Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #305  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
The idea of NaNo is to get the words on the page, right? It doesn't have to be good. That's what December and January are for lol.
yep yep!

Coda - so that's cool too. :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I like how this latest chapter turned out! I included a YouTube soundtrack link. XD

I really hope I can get more writing done now that I'm home. Getting off to a good start, at least, but I'm so far behind... At this point it's better to just recalculate my quota than to try to catch up. I need to write 2260 words per day now if I want to hit 50k before the end of the month.
That is very doable, Coda. I've been averaging 2453 a day. Sprint ahead when you have the time and then that will help when you don't have as much time.
Of course you can always change your goal, because it's all a win with more words written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post

my other internal deadline is to have the story finished by 11/30. or before. XD
I want to be at 50K before we leave for Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
If I can get the money together before the end of the month to buy a new laptop I shall maybe try to mad dash something out. You never know. The idea of NaNo is to get the words on the page, right? It doesn't have to be good. That's what December and January are for lol. [/color]
We even have people who handwrite. One woman at our write in today was averaging 450 words of handwriting in 20 minutes. Another woman wrote her entire 50K work by hand for several years running.

Coda - glad you're happy about your work!
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #307  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenKitty View Post
I want to be at 50K before we leave for Thanksgiving.
you can do it!! =)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, I've written 1700 words today... so I at least made my ORIGINAL quota. Would be better if I can get another 500 words in before bedtime.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #309  
go Coda! you can do it!!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-13-2017, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ugh. I got sick! No recent progress at all for me.

I can make the daily word counts if I have the material, it's not really a huge amount of typing, but I've yet to really have the material. I legit have a section of my describing a chandelier that was above my head during a write-in.

Typing speed helps to. There was this one guy in a region I used to be part of that would put up multi-hundred thousand word counts each year and he credited his typing speed. Three digits, but I can't remember which ones.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 03:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #311  
Describing a chandelier is completely legit during November. The one time I participated in Script Frenzy (before they changed the goal to pages instead of words) I splurged on descriptions how the scene was set and what each character's motives and clothes were to be. One of them even literally wore a shirt with the label "This shirt also contributes to the word count".

Silly stuff, but it works for me when stuck.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Indeed, gratuitous, unnecessary detail is a completely valid NaNoWriMo tactic.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #313  
Starting to despair. I keep having days where I don't have enough time to write. Yesterday I only managed to squeeze in 344 words. The day before that, 186. This sucks and it's really demotivating.

Old Posted 11-16-2017, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
if it helps, there's been days where all i've had was a big fat zero for the word count for that day. stuff happens.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #315  
Stopping by to cheer everyone on!

You can do it! Whatever your goal - you can do it! :)
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Ugh. I went four days without doing ANY writing. x.x I'm trying to get my momentum back but my last post was half written five days ago and half written last night.

Old Posted 11-21-2017, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #317  
THAT'S better. That's 1967 words so far today, and I'm not done yet. I found my groove on Bubble Man -- I knew from the beginning what the plans for this one were and I had been looking forward to writing it, but I didn't want to jump into it earlier because it would have felt like a big drag to go back to the more constrained, less visible scenes that come before it in the chronology.

EDIT: *does math* Ew. Missing out on four days after having poor pacing before that means I'd have to average over 3900 words per day (counting today) for the rest of the month if I'm going to hit 50k. That's a real blow.

EDIT: ... I don't know when I screwed up my word counts, but apparently I'm only at 11216, not 12763. That's a whole day's worth of writing not lining up right...

EDIT: Okay, I accidentally forgot to include the Wood Man segment. Total is 12713 now. The 50-word discrepancy was a typo on the very first day. ^^()

Old Posted 11-21-2017, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
you can do it Coda!!! =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #319  
I went a week without doing anything because sick. :(

But, I did some looking over of my paragraphs today and I'd say I have 80% of a continuous story! Just need to attach it to the remaining 20%.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
ooh, that's cool too, Quiet Man!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote