08:52 PM  
A*DIC*TED
I wouldn't mind having a top secret archive with classified documents and stuff >w>

I blame Danganronpa

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 01:18 AM  
Writer
Default   #53  
I have a top secret archive at home. Granted, most of it was written by an eight-year-old who once wanted to grow up to be the new James Bond. Might have a few Donald Duck comics mixed in for good measure.
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 04:59 AM  
A*DIC*TED
That's awesome xD I'd love to read some old Disney comics.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 05:59 AM  
Writer
Default   #55  
You're never too old for Disney, right? ^^
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 06:00 AM  
기다려
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
You're never too old for Disney, right? ^^
right!

i have a couple of Richmal Crompton's 'William' books and badly want to get more, but they're out of print :((

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 02-18-2020, 07:36 AM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #57  
Supposedly our state has a thing where you can borrow book from the state library and they will mail them to you, but I have never tried it. I should look more into it.

I am surprised how many books I used to love are surprisingly hard to find now.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 08:36 AM  
isn't that funny
libray loans are amazing<3 i would put like 10-25 books on hold using both the local stock and the surrounding libraries then when all of the books were in i would pick up the whole lot then spend the next couple weeks returning them a few at a time, it would also give me a reason to peruse the daily recommendations and pick up one or two of those since i was already there dropping off read books<3 sadly now it is over an hour away and because november to febuary is my work season(almost all of the years work is at this time) i haven't been to the library since november v_____v on the plus side when i am well enough to drive again it will be the off season and i can totally go check out a few<3<3
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 02-18-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 03:28 PM  
Icy Footed
Default   #59  
*pops in*
o_o Books...are...
...books. e_e

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-18-2020, 04:32 PM  
isn't that funny
does merskelly need aggressive convincing? i'm more than ok with making you read like 30 field manuals all the bad pun pocket books you can stand >D
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 04:40 PM  
Hakuna matata
Default   #61  
Some books have changed over the years too
Like Nancy Drew was originally a badass flapper, but the stories were rewritten in the 50s to make her more passive
Trixie Belden, while the stories generally remain consistent between editions, details change.

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 04:58 PM  
Icy Footed
Stand? /:D What fool reads books standing?
The only proper way to read field manuals is, where else? A field. >X}
As for bad pun pocket books, you best read those aloud when locked in a room with someone. >xD

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-18-2020, 05:00 PM  
Writer
Default   #63  
Were the stories really rewritten, or did they just change the main author? Now I want to dig through my old Nancy Drew paperbacks...
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 05:04 PM  
isn't that funny
or in a comfy armchair while contemplating going to visit a field eventually some day...later
Old Posted 02-18-2020, 08:32 PM